The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NFL thread

Tony Romo

Buddy apparently you know nothing about football. Have you watched a Pats game all year? They’re easily the best team in football and it’s not close right now. Green Bay barely beat Minnesota. We’ll see about that next week. You’re going to look like a fool x2.

LOL ripping me on a typo. YOUR CHIRP GAME’S WEAK BRO.

Green bay barely beat Minnesota AT Minnesota... Last 2 home games 50+ points and 30+ points in most of them.

I'd like to think I know a bit about football. I did pick Giants over the pats in 2 superbowls as the underdogs... lol

Buddy apparently you know nothing about football. Have you watched a Pats game all year? They’re easily the best team in football and it’s not close right now. Green Bay barely beat Minnesota. We’ll see about that next week. You’re going to look like a fool x2.

LOL ripping me on a typo. YOUR CHIRP GAME’S WEAK BRO.

Currently the Patriots are the hottest team in football but all teams match up differently and divisional games even against bad teams can be trap games. If you are going to rip the Packers for almost losing to the division rival Vikings you should also rip the Patriots for almost losing to an even worse division rival Jets during this streak they are on.

The game is also in Green Bay where the Packers are undefeated at 5-0. The lowest they have scored at home is 31 points in week 2. In the other 4 games they scored 38, 42, 55, and 53. And to top it off only one game was a 7 point win. A 21 point win was the next smallest margin of victory. On the reverse side New England is 3-2 on the road.

And the unknown factor is Aaron Rodgers himself. Despite how long he has been in the NFL and while the Patriots have plenty of tape on him they have never played a real game against Rodgers. The only time in his career the Pats saw Rodgers play was in 2006 when Brett Favre was the starter and in a blowout game Rodgers got a few garbage time plays in. In other words it's hard to say how the Patriots will contain him.

TLDR. The Patriots should be considered the best overall team in the NFL at the moment but I wouldn't get cocky about overlooking Green Bay. The comfort zone is tipped in Green Bay's favor for this game.

Currently the Patriots are the hottest team in football but all teams match up differently and divisional games even against bad teams can be trap games. If you are going to rip the Packers for almost losing to the division rival Vikings you should also rip the Patriots for almost losing to an even worse division rival Jets during this streak they are on.

The game is also in Green Bay where the Packers are undefeated at 5-0. The lowest they have scored at home is 31 points in week 2. In the other 4 games they scored 38, 42, 55, and 53. And to top it off only one game was a 7 point win. A 21 point win was the next smallest margin of victory. On the reverse side New England is 3-2 on the road.

And the unknown factor is Aaron Rodgers himself. Despite how long he has been in the NFL and while the Patriots have plenty of tape on him they have never played a real game against Rodgers. The only time in his career the Pats saw Rodgers play was in 2006 when Brett Favre was the starter and in a blowout game Rodgers got a few garbage time plays in. In other words it's hard to say how the Patriots will contain him.

TLDR. The Patriots should be considered the best overall team in the NFL at the moment but I wouldn't get cocky about overlooking Green Bay. The comfort zone is tipped in Green Bay's favor for this game.

Otherwise known as ANY GIVEN SUNDAY!

You lost me at Aaron Rodgers being an unknown factor

I wish the Packers luck

Edited by The Magician

Yes, it was pretty funny. Marshawn Lynch being fined 100k for a regular season media infraction is very excessive.

Two games in 5 days isn't good for the players.

However....................

The problem with the point about their endorsement deals is that in the CBA, the players have mandated that they get a large slice of the advertising revenue (45%) that the league pulls in. I'm with the league when it comes to the endorsement issue.

Hhahaah that's just awesome. What they're saying is true and I feel bad for the players who can't endorse the products that they've signed onto just because the NFL doesn't have them as their sponsors.

If that's the case, the players shouldn't take a huge piece of the league's advertising revenue. With the exception of 90 minutes before a game and 90 minutes after a game, they can endorse their personally contracted products all that they want, anywhere that they want.

The only legitimate endorsement beef that they have with the league is their point about alcohol endorsements. In that respect, the league is very hypocritical.

What was the potential winnings?

Usually they are a few thousand. Sometimes more if there were big upsets and less winners.

This one was under a thousand because there was a lack of big upsets. Still sucks that my favourite team was the only one wrong.

Edited by Madness