The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NFL thread

Tony Romo

So a team getting hot like the Giants last year means nothing?

Yeah I thought the trend has been that teams heating up at the right time are the ones that win the Lombardi Trophy. If that's not the case, then why don't the Pats win every year?

I can't remember there being so many Seahawks fans on here when they weren't doing so well...

I think it has a bit to do with the fact that there is no NHL this year, and yes, the fact that they are doing well. Everyone wants to talk about a team when they are doing well, which is why NO ONE is talking about Jacksonville or Miami or Arizona...etc.

• Upvote 1

Man it's kind of ironic. Brady and Pats homers doing the whole "Brady plays on a horrible team and carries them." He did that for like a couple years tops. But uh.. Peyton did that the entire damn time he was with the Colts. They blew pretty bad for a lot of those years. And were certainly far worse than the Pats were during the whole 'cheating era'.

Then again I've never liked Brady because of his attitude sometimes and then the whole cheating thing. If the Pats would've won one or two championships after that whole thing came out, I probably would of let them off the hook, but the fact they haven't done anything and look horrible since on top of them losing to a Manning of all things twice is like poetic justice for me.

I just don't think Brady fans should use the whole "Peyton plays for a better team!" argument. Mostly because it would completely discredit Brady and glorify Peyton for all the years the situations were reversed.

I agree - and I don't think Peyton fans should use the whole "Brady plays for a better team" argument, nor the "Pats got caught cheating" wow - once...every team did it/does it...Pats caught caught...paid for it...they don't need to keep on paying for it...

Both are outstanding QB's.

I can't remember there being so many Seahawks fans on here when they weren't doing so well...

Same. Only reason I've started liking the Seahawks since their Superbowl run was because they were so close to Vancouver. I'm not a huge fan but I like rooting for teams close to Vancouver within the big four leagues.

I bet Comeback Player of the year will be AP and MVP will be Peyton as it pains me to say. Brady should be MVP year in year out but always gets denied. Whatever, we still have the best QB in the history of the NFL so nothing to say about that. Just can't wait for the playoffs and see the Texans lose to the Colts next week!

I bet Comeback Player of the year will be AP and MVP will be Peyton as it pains me to say. Brady should be MVP year in year out but always gets denied. Whatever, we still have the best QB in the history of the NFL so nothing to say about that. Just can't wait for the playoffs and see the Texans lose to the Colts next week!

Peyton is the best QB of all time. Just doing what he has with the Broncos, likely leadin them to a 13-3 record, just goes to show how he is the best.

• Upvote 1

Peyton is the best QB of all time. Just doing what he has with the Broncos, likely leadin them to a 13-3 record, just goes to show how he is the best.

Not the best of all time. Top 5? Sure. But not the best. When you compare to the likes of Joe Montana, Jon Elway, Johnny Unitas and other greats, he is not the best.

• Upvote 1

UHHH Marino, Montana, Young, Farve , Elway, Brady, Bradshaw, Tarkenton, Moon thay all say hi :) Payton is definately in that list but not on top. The guy is unreal and still has it. Pretty impressed at his season with Denver. Did not expect such a quick return to his all star form.

• Upvote 1

:picard: :picard:

Tebow took the same Broncos team into the playoffs. Peyton is unbelievable, but he is nowhere near the best.

Edited by TheEhrhoffEffect

I'm a Patriots fan and I disagree. Joe Cool is still the greatest of all-time.

:picard: :picard:

Tebow took the same Broncos team into the playoffs. Peyton is unbelievable, but he is nowhere near the best.

Tebow did not take the team to the playoffs. The defence did. Also if we want to play this terrible logic game which is again very terrible, Matt Cassel had the Pats 11-5 or whatever. Is Brady really that good if he can lead the team to 2 more wins?

See I can say stupid things and use them to undermine another qb as well

Edited by canuckbeliever

Yeah your right, the voters HATTTEEEE BRADY. Lol cmon man.

You look at the years Manning and Brady had, they are on par with each other but here is a big fricking difference that every Patriot idiot forgets. Manning had not played in 2 FU**** YEARS. You can not possibly say that Mannings year hasnt been more impressive and more MVP like due to his time off.