The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NFL thread

Tony Romo

I see a lot of hate for Browner on twitter.

You know what? I'm fine with him taking a penalty 1 time every 20 plays. Why? Because what he does on the 19 plays in between is something most corners in this league can't do. He's taken Julius Thomas out of this game thus far. Did Marshall and Jeffrey even play versus New England? Sure didn't seem like it, because Browner eliminated one of them.

Can someone please lay out TJ Ward? Like, just put your head down LaFell and truck him in the neck/chest and bury him 6 feet into the ground.

I see a lot of hate for Browner on twitter.

You know what? I'm fine with him taking a penalty 1 time every 20 plays. Why? Because what he does on the 19 plays in between is something most corners in this league can't do. He's taken Julius Thomas out of this game thus far. Did Marshall and Jeffrey even play versus New England? Sure didn't seem like it, because Browner eliminated one of them.

Can someone please lay out TJ Ward? Like, just put your head down LaFell and truck him in the neck/chest and bury him 6 feet into the ground.

You mean the knees. Go for his knees. Fricken tool, went low on Gronk again.

I can't figure out the 49ers... they are like the Bears offensively.

How can you have so many weapons at WR/TE/RB and a qb who can make all the throws necessary with a great arm and bomb so much on offence each week?

O-lines for both teams really that bad?

Maybe Jay Cutler and Kaepernick just aren't consistent enough?

Scene setter:

Dry, cold New England weather. Peyton Manning is sitting in the dull, plain away team locker room with both hands in his QB hand warmer. Through the thin walls, he hears the roar of Patriots fans as they cheer on all 3 time Super Bowl winners as the Patriots honor them at at half time.

Confused, Peyton turns to Wes Welker, who is seated in the stall next to his.

"Hey, Wes, it's possible to win more than 1 of those Super Bowl trophies?"

Upset, Welker stares into Peyton's eyes, with a single tear streaming down his right cheek.

"I, I, I don't know Peyton, the closest I've ever gotten to even 1 was when I dropped the potential game winning touchdown versus your brother."

Finally the Raiders catch a break after they drop an easy pick six.

Might as well get something, christ, Redzone refuses to show the 49ers game. The only time they did for 15 minutes was because both of the other games were at half.

Edited by Mr. Ambien

#Patriots are 58-0 all-time when leading by 20 or more points at halftime (regular season/postseason combined) (via @ESPNStatsInfo)

It's over. When Brady has a lead like this there is no coming back. Manning can run the score but Brady will counter. If it was the other way though, Brady can come back.