The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NFL thread

Tony Romo

Coming into today Brady had a combined 34 touchdowns and 6 interceptions. Manning came in with 31 combined touchdowns and 10 interceptions. After today Brady has a combined 36 touchdowns and 8 interceptions and it looks like Manning will come out of today with a combined 34 touchdowns and 11 interceptions. Assuming Brady has 2 more TD's next week, Manning will need a 4 touchdown game next week (unless he throws more today) to tie Brady for total touchdowns. And I doubt Brady will throw 3 INTs tomorrow. So actually, it looks like Brady will have more TDs and less INTs.

Either way, no one knows how the panel of 50 will vote so guess we'll just wait.

Including rushing TD's for a non-running QB into TD totals is pretty hilarious. He has 32 total rushing yards all season. I've never actually see someone use the "total TD" stat for a QB who wasn't an actual rushing threat. Guess what? Peyton Manning has more career rushing TD's, lol.

At least you can acknowledge when you are being a homer.

• Upvote 1

How isn't Dallas eliminated??

Because Jerry Jones has spent his oil money on a big golden horseshoe which he shoves up his a** for good luck. I find it bewildering that the Cowboys choke every year yet they re always in the thick of things to make the playoffs. Personal hunch, Romo beats Griffin next week and Cowboys makes it. The week after they get there butts wooped by Seahawks or 49ers.

Brady is Brady. He's doing what he's always done for the most part. Peyton came back in a big way, and he really is doing amazing things for Denver. Between the two of them, considering what Denver has been doing thanks more or less all to Peyton, as far as importance to the team I'd have to go with Peyton. AP has been huge too though. I'd just go with how either AP or Peyton do to finish up the season.

Peyton is killing in his game right now though and is 339 yards with 30/39. Got an int though. So.. whoever was saying "unless Manning has two spectacular 300+ yard games.." Well, looks like he's having a mosnter already, so that's half done.

It is going to be AP or Manning for MVP due to the injuries they have come back from. I think it will be AP because he has a crappier team and he is basically the only reason that team is close to making playoffs.

I never noticed this before until the past few weeks. What's with the lack of pads in the NFL now? There used to be shoulder, elbow pads, then your pants had thigh pads. A lot of the players don't seem to have thigh pads, (Unless there's some weird new pads built into the pants that are perfectly flat)

Is this for speed? For example Rogers has thigh pads, but his receivers don't. I'm not sure this is smart, along with the slimmer shoulder pads. Maybe I'm just old school but I'm concerned for the players.

I never noticed this before until the past few weeks. What's with the lack of pads in the NFL now? There used to be shoulder, elbow pads, then your pants had thigh pads. A lot of the players don't seem to have thigh pads, (Unless there's some weird new pads built into the pants that are perfectly flat)

Is this for speed? For example Rogers has thigh pads, but his receivers don't. I'm not sure this is smart, along with the slimmer shoulder pads. Maybe I'm just old school but I'm concerned for the players.

Player safety is almost nil in the NFL now.