The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NFL thread

Tony Romo

Tough game, but as posted above more needed to be done. What I was told growing up while playing sports that a bad call against you, even in a crucial moment, just means you should have made a play earlier. Lions offense didn't do much after the first quarter.

Now here comes 2 months of speculation on Suh. I really hope the Lions are able to resign him. Definitely the most impactful player the Lions have, just completely changes what the offense wants to do.

Please man. I really don’t like Suh or Raiola but any unbiased common sense NFL fan could see that game was rigged.

So you think picking up a legit flag and making the wrong call instead is acceptable?

It was a bad call. Doesn't mean the game was rigged though. I mean, the Cowboys were penalized for more yards in the game than the Lions were.

The Lions lost because their offence did squat after the 1st and they had trouble holding on to the ball.

FWIW I wanted the Lions to win. Watching Tony Romo crumble under pressure is a vice of mine.

But he and the Cowboys played better than the Lions did and they deserved to win that game.

Edited by Jägermeister
  • Upvote 1

Dez Bryant ran onto the field to argue the call without a helmet. That's a penalty, should/would of been automatic 1st down. Damn that's harsh.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/01/04/cowboys-avoided-another-penalty-on-disputed-play/

Another botched call in the fourth was the defensive holding on Levy based on my understanding of the rule. Levy took down the Cowboys running back at the LOS which yes should normally be a penalty, but based on the fact it was a play action just before that doesn't it put the running back in play? Just something I thought was a rule, but I'm not totally sure on.

I don't know, I thought the Cowboys had some bad calls/non calls go against them in the first half so I was not too worked up over the non call on the pi. It was obviously a more important time in the game so I get all the outrage. That being said the cowboys fans are going to be insufferable on nfl.com this week so I was kind of hoping for a Lions win. Congrats Tony Romo (cdc version), you seem like a good guy so enjoy the win and good luck against the pack next week.

He's a she :P

What's impressive about Detroit is if they can re-sign Suh, add a legitimate running back or DB through the draft, and then sign either a RB or DB [whichever doesn't come from the draft] through free agency, they'll be right back here next year and end their 23 year playoff winless drought.

Ihedihbo should not be starting at safety for you, there's a reason we cut him, he couldn't cover Vince Wilfork. He was also the one beat on Williams' long TD catch and run.

Bell is a fantastic 2nd RB, but he isn't the threat that a #1 RB should be. Bush, imo, is over rated now and should be cut/traded.

With a good 1-2 punch at RB to compliment Stafford/CJ/Tate, the same front 7, a better cover safety to play along side and compliment Glover Quinn, with Mathis and Slay at CB [though I think Mathis could be upgraded upon, and with him being up there in age move him to nickel], the Lions could be serious contenders next year.

Edited by NucksPatsFan

What's impressive about Detroit is if they can re-sign Suh, add a legitimate running back or DB through the draft, and then sign either a RB or DB [whichever doesn't come from the draft] through free agency, they'll be right back here next year and end their 23 year playoff winless drought.

Ihedihbo should not be starting at safety for you, there's a reason we cut him, he couldn't cover Vince Wilfork. He was also the one beat on Williams' long TD catch and run.

Bell is a fantastic 2nd RB, but he isn't the threat that a #1 RB should be. Bush, imo, is over rated now and should be cut/traded.

With a good 1-2 punch at RB to compliment Stafford/CJ/Tate, the same front 7, a better cover safety to play along side and compliment Glover Quinn, with Mathis and Slay at CB [though I think Mathis could be upgraded upon, and with him being up there in age move him to nickel], the Lions could be serious contenders next year.

Offensive Line is the more serious need. Need to replace Rob Sims at LG and it would be nice to get an upgrade at RT. I would like Melvin Gordon if available though

Offensive Line is the more serious need. Need to replace Rob Sims at LG and it would be nice to get an upgrade at RT. I would like Melvin Gordon if available though

I thought for the most part they gave Stafford adequate time, but they did seem to open up very little holes for Bell/Bush to run through.