The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NFL thread

Tony Romo

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8675242/richard-sherman-brandon-browner-seattle-seahawks-facing-4-game-suspensions-sources

Seattle Seahawks starting cornerbacks Richard Sherman and Brandon Browner are facing four-game suspensions for violating the NFL's performance-enhancing drug policy, according to league sources.

NFC West Blog

sando_mike_m.jpgESPN.com's Mike Sando writes about all things NFC West in his division blog.

Network: NFL Nation

Both Sherman and Browner tested positive and are appealing their suspensions, insisting they are innocent, according to sources. The appeal could be heard as early as this week.

The absence of both Sherman and Browner would be a huge blow to the Seahawks (6-5), who dropped a 24-21 decision Sunday to theMiami Dolphins but still are competing for a playoff spot in the NFC.

If the suspensions are upheld, Seattle would have to lean on veteran Marcus Trufant to replace Sherman at left cornerback, and Walter Thurmond to replace Browner at right cornerback.

Ironically, Seattle is locked in a race with Tampa Bay (6-5) for an NFC wild-card spot. The Buccaneers have had two starting cornerbacks (Eric Wright and Aqib Talib, who later was traded to New England) suspended for four games for using Adderall.

The 6-foot-3 Sherman leads the Seahawks with four interceptions this season while the 6-4 Browner, a Pro Bowler in 2011, has three interception

Absolutely crazy. Die hard seahawk fans must be pissed.

Also in other news Broncos clinch a playoff spot with San Diego loss. Hope this roll continues. I know this is really looking down the road but the Ravens Broncos 3 weeks from now could be one hell of a game with potentially the #2 spot up for grabs. Here is for hoping NBC takes that game seeing as I have an exam at 12 that day so I would miss the end of the game.

Today we played like garbage but a win is a win. Really tough test for the d next week against freemen and the beast man that is Doug Martin

Stupid Chargers, can't rely on them for anything! Oh well, Fins, Texans, 49ers, Jags, and Fins again up next, #1 or 2 seed isn't out of the question at all, moreso aiming for #2 though, just gotta have faith.

Going to be an interesting race for #2 between the Broncos, Ravens and Pats

Broncos have the easiest schedule out of the 3. Ravens have hardest and Pats are somewhere in middle.

What happens if Denver beats Baltimore in 3 weeks time and all 3 teams have identical records. In this hypothetical scenario the broncos would have beat Ravens but the Ravens would have beat Pats , the Pats lost to Ravens and beat denver

Who would finish #2?

The thing I like about this season is no team looks invincible and a shoe in for the Lombardi. All the division/conference leaders have shown signs of vulnerability at some point throughout the season and where the holes in their game are. It's going to be a fun end to the season as the wildcard spots and some division titles are sorted out, and then of course, the playoffs themself. I wouldn't mind playing Andrew Luck at home again in the wildcard card. I actually would prefer this, bye weeks haven't exactly always been friendly to the Pats.

Going to be an interesting race for #2 between the Broncos, Ravens and Pats

Broncos have the easiest schedule out of the 3. Ravens have hardest and Pats are somewhere in middle.

What happens if Denver beats Baltimore in 3 weeks time and all 3 teams have identical records. In this hypothetical scenario the broncos would have beat Ravens but the Ravens would have beat Pats , the Pats lost to Ravens and beat denver

Who would finish #2?

I cant remember where I heard this (might have been during the thanksgiving day game), but if the Ravens, Pats and Broncos all finish 13-3, with the Ravens only loss in the last 5 games coming against the Broncos, the patriots finish 2nd. Any other scenario requires 2 ravens losses for either the Pats or Broncos to finish 2nd. The broncos have the toughest route to the 2nd seed because they need a patriots loss, and 2 ravens losses (unless of course the broncos beat the ravens in 3 weeks)