The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NFL thread

Tony Romo

You trying to ruin your mood?

Lol. This season has actually been pretty funny as opposed to last seaon. This season feels a lot like their prime seasons (1-4). I don't have high standards for TV shows and movies. I thought Ted was funny because it was what I expected, a "stupid" comedy with a lot of sexual innuendos, yet I know a ton of people who hate that movie. I watch things for their entertainment, not for their script writing and acting.

I guess the haters are now going to say that the Pats play in a weak conference, not just division now.

If they beat the Niners on Sunday, will the haters say "The Pats have an easy schedule, they play in the NFL"...

Sad...being a Pats fan is no different than being a Canucks fan - haters everywhere...

• Upvote 1

I guess the haters are now going to say that the Pats play in a weak conference, not just division now.

If they beat the Niners on Sunday, will the haters say "The Pats have an easy schedule, they play in the NFL"...

Sad...being a Pats fan is no different than being a Canucks fan - haters everywhere...

At least you don't get called a bandwagoner at least once a day. From the day I started posting in the original NFL thread to a few months after the first loss to the Giants in the super bowl, man I was torched on here for being a "bandwagoner," despite that I'm an american born citizen from the east coast. Sigh, glad that passed. Majority of the posters from then don't even post anymore.

• Upvote 1

At least you don't get called a bandwagoner at least once a day. From the day I started posting in the original NFL thread to a few months after the first loss to the Giants in the super bowl, man I was torched on here for being a "bandwagoner," despite that I'm an american born citizen from the east coast. Sigh, glad that passed. Majority of the posters from then don't even post anymore.

Same here. I get torched on every time someone asks me when I was a Pats fan. I say that ever since I was like six or seven, I didn't watch football but for some reason, the Patriots stood out to me. That was before Tom Brady was even drafted, like 97 or 98... I didn't even start legitly watch football until 2001 when Brady was the starter yet ppl say that I'm a bandwagoner.

• Upvote 1

edit: book your tickets to louisiana pats fans ;)

I will be a six hour drive away from the Superdome the day of the Super Bowl. Where? In HOUSTON! I come back from a Caribbean cruise the day of the SB, so the family and I have decided to stay an extra night to watch it.

If they make it.... a big IF... I just might have to drive there by myself. And slurge like a mofo.

Also, I've given up trying to justify not being a bandwagoner. (fan since '84)..... :D

God, are Pats fans always this annoying?

You always seem to have some obsession with being "the victims" for some reason. Yeah, we get it. You won and overcame the hate of the entire world in doing so. Congrats. You have a good team. Now cheer for them instead of claiming some bigger victory.

Edited by Scottish⑦Canuck
  • Upvote 1

If I were a Pats fan I would be worried about my defense come playoff time .. that is all .. they seem to be playing over their heads right now .. anyone but a Manning winning the Superbowl is fine by me .. Brady looks focused and I would not count them out, especially if all his receivers are healthy ..

Edited by Tearloch7

If I were a Pats fan I would be worried about my defense come playoff time .. that is all .. they seem to be playing over their heads right now .. anyone but a Manning winning the Superbowl is fine by me .. Brady looks focused and I would not count them out, especially if all his receivers are healthy ..

I say they have a bigger test this coming weekend anyways.

I say they have a bigger test this coming weekend anyways.

Watch their defense .. if they can adapt. then it bodes well for them .. Brady could be in for a pounding with at least two turnovers .. Pats defense must contain Gore which means one-on-one coverage in the defensive backfield .. I am sure SF will have studied film of last nights game and will test them deep often .. should be fun .. I love this time of the year, even without Canuck hockey ..

Edited by Tearloch7

Watch their defense .. if they can adapt. then it bodes well for them .. Brady could be in for a pounding with at least two turnovers .. Pats defense must contain Gore which means one-on-one coverage in the defensive backfield .. I am sure SF will have studied film of last nights game and will test them deep often .. should be fun .. I love this time of the year, even without Canuck hockey ..

49ers also have the second best pass defense in the league. Houston is somewhere in the middle of the pack.

Not saying SF will win. I just expect a closer game.

Gee...people complaining about us Pats fans and all I see is excuses..."Houston is in the middle of the pack"...etc...etc...

So let me get this straight, The Niners are a better team than Houston? So...the record doesn't mean a thing?

Houston 11-2 and Niners 9-3-1. Pats are 10-3, so...are they better or worse?

To be honest, it doesn't really matter.

I'm looking forward to the Niners game - one of them will win - I hope it's the Pats.

As some of you have said, cheer for your team and don't worry about the others.

Go Pats Go!

The reason you and many others get called bandwagoners is because the Patriots are a bandwagoners paradise. Every year there are new "Patriots fans" that do not shut up about how great there team is. Majority of fans, especially in BC I find came after 01 yet they talk about how they are die hards and crap.

Last night 5 of my friends were trolling me because the Patriots won a regular season game. Any time they win all of us have to hear about it and frankly it gets super annoying super quick. Frankly, that was an impressive win but the fact that Patriots fans feel the need to exaggerate it like it was some Super Bowl win is pretty dumb. And no, this is not a thing with only my friends. I see it on other forums as well and in a keeper league I am in for hockey. Heck, I even see it here. Many Patriots "fans" will label it as being passionate but there is being passionate and then there is being stupid especially from a team that is full of bandwagoners. It is crap like this that makes many people such as myself take so much pleasure in the Patriots tradition to lose every January or February since 2004

Edited by canuckbeliever

Sounds like someone is insecure :lol:

You need to learn to read. I said Houston is middle of the pack for pass defense. :rolleyes:

Oh Shifty .. stop it now .. you are being "heretical" if you do not fall to your knees in un-avowed worship of all things "Patriot" .. Brady is a great QB .. Bellichek is a great coach, but a turd .. and lest we forget .. all Bruins fans are Pat's fans .. a sobering thought .. :rolleyes:

• Upvote 1

The reason you and many others get called bandwagoners is because the Patriots are a bandwagoners paradise. Every year there are new "Patriots fans" that do not shut up about how great there team is. Majority of fans, especially in BC I find came after 01 yet they talk about how they are die hards and crap.

Last night 5 of my friends were trolling me because the Patriots won a regular season game. Any time they win all of us have to hear about it and frankly it gets super annoying super quick. Frankly, that was an impressive win but the fact that Patriots fans feel the need to exaggerate it like it was some Super Bowl win is pretty dumb. And no, this is not a thing with only my friends. I see it on other forums as well and in a keeper league I am in for hockey. Heck, I even see it here. Many Patriots "fans" will label it as being passionate but there is being passionate and then there is being stupid especially from a team that is full of bandwagoners. It is crap like this that makes many people such as myself take so much pleasure in the Patriots tradition to lose every January or February since 2004

I was referring back to like 2005 or whenever I started posting here so yeaaaa.....

but I know what you mean. I don't understand why there's new Patriots "supporters" every year, they haven't won in 8 years. Why aren't there more and more Giants fans, or Packers fans, or Steelers fans? Posters on here always say how their friends are pats fans and everything etc etc. I don't know of any other Pats fans in my group of friends besides 2 others, and they're older than me and have been fans since 96 I believe. Everyone else hates the patriots. If the Patriots blowout a team but Brady makes one mistake, my timeline is full of meme's and statuses making fun of him. You should introduce your friends to me. It'd be nice to have someone to talk about them, even if your friends wouldn't know who started at QB in 08.

edit: yay for making it into the consolation playoffs in our pool lol :sadno:

Edited by NucksPatsFan

Sounds like someone is insecure :lol:

You need to learn to read. I said Houston is middle of the pack for pass defense. :rolleyes:

You need to understand what I said. That every time the Pats win, haters come up with an excuse that they did so because of this or that...

Yes, that's what I was referring to, that haters say "Oh anyone can throw 4 td's" against a middle of the road (or poor) defense - wait until they face a real one....etc...etc..etc...

Are you sure you're not a closet Flamez fan? (sorry, low blow!) :)

You need to understand what I said. That every time the Pats win, haters come up with an excuse that they did so because of this or that...

Yes, that's what I was referring to, that haters say "Oh anyone can throw 4 td's" against a middle of the road (or poor) defense - wait until they face a real one....etc...etc..etc...

Are you sure you're not a closet Flamez fan? (sorry, low blow!) :)

I havnt seen any coments calling Houston a poor defense from non patriots fans..?