The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NFL thread

Tony Romo

Suggs will be out which will help.

IMO Raiders hiring Allen was a mistake, their previous staff wasn't bad enough to warrant a change. Teams got wet off Denver's defensive turnaround ( 32nd -22nd ), completely ignoring that they were still a bottom 10 unit and allowed an ungodly amount of points on a regular basis. 40+ more than any other team in the league. I think Del Rio is better, but I was praying they would take Mccoy instead, what a complete tool. The guy basically handed his playbook to the opposing teams last year, and now he somehow does the impossible in making a Peyton freaking Manning lead offense impotent for half of each game. Hopefully he pulls a McDaniels and rides Manning's coattails into a HC job next season.

Carson Palmer is a bum, not a bad Qb, just a complete bum. He's this years Kyle Orton. Looooser.

Von Miller is good at football.

Denver missing Kuper really showed, he ties that O-line together. The only guy Peyton is better at avoiding sacks than is Philip Rivers, that guys like the slowest human on earth. Kuper went down in week 16 last year and the O line was trash in the Playoffs vs NE, like a combo of this years Cardinals + Eagles 2nd stringers trash. Hopefully he's good to go soon.

Rahim Moore is much improved, still has gaffes, but soooo much better than last year.

Thomas is another big improvement, didnt think he would ever shake off the butterfingers, but he has. Going on a 6 or so game streak of legit play. Decker hasn't gotten any better. He's like a retarded Ed McCaffrey.

Edited by CanucksSayEh

Suggs will be out which will help.

IMO Raiders hiring Allen was a mistake, their previous staff wasn't bad enough to warrant a change. Teams got wet off Denver's defensive turnaround ( 32nd -22nd ), completely ignoring that they were still a bottom 10 unit and allowed an ungodly amount of points on a regular basis. 40+ more than any other team in the league. I think Del Rio is better, but I was praying they would take Mccoy instead, what a complete tool. The guy basically handed his playbook to the opposing teams last year, and now he somehow does the impossible in making a Peyton freaking Manning lead offense impotent for half of each game. Hopefully he pulls a McDaniels and rides Manning's coattails into a HC job next season.

Carson Palmer is a bum, not a bad Qb, just a complete bum. He's this years Kyle Orton. Looooser.

Von Miller is good at football.

Denver missing Kuper really showed, he ties that O-line together. The only guy Peyton is better at avoiding sacks than is Philip Rivers, that guys like the slowest human on earth. Kuper went down in week 16 last year and the O line was trash in the Playoffs vs NE, like a combo of this years Cardinals + Eagles 2nd stringers trash. Hopefully he's good to go soon.

Rahim Moore is much improved, still has gaffes, but soooo much better than last year.

Thomas is another big improvement, didnt think he would ever shake off the butterfingers, but he has. Going on a 6 or so game streak of legit play. Decker hasn't gotten any better. He's like a retarded Ed McCaffrey.

I agree 100% about Dennis Allen. The hire made no sense to me whatsoever.

Palmer is a bad Quarterback. But really, it's not his fault. The guy was literally on pace to become a top QB in this league and he got injuries that he never recovered him, namely his throwing ability and mobility.

As for Vick, honestly, I wouldn't mind him. If you can put an offensive line in front of him that can actually protect him, he's a good QB and has proven to be one.

chill@star-telegram.com

Dallas Cowboys defensive tackle Josh Price Brent was the driver in a fatal hit-and-run accident early Saturday morning that might have involved a teammate, according to three sources.

Brent was arrested for intoxication manslaughter at 4:30 a.m. and is currently in the Irving jail.

A spokesman for the Irving police department confirmed that a fatal accident occurred at the 1400 block of John Carpenter Freeway at 2:30 a.m. early Saturday morning.

They declined further comment until the family of the deceased was notified.

Brent's agent Peter Schaefer declined comment as did Cowboys vice president Stephen Jones.

Read more here: http://www.star-telegram.com/2012/12/08/4470307/cowboys-dt-brent-arrested-after.html#storylink=cpy

chill@star-telegram.com

Dallas Cowboys defensive tackle Josh Price Brent was the driver in a fatal hit-and-run accident early Saturday morning that might have involved a teammate, according to three sources.

Brent was arrested for intoxication manslaughter at 4:30 a.m. and is currently in the Irving jail.

A spokesman for the Irving police department confirmed that a fatal accident occurred at the 1400 block of John Carpenter Freeway at 2:30 a.m. early Saturday morning.

They declined further comment until the family of the deceased was notified.

Brent's agent Peter Schaefer declined comment as did Cowboys vice president Stephen Jones.

Read more here: http://www.star-tele...l#storylink=cpy

Teammate Jerry Brown who was on the Cowboys practice squad was the one killed in the accident

What a terrible first half in morning games for fantasy football reasons..sheesh.

Ya I got Newton, Peterson and Britt in this league. I'm happy. Although in my money league the guy I'm up against has Newton. I'm still projected to win 147-143 now

The only thing to look forward to is a new coach and a new philosophy. Going forward it looks like Foles will be the guy. Vick will be dumped.

Who will want Vick? At his age and his athleticism is not what it once was. He is injury prone and can't read defenses.

I only watched maybe one or two Eagles games but in one of them, Vick was constantly pressured throughout the entire game. I'm not sure he's at fault mainly because his o-line sucks and he can't settle into the pocket with all that pressure. I think the o-line needs to be looked at first and foremost because if you can't score on the offence with that kind of o-line, then what's the point of even playing the game.

I said during the start of the season the Cardinals were "smoke and mirrors" when they went 4-0. Seahawks are proving it.

True but I don't remember in my lifetime seeing a team destroy another team like this, I think this team can do damage during the playoffs, especially if they get a home playoff game

Edit: stupid iPhone autocorrect

Edited by KelownaCanucksFan
  • Upvote 1

True but I don't remember in my lifetime seeing a team destroy another team like this, I think this team can do damage during the playoffs, especially if they get a home playoff game

You don't remember from just a couple years ago when the Patriots spanked the Titans 59-0?

You don't remember from just a couple years ago when the Patriots spanked the Titans 59-0?

I remember that :(.

In fact I was at the Seahawks game when that happened. Seahawks actually lost to the Cardinals that day too.

I actually wore my Titans jersey to that game too. My friends were letting me have it whenever the score would come up on the scoreboard.

I remember that :(.

In fact I was at the Seahawks game when that happened. Seahawks actually lost to the Cardinals that day too.

I actually wore my Titans jersey to that game too. My friends were letting me have it whenever the score would come up on the scoreboard.

Those are some eery coincidences lol

Saints destroyed Indy 62-7 last year. Not a shutout but still destroyed em.

Edited by Madness