The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NFL thread

Tony Romo

And also I think Luck is overrated. Sure he puts up a ton of yards and TD's but he makes horrendous plays as well and puts his team in brutal positions. Wilson isn't a game manager, Bevell is a game managing offensive coordinator that only allows Wilson to throw 28 times a game. If he threw 50 times a game like Brees and Luck with a number one (don't care what anyone says but Reggie Wayne is still a number 1 and so is TY Hilton) receiver he probably puts up 320 yards a game as well.

PS: Why are rushing yards by a QB always, ALWAYS an afterthought? Because Manning and Brady can only rush 3 yards a year I guess, and they are the poster boys of the NFL!

Back to back games with 400 yards plus, including 4 tds in each game! Luck had an off game this week and threw for more than 300 yards.

Luck has no O-line. The run game is suspect. Colts defence is terrible. Luck has basically put the team on his back for 2+ years now. Reggie Wayne was injured for a large part of last year btw. Ty Hilton is hit or miss. He's shown up for 1 game this year.

Luck is better than Wilson but Wilson has the better team.

Edited by Jiggs50

Back to back games with 400 yards plus, including 4 tds in each game! Luck had an off game this week and threw for more than 300 yards.

Luck has no O-line. The run game is suspect. Colts defence is terrible. Luck has basically put the team on his back for 2+ years now. Reggie Wayne was injured for a large part of last year btw. Ty Hilton is hit or miss. He's shown up for 1 game this year.

Luck is better than Wilson but Wilson has the better team.

Indy is in one of the worst divisions in football. Andrew Luck has thrown 8 INTs in 3 playoff games and completed something like 55% of his passes. Like I said, if he wasn't a decent quarterback that has to throw 50 times a game he would be the worst quarterback in the positions he puts his team in by throwing picks like they are going out of style.

Edit: Wilson has the worst O-line in part because the receivers can't get open fast enough. He has to run for his life 85% of the snaps.

Edited by Stizz19

Thought they had to trade Boldin because they couldn't afford him with Flaccos new deal?

I think you're right. The Ravens asked him to cut his pay and he said no (rightfully so). He was traded shortly thereafter.

Indy is in one of the worst divisions in football. Andrew Luck has thrown 8 INTs in 3 playoff games and completed something like 55% of his passes. Like I said, if he wasn't a decent quarterback that has to throw 50 times a game he would be the worst quarterback in the positions he puts his team in by throwing picks like they are going out of style.

Edit: Wilson has the worst O-line in part because the receivers can't get open fast enough. He has to run for his life 85% of the snaps.

Luck throws more ints cause of his TEAM! They can't run the ball. Or defend any lead. Luck has to put up points constantly. He's slinging the ball so much cause he has to. He doesn't have a Marshawn Lynch to rely on! He doesn't have a defence that can dominate like Wilson does.

Luck is a better qb than Wilson. Wilson is no slouch but clearly Luck is better. Give Luck that Seattle defence and he would never stop winning championships.

• Upvote 1

Chose not to pay an already existing contract?

When the Ravens traded Boldin in March, it followed a contract dispute where negotiations went nowhere on the Super Bowl champions' attempt to convince him to take a $2 million pay cut off of his $6 million base salary to lower his $7.531 million salary-cap figure.

-Baltimore Sun

The 6 million in cap space the Ravens picked up from the Boldin trade, they used on acquiring Elvis Dumervil, Chris Canty and stud linebacker Daryl Smith.

Edited by Jiggs50

Wilson detractors often argue about putting so and so in with Seattles defense and they still would have won the championship. I don't think you could argue that any other quarterback in the league could have done what Russ did tonight. The O line played one of the worst games I have seen of late but Wilson's ability to avoid pressure and extend plays was incredible and, in my opinion, unmatchable. What people fail to recognize is that there were a number of games last year that required a similar performance from the qb in order to win. Without Russ's incredible athleticism I'm not sure they would have even made the playoffs much less the superbowl given the strength of the division.

You can certainly argue that Bevell might change the system etc. based on the hypothetical quarterback's strengths but that is purly speculation. Under the current scheme, given the strengths and weaknesses of the offense, I don't think anyone could have done what Russ did. I'm not saying he's the best but he is the best at what he does.

• Upvote 2

Wilson detractors often argue about putting so and so in with Seattles defense and they still would have won the championship. I don't think you could argue that any other quarterback in the league could have done what Russ did tonight. The O line played one of the worst games I have seen of late but Wilson's ability to avoid pressure and extend plays was incredible and, in my opinion, unmatchable. What people fail to recognize is that there were a number of games last year that required a similar performance from the qb in order to win. Without Russ's incredible athleticism I'm not sure they would have even made the playoffs much less the superbowl given the strength of the division.

You can certainly argue that Bevell might change the system etc. based on the hypothetical quarterback's strengths but that is purly speculation. Under the current scheme, given the strengths and weaknesses of the offense, I don't think anyone could have done what Russ did. I'm not saying he's the best but he is the best at what he does.

Well said. As for Luck, he wouldn't be able to sling the ball like he does with the receivers the Hawks have and the swiss cheese O-line they have. While Luck does have pretty good athleticism, especially considering his size, but he would get murdered. And no, i'm not saying Indy has the best o-line in football, just that Seattles is much, much worse.

Well said. As for Luck, he wouldn't be able to sling the ball like he does with the receivers the Hawks have and the swiss cheese O-line they have. While Luck does have pretty good athleticism, especially considering his size, but he would get murdered. And no, i'm not saying Indy has the best o-line in football, just that Seattles is much, much worse.

We'll trade you our O-line for yours

Jim Schwartz being carried off was incredibly pathetic.

Yeah, sure, you beat a team that you led to a 29-57 record or something .. not much to be proud of. In fact, he should be happy some team was desperate enough to hire him as a co-ordinator.

Didn't surprise me he did something like that. Everybody knew he was a douche anyways.

Even Golden Tate agrees

"I thought it was so disrespectful. So disrespectful," Tate said. "I didn't like it at all. If I knew I wasn't gonna get fined, I would have snatched him right down off the shoulders and threw him on the ground, personally -- but, you know, obviously, I couldn't do that. But, you know, if that's what they feel like that was the right thing to do, then so be it. But I just thought it was a bit disrespectful to come on someone's home field, because you have a past with them and kind of do that. So, you know, it is what it is. Hopefully he feels better for doing it."

Tate didn't stop there.

"It's a terrible gesture. Just being a spectator, that's not the first time he's done some things like that," Tate added. "And one thing I heard that -- I don't know how true it is -- but I heard it was planned. ... 'We'll do this if we win.' That's a total douche move.'"

Comments

In a new column for SportsOnEarth.com, former NFL offensive lineman Ross Tucker lays out a personal portrait ofTom Brady that only a teammate could paint.

The lineman-turned-media-personalitys article is a fine, entertaining read, portraying Brady as the fire-in-the-belly competitor we all picture him to be. The most novel and important takeaway from the piece, of course, is that New Englands quarterback punishes beers at mach speed.

In his piece, Tucker gives an anecdote from his brief time on the Patriots roster in 2005. As the story goes, Brady stepped up in the middle of an impromptu beer-chugging competition and demolished the largest men on the New England offensive line.

We went to a local barbecue place near the stadium in Foxboro after practice one time, and there were two different occasions where Bradys eyes displayed his trademark fire. The first was when some of the veteran offensive linemen started talking to the rookies about a chugging contest. No big deal for these guys and given that they were fresh out of college, you would think theyd be at the top of their game. I was surprised to see Brady take part. The rookies looked at the seemingly pretty boy quarterback and laughed. I think I snickered myself. We all shouldve known better. I still have never seen anybody chug a beer faster than Tom Brady. You shouldve seen the way he slammed down his cupit was like he was spiking the ball after a TD.

Tucker goes on to write that Brady followed up his beer-destroying heroics by demanding to pay his teammates tab. They agreed, as the quarterback looked like a physical confrontation would break out if they refused.

Of all the Brady stories youll hear, Tuckers might be the most patently Brady.

Touchdown Tom possesses zero chill in all situations, football or otherwise. Whether hes celebrating, pouting or demanding the best out of his teammates, the Patriots quarterback goes full speed, full attack.

Of course Brady can down hops at record rates. Im surprised he didnt eat the cup for emphasis.