6982 replies to this topic

#1351 Tony Romo

Tony Romo

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,654 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 02:32 PM

So a year ago today Adrian Peterson tore his acl and mcl...1898 yards later..
Posted Image Posted Image

Thanks to Raoul Duke for the Russell Wilson sig.

#1352 Markus Alexander Cody

Markus Alexander Cody

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,640 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 02:35 PM

I bet Comeback Player of the year will be AP and MVP will be Peyton as it pains me to say. Brady should be MVP year in year out but always gets denied. Whatever, we still have the best QB in the history of the NFL so nothing to say about that. Just can't wait for the playoffs and see the Texans lose to the Colts next week!

Posted Image

credit to allons-y

Certainly going to be our #1 defensemen. Give him a couple more years to improve his game and he'll be our new and improved version of Matthias Ohlund in no time

Posted Image

^Truth

#1353 Wilfred

Wilfred

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,494 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 02:38 PM

I bet Comeback Player of the year will be AP and MVP will be Peyton as it pains me to say. Brady should be MVP year in year out but always gets denied. Whatever, we still have the best QB in the history of the NFL so nothing to say about that. Just can't wait for the playoffs and see the Texans lose to the Colts next week!

Peyton is the best QB of all time. Just doing what he has with the Broncos, likely leadin them to a 13-3 record, just goes to show how he is the best.

#1354 Markus Alexander Cody

Markus Alexander Cody

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,640 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 02:55 PM

Peyton is the best QB of all time. Just doing what he has with the Broncos, likely leadin them to a 13-3 record, just goes to show how he is the best.

Not the best of all time. Top 5? Sure. But not the best. When you compare to the likes of Joe Montana, Jon Elway, Johnny Unitas and other greats, he is not the best.

Posted Image

credit to allons-y

Certainly going to be our #1 defensemen. Give him a couple more years to improve his game and he'll be our new and improved version of Matthias Ohlund in no time

Posted Image

^Truth

#1355 Mr.DirtyDangles

Mr.DirtyDangles

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,796 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 03:45 PM

UHHH Marino, Montana, Young, Farve , Elway, Brady, Bradshaw, Tarkenton, Moon thay all say hi :) Payton is definately in that list but not on top. The guy is unreal and still has it. Pretty impressed at his season with Denver. Did not expect such a quick return to his all star form.

bmw-e30-m3-drift-o.gif

It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society 

-Krishnamurti-            

#1356 TheEhrhoffEffect

TheEhrhoffEffect

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,091 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 04:26 PM

:picard: :picard:

Tebow took the same Broncos team into the playoffs. Peyton is unbelievable, but he is nowhere near the best.

Edited by TheEhrhoffEffect, 24 December 2012 - 04:27 PM.

#1357 TheEhrhoffEffect

TheEhrhoffEffect

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 10,091 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 04:29 PM

I'm a Patriots fan and I disagree. Joe Cool is still the greatest of all-time.

#1358 canuckbeliever

canuckbeliever

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,900 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 04:35 PM

:picard: :picard:

Tebow took the same Broncos team into the playoffs. Peyton is unbelievable, but he is nowhere near the best.

Tebow did not take the team to the playoffs. The defence did. Also if we want to play this terrible logic game which is again very terrible, Matt Cassel had the Pats 11-5 or whatever. Is Brady really that good if he can lead the team to 2 more wins?

See I can say stupid things and use them to undermine another qb as well

Edited by canuckbeliever, 24 December 2012 - 04:36 PM.

#1359 canuckbeliever

canuckbeliever

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,900 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 04:38 PM

Yeah your right, the voters HATTTEEEE BRADY. Lol cmon man.

You look at the years Manning and Brady had, they are on par with each other but here is a big fricking difference that every Patriot idiot forgets. Manning had not played in 2 FU**** YEARS. You can not possibly say that Mannings year hasnt been more impressive and more MVP like due to his time off.

#1360 Mr.DirtyDangles

Mr.DirtyDangles

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,796 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 04:38 PM

I'm a Patriots fan and I disagree. Joe Cool is still the greatest of all-time.

Have to agree :) Although I am seriously biased towards the Niners. Montana was just pure gold to watch, especiallly when king Jerry wass catching all those TD's. We could have used him last night in Seattle lol

bmw-e30-m3-drift-o.gif

It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society 

-Krishnamurti-            

#1361 JollyJet

JollyJet

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 136 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 05:15 PM

Adrian Peterson's case for MVP is far better than Comeback player of the year. He didn't miss any significant time at all last year. Manning, on the other hand, did.

With that said, I'd probably vote for Peyton as MVP too. Not only has he come back from a serious neck injury, but he had to come into an entirely new system and team. Since getting into the groove with his new team, he's knocked off 10 wins in a row. With a seemingly easy game against the Chiefs at home next week, Manning and the Broncos are in great position to end up 13-3 and with a loss by the Texans, secure home field-advantage throughout (they've lost once at home this year, by 6 to the Texans).

He'll probably win OROY, RG3 should seriously be considered for MVP. He's completely injected new life into an almost dead franchise. With a win next week the REDSKINS will host a playoff game...

Defensive Player is obviously Watt.

The NFL Playoffs are shaping up pretty good, the past few years have shown getting hot at the right time can have a great impact on your success.

AFC

Agan, the Broncos have been reeling hot and John Fox is not resting his starters next week. Smart move, it'll be interesting to see if the week off will affect them, but I doubt it.

The Texans are playing really bad right now and are a possible one and done.

The Patriots haven't played Patriot like the last two weeks, although if Brady gets going he's obviously something to be reckoned with.

The Ravens are in a similar situation as the Texans it seems, although that win against the Giants was impressive, if they can defeat the Bengals next week they might gain some confidence going into the playoffs.

Good on Luck and the Colts for making it into the playoffs, and Dalton and the Bengals for second year, but neither pose a real threat to contend for the SB.

I see a Broncos-Patriots AFC Championship matchup. If the Broncos are at home, I can see them winning this game. Their pass-rush and defense as a whole has greatly improved since the first matchup. Manning and the revamped run game will have some success against the Pats D. Home field is key here, so next week isn't entirely meaningless.

NFC

The NFC, I think, is a lot more interesting than the AFC.

The Falcons have found ways to win games throughout the year and consistently. They haven't lost at home, yet, and have home field locked throughout. Whoever goes to the dome will have some trouble.

Green Bay - This team looks a lot like the team that won the Superbowl 2 years ago. They're hot and playing extremely well. They've beaten Atlanta in Atlanta in the playoffs before, if they can win a playoff game at home we may have that rematch!

San Francisco - Their defense is really really good, and offense has some weapons. But I don't trust Kaepernick to go into Lambeau Field and win a playoff game.

Sehawks - Russell Wilson, I kind of do trust. He's won some games, demonstrates extraordinary leadership and skill. Their defense is really good too. They're gonna have an easier first-round matchup than the Niners (if the Niners stay 3rd), against the Cowboys or Redskins. They'll likely travel to Atlanta in the second round, that'll be an awesome game.

Redskins/Cowboys - I always love games that decide who wins a division/goes to the playoffs. But neither of these teams is really elite, and probably won't play a huge factor in contending.

Vikings - AP's season has been incredible, but the way Green Bay has been playing, I think they're going to lose next week.

Chicago - This defense was unstoppable a few weeks ago. But now they're on the outside looking in, but if as I predicted GB beats Minnesota and they beat the Lions, the Bears will be in and playing most likely the Niners. Although they got thumped by the Niners a few weeks ago, I see this as one of those 'getting hot at the right time' teams. Their defense is very very good, and more importantly opportunistic. It really comes down to Jay Cutler not giving away games. They have the potential to be dangerous, but a lot of chips have to fall.

#1362 Baercheese

Baercheese

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,734 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 05:45 PM

Can't hate the Seahawks though. They've beat some quality teams like the Pats, Bears, and the Niners and haven't lost more than a TD

Pretty damn impressive uncle Pete

Edited by Sven Baertschi, 24 December 2012 - 05:48 PM.

3499h5x.jpg
Johnny Gaudreau>any Casucks

Edler, Markstrom, Hansen, 2nd round pick 2014 to Islanders for Ryan Strome, 5th overall pick 2014

This is fairly even as well.

#1363 Garrison

Garrison

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 851 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 05:46 PM

Peyton is not the best QB of all-time. The Denver Broncos made it to the second round last year with TIM TEBOW! TIM TEBOW! This year he had to play behind the worst starting QB in Sanchez and still didn't get playing time. That's how bad he is. It's really not surprising that Peyton got the Broncos to this record. The team was very good to begin with. It's not that impressive. He also only has 1 ring.

#1364 gmen81

gmen81

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 13,724 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 05:50 PM

I was talking to the only other Titan fan I know and we were talking about if the Titans ever made the Super Bowl if we wod fork up a couple G's to go to the game. Then we thought it might be even cooler to go to Nashville and watch the game in a bar down there.

What would you guys wanna do if your team made the Super Bowl?
Posted Image

#1365 Markus Alexander Cody

Markus Alexander Cody

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,640 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 06:31 PM

Can't hate the Seahawks though. They've beat some quality teams like the Pats, Bears, and the Niners and haven't lost more than a TD

Pretty damn impressive uncle Pete

The Patriots have only lost by a combined 11 points in their 4 losses.

Really fcking impressive Grandpa Belichick

Posted Image

credit to allons-y

Posted Image

^Truth

#1366 Tony Romo

Tony Romo

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 7,654 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 06:40 PM

The Patriots have only lost by a combined 11 points in their 4 losses.

Really fcking impressive Grandpa Belichick

Gosh you Guys are defensive.

#1367 Markus Alexander Cody

Markus Alexander Cody

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,640 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 07:25 PM

Gosh you Guys are defensive.

Just making a point.

Posted Image

credit to allons-y

Posted Image

^Truth

#1368 Baercheese

Baercheese

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,734 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 07:38 PM

Just making a point.

Which was....?

Everyone knows the Pats have been good for like a decade now, whereas the young Seahawks are just coming onto scene and make a statement.

Give credit where credit is due

3499h5x.jpg
Johnny Gaudreau>any Casucks

Edler, Markstrom, Hansen, 2nd round pick 2014 to Islanders for Ryan Strome, 5th overall pick 2014

This is fairly even as well.

#1369 NucksPatsFan

NucksPatsFan

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 9,809 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 10:43 PM

Merry Christmas NFL fans. Hoping to get some good Pats gear tomorrow through gifts.

Swap Byron Leftwich and Tom Brady's situations. Today Brady would be a UFA or on the Roughriders practice roster, Byron Leftwich would have 100 more wins than losses.

:picard:

"Spirituality, faith and democracy are the corner stones of our country. We are all Patriots. And tonight, the Patriots are World Champions." -Robert Kraft

#1370 Champions of Nothing

Champions of Nothing

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,961 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 11:11 PM

I wouldn't be surprised to see a Broncos- Seattle Super Bowl game. For those thinking the Seahawks will choke in the playoffs, this team is built for the playoffs. They arguably have the best defense in the league and the second best running back. Russel Wilson is a two way threat much like Newton. For those thinking I'm a homer, I'm a Patriots fan. I also hate Manning.

Arian Foster plays for the Seahawks now?

Posted ImagePosted Image
Sig by Ranyart. FEEL FREE TO USE EITHER!

VOTE FOR EDLER!

And might as well vote for Daniel, Henrik, Kesler, Luongo and..... I guess Aaron Rome?

#1371 Champions of Nothing

Champions of Nothing

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 30,961 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 11:13 PM

Brady's got more yards as well and more yards per attempt (though very miniscule difference). But I know what you mean. Let's hope Brady can tear up the Fins secondary and get those numbers up a little ;)

Also, WOW Seahawks. I hate the Seahawks, and have thought they've been over rated. But dominating this 49ers team just changed my mind.

Brady has less yards per attempt. 7.86 > 7.79.

Posted ImagePosted Image

VOTE FOR EDLER!

And might as well vote for Daniel, Henrik, Kesler, Luongo and..... I guess Aaron Rome?

#1372 Tearloch7

Tearloch7

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,357 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 11:21 PM

Canna stand either Manning .. when they win it is all their doing .. when they lose it is someone elses fault .. both good QB's but they fail in the "character" department IMO .. flame away

"To Thine Own Self Be True"

"Always tell the Truth. That way, you don’t have to remember what you said"  ~ Mark Twain ~

#1373 Champions of Nothing

Champions of Nothing

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 30,961 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 11:23 PM

Spoken like a true Pats fan... lol.

Truth is the Patriots have never won the SB without a top notch defence.

Posted ImagePosted Image

VOTE FOR EDLER!

#1374 Champions of Nothing

Champions of Nothing

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 30,961 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 11:23 PM

Canna stand either Manning .. when they win it is all their doing .. when they lose it is someone elses fault .. both good QB's but they fail in the "character" department IMO .. flame away

Has either of them said such a thing? Or are you basing it on what fans say?

Posted ImagePosted Image

VOTE FOR EDLER!

#1375 Tony Romo

Tony Romo

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 7,654 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 11:25 PM

Haha if Dallas gets In the playoffs then dallas will likey be playing seattle in the 1st round.
That complicates things for me! I'm starting to fall for the seahawks!

#1376 JollyJet

JollyJet

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 136 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 12:24 AM

Spoken like a true Pats fan... lol.

Truth is the Patriots have never won the SB without a top notch defence.

This fact isn't emphasized enough. And it really speaks to the QB Brady is, rather than the coach Bellchick is.

Brady really is a great QB, but you can't win a Superbowl without a pass-rush...which the Patriots actually finally seem to be re-developing with some additions [drafting Chandler Jones]. But Brady is, what 35 now? Instead of constantly trading down for more picks, Belichick should have been trading away picks for pass-rushers and a couple of secondary players. They might just have another Superbowl or two under their belt.

#1377 JollyJet

JollyJet

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 136 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 12:26 AM

Has either of them said such a thing? Or are you basing it on what fans say?

There's no evidence to back this statement up whatsoever. Eli and Peyton are both leaders.

#1378 Canucks_fo_life

Canucks_fo_life

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,563 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 01:35 AM

Kind of like you and the canucks eh?

Uuuuuh, except I've been a Canucks fan since I was 9 years old, have never given up on my team ever, wore my jersey to school during the dark era from 1997-2000 and didnt care that I got ridiculed, each win felt like the Stanley Cup to me, I'm the complete opposite of a bandwagoner, the Canucks are a big chunk of my life and also my immediate family, and will continue to be after we are gone. I do trash talk alot about the Canucks rivals, but I have a right to since I'm an actual fan that doesnt put the team down after a couple losses, to me the Canucks are the best team ever, countless amounts of merchandise and memorobilia, our whole downstairs is painted in Canucks home jersey colors where we watch the games, so don't be callin me a bandwagoner.
I rather lose with the Canucks, than win with any other team

This is OUR year

GO CANUCKS GOOOOOO!!!!!!!

#1379 pimpcurtly

pimpcurtly

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,366 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 11:42 AM

Woot!!! Got a bunch of NFL gear this year for Christmas(Packers and Seahawks)........and zero NHL merch. :)

Edited by pimpcurtly, 25 December 2012 - 11:42 AM.

Posted Image

#1380 vv2

vv2

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,398 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 03:31 PM

Got a Rice jersey is he good? lol
Posted Image
Credit to -Vintage Canuck-

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.