7030 replies to this topic

#1771 JollyJet

JollyJet

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 136 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 01:22 AM

How can a team with 0 championships and only 1 trip to the championship game in its existence have haters? I think we all just mutually dislike them, much like how a lot of people that live in the Vancouver area specifically dislike the Canucks just because they're the home team.

That's a pretty illogical statement. Championships don't define whether or not a team is hated. The Packers are the most successful NFL team in history, yet I don't think they're even close to the upper tier in terms of teams that are hated.

Conversely, look at my team...the Jets, they haven't won a Superbowl since the 60s, yet were voted the most disliked team this year.

Honestly, there can be a legitimate argument to hate any NFL team in the league and it's borderline stupid to argue about it. It's a game, let's watch and enjoy. We can debate about stats, players, coaches etc. But to argue about what teams are hated and why? Kind of ridiculous.

#1772 Champions of Nothing

Champions of Nothing

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,961 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 01:30 AM

Honestly, there can be a legitimate argument to hate any NFL team in the league and it's borderline stupid to argue about it. It's a game, let's watch and enjoy. We can debate about stats, players, coaches etc. But to argue about what teams are hated and why? Kind of ridiculous.

Easy for you to say. EVERYONE hates your team. :P

Posted ImagePosted Image
Sig by Ranyart. FEEL FREE TO USE EITHER!

VOTE FOR EDLER!

And might as well vote for Daniel, Henrik, Kesler, Luongo and..... I guess Aaron Rome?

#1773 Nevlach

Nevlach

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,020 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 10:14 AM

That's a pretty illogical statement. Championships don't define whether or not a team is hated. The Packers are the most successful NFL team in history, yet I don't think they're even close to the upper tier in terms of teams that are hated.

Conversely, look at my team...the Jets, they haven't won a Superbowl since the 60s, yet were voted the most disliked team this year.

Probably cuz Teebow was on the team
Posted Image
Posted Image

#1774 canuckbeliever

canuckbeliever

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,900 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 10:33 AM

Everyone is overrated except my team and it's players!!!

You are a Rams fan so that is absolutely wrong

#1775 Tearloch7

Tearloch7

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,478 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 10:34 AM

Probably cuz Teebow was on the team

Or possibly that their Coach is a self-aggrandizing bag of hot sputum and their most famous player is a drunken, lecherous cretin? ..

"To Thine Own Self Be True"

"Always tell the Truth. That way, you don’t have to remember what you said"  ~ Mark Twain ~

#1776 Bitter Melon

Bitter Melon

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,902 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 02:27 PM

I grew up watching the Seahawks, they were always my dad's favourite team,and aside from the superbowl run in '05, they never amounted to anything.

Now that they're having success, it seems like everyone hates them. It only makes me like them more, because there is another team in the Pacific Northwest that I love but seems to be despised elsewhere.
"Suck it Phaneuf" -Scott Hartnell
The poster formerly known as "CAPSLOCK"
Posted Image

#1777 Canucks_fo_life

Canucks_fo_life

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,571 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 02:33 PM

Seahawks would have no chance if RG3 was healthy, still almost beat em with one leg. I dare Seattle to spot Atlanta a 14-0 lead, cause theres no way theyll be coming back against that team.

GO RAVENS!!!!!!!!!1
I rather lose with the Canucks, than win with any other team

This is OUR year

GO CANUCKS GOOOOOO!!!!!!!

#1778 Champions of Nothing

Champions of Nothing

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 30,961 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 02:34 PM

I grew up watching the Seahawks, they were always my dad's favourite team,and aside from the superbowl run in '05, they never amounted to anything.

Now that they're having success, it seems like everyone hates them. It only makes me like them more, because there is another team in the Pacific Northwest that I love but seems to be despised elsewhere.

That is actually the complete opposite of what I've experienced.

Posted ImagePosted Image

VOTE FOR EDLER!

And might as well vote for Daniel, Henrik, Kesler, Luongo and..... I guess Aaron Rome?

#1779 Champions of Nothing

Champions of Nothing

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 30,961 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 02:34 PM

You are a Rams fan so that is absolutely wrong

*whoosh*

Posted ImagePosted Image

VOTE FOR EDLER!

#1780 Markus Alexander Cody

Markus Alexander Cody

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,640 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 02:57 PM

Can't wait for this Sunday!! Hoping for a Patriots win against the Texans and I'm excited to watch the 49ers/Packers game as well as the Broncos/Ravens game

Posted Image

credit to allons-y

Certainly going to be our #1 defensemen. Give him a couple more years to improve his game and he'll be our new and improved version of Matthias Ohlund in no time

Posted Image

^Truth

#1781 pimpcurtly

pimpcurtly

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,368 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 04:01 PM

I've been seeing a lot more hate this season than I have seen in previous years. But I love it!! That's what sports is all about. Keep on hatin( or should I say "mutual disliking"...hey nuckpats?? ;) )

And yah blah blah, if only RG3 was healthy...well he wasnt healthy and it was very risky keeping him in(even though I know RG3 was adament he wasn't "injured"). Get over it peeps!! On to Atlanta!!
Posted Image

#1782 JoeyJoeJoeJr. Shabadoo

JoeyJoeJoeJr. Shabadoo

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,574 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 07:17 PM

Seahawks would have no chance if RG3 was healthy, still almost beat em with one leg. I dare Seattle to spot Atlanta a 14-0 lead, cause theres no way theyll be coming back against that team.

GO RAVENS!!!!!!!!!1

"Can you win the game in the first quarter?"
Posted Image

#1783 gmen81

gmen81

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 13,789 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 07:24 PM

Last
Posted Image

#1784 JollyJet

JollyJet

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 136 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 07:43 PM

Or possibly that their Coach is a self-aggrandizing bag of hot sputum and their most famous player is a drunken, lecherous cretin? ..

What does Namath's personal problems have to do with anything? Ray Lewis was charged with murder.

Also: Rex Ryan says the Jets will go to the Superbowl, they get as far as the AFC Championship Game twice and everyone calls him an arrogant prick.

Adrian Peterson says he'll beat Eric Dickerson's record, doesn't, and then tells him to 'watch out' next year. Is he arrogant too?

I don't understand why having high expectations and goals is such a bad thing.

Edited by JollyJet, 07 January 2013 - 07:46 PM.

#1785 Tearloch7

Tearloch7

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,478 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 07:49 PM

Bordering on probably one of the dumbest and most ignorant comments I've ever seen.

Admitting one is a Jets, and Rex Ryan, fan is one of the dumbest and most ignorant comments I've ever seen ..

No comment on Willie Joe? .. a man to do his Mother proud? ..

And I think Rex IS an arrogant prick .. but that's just how it is with opinions .. they are like rectums .. everyone has at least one ..

"Always tell the Truth. That way, you don’t have to remember what you said"  ~ Mark Twain ~

#1786 JollyJet

JollyJet

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 136 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 07:55 PM

Admitting one is a Jets, and Rex Ryan, fan is one of the dumbest and most ignorant comments I've ever seen ..

No comment on Willie Joe? .. a man to do his Mother proud? ..

And I think Rex IS an arrogant prick .. but that's just how it is with opinions .. they are like rectums .. everyone has at least one ..

I actually misread your initial post, I thought you said all [Jets] fans are "drunken, lecherous cretin"

I don't know why I read it like that, but edited it accordingly.

Sorry for being a Jets fan my entire life, not about to switch my loyalties due to subpar play.

Edited by JollyJet, 07 January 2013 - 07:56 PM.

#1787 Tearloch7

Tearloch7

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,478 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 08:23 PM

I actually misread your initial post, I thought you said all [Jets] fans are "drunken, lecherous cretin"

I don't know why I read it like that, but edited it accordingly.

Sorry for being a Jets fan my entire life, not about to switch my loyalties due to subpar play.

Then I admire you for your long suffering .. I have been a Vikings fan since the mid-sixties so I know of your pain .. oh, and BTW, maybe staying "drunk and lecherous" would help you get past recent Jet failures? .. B)

#1788 Bitter Melon

Bitter Melon

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,902 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 09:10 PM

Ever since the Packers game it seems like everywhere you look (online at least) someone has it in for the Seahawks.
"Suck it Phaneuf" -Scott Hartnell
The poster formerly known as "CAPSLOCK"
Posted Image

#1789 JollyJet

JollyJet

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 136 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 09:20 PM

Then I admire you for your long suffering .. I have been a Vikings fan since the mid-sixties so I know of your pain .. oh, and BTW, maybe staying "drunk and lecherous" would help you get past recent Jet failures? .. B)

Beer did help on Sundays this year, although the previous 3 years weren't too bad.

I blame the failures on the GM (now gone) for his inability to give Rex a good offense. He hasn't surrounded Sanchez with adequete talent. He's allowed the O-Line to considerably deteriorate since 2009.

I think Rex is a really good coach, proven by his ability to get the best out of a pretty lackluster roster. The team has no depth.

#1790 canuckbeliever

canuckbeliever

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,900 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 09:30 AM

Found the following hilarious. The Cowboys posted this on on there twitter

Similarly in the category of nobody-cares…the NHL is back!"

It has been taken down at this point but the Stars responded with the following

At least our #9 got the job done..... RT:" @DallasCowboys Similarly in the category of nobody-cares…the NHL is back!"

With a picture of modano at the bottom

#1791 Champions of Nothing

Champions of Nothing

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 30,961 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 02:12 PM

Found the following hilarious. The Cowboys posted this on on there twitter

It has been taken down at this point but the Stars responded with the following

With a picture of modano at the bottom

Well done by the Stars organization. What a stupid thing for the Cowboys to say. Pro teams in a city should support each other, not tear each other down.

Another reason to not like the Cowboys I guess.

Posted ImagePosted Image

VOTE FOR EDLER!

#1792 Tony Romo

Tony Romo

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,682 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 04:52 PM

Well done by the Stars organization. What a stupid thing for the Cowboys to say. Pro teams in a city should support each other, not tear each other down.

Another reason to not like the Cowboys I guess.

God I don't understand stupid dallas. Seattle would never do that.
Posted Image Posted Image

Thanks to Raoul Duke for the Russell Wilson sig.

#1793 Tony Romo

Tony Romo

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 7,682 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 05:39 PM

Wow rob Ryan fired

#1794 Chip Kelly

Chip Kelly

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,346 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 05:52 PM

Wow rob Ryan fired

Guess what's next is a new play caller. The return of Norvell perhaps?

I bet Rob joins Rex as the new Jets DC because they have an opening.

That will be entertaining to watch two Ryan brothers on the same sideline if it happens.

fyo3s9.jpg

Credit to Mr.DirtyDangles for the find and Twilight Sparkle for making a sick siggy!

#1795 Tony Romo

Tony Romo

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 7,682 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 06:00 PM

I think it's unfair for rob to be fired. I have been very critical of him before this season. But the 4 games when the defense was healthy this year the d played amazing. He did a pretty good job keeping the defense from a disaster with almost every starter on the ir

#1796 Tearloch7

Tearloch7

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,478 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 06:10 PM

I think it's unfair for rob to be fired. I have been very critical of him before this season. But the 4 games when the defense was healthy this year the d played amazing. He did a pretty good job keeping the defense from a disaster with almost every starter on the ir

Totally agree .. I just think Rob's personality is too much for Jerry Jones to handle .. Jerry's ego must have got bruised .. sacrificial lamb ..

#1797 Garrison

Garrison

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 851 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 06:18 PM

GO RAVENS!!!!!!!!!1

What was the Redskins record when RG3 was healthy? Not very good. I doubt they would have won.

#1798 JollyJet

JollyJet

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 136 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 06:27 PM

Guess what's next is a new play caller. The return of Norvell perhaps?

I bet Rob joins Rex as the new Jets DC because they have an opening.

That will be entertaining to watch two Ryan brothers on the same sideline if it happens.

Doubtful, most think Dennis Thurman will be promoted. (Current DB Coach). And I'd prefer it, he's done a tremendous job with the secondary.

Plus, doesn't make sense for Rob's career to go under Rex.

Stupid move by the Cowboys though, Rob did great with the talent he had. Garrett, on the other hand, has not done great with the talent he's had.

#1799 Tony Romo

Tony Romo

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 7,682 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 06:47 PM

Doubtful, most think Dennis Thurman will be promoted. (Current DB Coach). And I'd prefer it, he's done a tremendous job with the secondary.

Plus, doesn't make sense for Rob's career to go under Rex.

Stupid move by the Cowboys though, Rob did great with the talent he had. Garrett, on the other hand, has not done great with the talent he's had.

They both shouldn't be fired and Jerry jones needs to go!! And hopefully that stadium can go too and we can get a new one that's more about football than entertainment..never going to happen!

Edited by Tony Romo, 08 January 2013 - 06:48 PM.

#1800 Champions of Nothing

Champions of Nothing

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 30,961 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 07:01 PM

Tony Romo's transition from a Cowboys fan to a Seahawks fan is almost complete... lol.

Posted ImagePosted Image

VOTE FOR EDLER!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.