The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NFL thread

Tony Romo

Another gem from NFL.com re: the pats

If one more announcer says, "So the sky isn't falling after all" ... First off, the sky was never falling. And theoretically, the sky can't fall.

Human resources needs to be cleaned out over at NFL.com and they need to start from scratch and hire all new, qualified, non moron staff.

The writers over there are like that one friend who will talk crap behind another friend's back, but when said friend is around, the crap talker acts like they're best friends.

Edited by NucksPatsFan

Well said. As for Luck, he wouldn't be able to sling the ball like he does with the receivers the Hawks have and the swiss cheese O-line they have. While Luck does have pretty good athleticism, especially considering his size, but he would get murdered. And no, i'm not saying Indy has the best o-line in football, just that Seattles is much, much worse.

The Hawks O-line is not that bad. Russel Wilson holds onto the ball for like a million seconds, of course he's going to get chased around. He brings a lot of it on himself. How many times have you seen him just fling it out of bounds. He rarely does that cause he's always holding onto the ball for as along as possible.

Luck gets rid of the ball within 2-3 seconds. He would do fine with any oline imo.

Edited by Jiggs50

The Hawks O-line is not that bad. Russel Wilson holds onto the ball for like a million seconds, of course he's going to get chased around. He brings a lot of it on himself. How many times have you seen him just fling it out of bounds. He rarely does that cause he's always holding onto the ball for as along as possible.

Luck gets rid of the ball within 2-3 seconds. He would do fine with any oline imo.

I believe the Hawks O-line was dead last, or 30th last year in the league. They have been worse this year due to a rookie in Britt and Okung (the pro bowl LT) having a horrendous year. He holds on to it for a million seconds because as soon as the ball is snapped he is running for his life. The receivers aren't getting open fast enough so he rolls out to his left or right waiting for a receiver to get open, if they don't he slings it out of bounds so he doesn't throw picks like they are going out of style.

Luck is definitely a better pocket quarterback but Wilson does almost everything else better.

I believe the Hawks O-line was dead last, or 30th last year in the league. They have been worse this year due to a rookie in Britt and Okung (the pro bowl LT) having a horrendous year. He holds on to it for a million seconds because as soon as the ball is snapped he is running for his life. The receivers aren't getting open fast enough so he rolls out to his left or right waiting for a receiver to get open, if they don't he slings it out of bounds so he doesn't throw picks like they are going out of style.

Luck is definitely a better pocket quarterback but Wilson does almost everything else better.

Nope. Hawks O-line was near the middle of the pack last year and this year they are around 19-21 as well. Not nearly as bad as you make it sound.

Also Luck is such a superior pocket passer that he doesn't need to be better than Russel at scrambling or anything.

Edited by Jiggs50

Nope. Hawks O-line was near the middle of the pack last year and this year they are around 19-21 as well. Not nearly as bad as you make it sound.

Also Luck is such a superior pocket passer that he doesn't need to be better than Russel at scrambling or anything.

Overrated. Quote me on this please, in your sig, for the next few years. Luck will put up yards and a few TDs here and there but all will be for nothing.Enough of this "Wilson is on a better team" crap. Finally the so called experts at the major sports studios are recognizing Wilson and how good he is. At least he isn't a pick machine like Luck. 7 picks in 3 playoff games will never get you a championship, no matter what team you're on. Luck is just a poor mans Manning. Edited by Stizz19

They are a decent run blocking team for sure, pass blocking is on a whole other level of bad.

Wilson vs. Luck is a good question. If you are fantasy drafting your team which one would you take? Tough call but I think Luck will have the longer career with better numbers. Of course both are inferior to Brady though... haha

I'd take Luck over any QB in the league if I were drafting a team.

Theres definitely a few guys who are better than him right now (Manning, Brees, Rodgers, Rivers maybe), but he is still only 25, and has been improving tremendously in each of his first 3 seasons. He'll be around for another 10 years (if not more), and when all is said and done, I think he'll go down as one of the best all time.

• Upvote 1

I'd take Luck over any QB in the league if I were drafting a team.

Theres definitely a few guys who are better than him right now (Manning, Brees, Rodgers, Rivers maybe), but he is still only 25, and has been improving tremendously in each of his first 3 seasons. He'll be around for another 10 years (if not more), and when all is said and done, I think he'll go down as one of the best all time.

He's an excellent QB. Sure, he throws picks sometimes, but a lot of that can be solved by coaching at his age. He has the leadership ability to be an elite player, all the natural skills including underrated mobility, and a good group of targets.

Not really intrigued by tonight's game.

Can't believe the spread is only 2.5 points. The winner takes lead of the division, I expect Luck to have another 300+ yard game and Colts to easily cover the spread.

Hmm...I was going to pick the Colts in my pool, but now that you say they will win easily I might change my pick....

Another TNF match, another blowout coming. Thursday games in general are a dumb idea. Teams just get 4 days of rest and expect to play at a high level again? No, football isn't a sport which you can recover and be ready, study film, adjust game plan accordingly in just 4 days notice. Make it 3 actually since Thursday is game day, Sunday you played so you have Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday to practice. Makes no sense.

Average point differential on TNF games this season are 24 points...it's such a pointless game and Foster spoke out on it today as well...none of the players like it but it happens cause the league makes $$ and added revenue/views. TNF only opens up risk for injury with players not completely ready to play and being forced in a game that is scheduled so bizarrely. 5 turnovers on average this year on TNF,...I mean I'll watch it, but I see where the players are coming from. There is no need for these games. It's only there for the business side where the guys in suits running the show rack in more.

I think Thursday Night games should be reserved for teams coming out of a BYE week. That way, both teams have had equal amount of rest and time to prepare for the games. Sure there might be fewer TNF games but hell, as RussianRocket said, it's unfair for teams who play Sunday night or afternoon to only have 3 days of practice and film.

I think Thursday Night games should be reserved for teams coming out of a BYE week. That way, both teams have had equal amount of rest and time to prepare for the games. Sure there might be fewer TNF games but hell, as RussianRocket said, it's unfair for teams who play Sunday night or afternoon to only have 3 days of practice and film.

This is the only exception I see, great input. Other than that, no team should be put in a situation where they have to play right after a Sunday game. Players need to recover, rest, have some fun but they have to crunch that all in a 3 day period where I doubt they get to do much of that. No proper healing, more work physically and mentally...It's just too much for them to take simply put.

Bye week teams or no teams, that should be the standard. Hope the NFLPA introduces this issue with players starting to speak up and this gets resolved for next season.

Edited by TheRussianRocket™