The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NFL thread

Tony Romo

That would defeat the purpose of having divisions and division games. Winning your division is an important thing.

Disagree. Division winners should still make the playoffs, but they shouldn't get home field advantage over a wild card team with a better record, IMHO.

Disagree. Division winners should still make the playoffs, but they shouldn't get home field advantage over a wild card team with a better record, IMHO.

Agreed, RUPERT. This would be akin to the crossover in the CFL playoffs. I'd be all for it. Seed Playoff teams based on record. NHL should consider this again, too.

ok boys im taking the packers to win, texans, and ravens, now the seahawks game i'm on the fence about i think the skins will win but everyone keeps tellling me to pick hawks, im putting a lot of money on this oddset ticket (100) welll a lot for me anyway and who do you guys think i should rolll with .. skins or hawks?

The reason why he went so late is because of his height. If he was 6'2 he would have gone a lot sooner. You'd think because of Drew Brees' success teams would stop thinking short QBs can't be successful...

I don't know about that, Wilson could have easily started for a handful of other teams. He probably could have beat out some other team's starter. He had an amazing training camp and preseason which led to him starting. He was essentially the #3 QB coming in and wasn't expected to start. I don't even think Seattle expected him to play like he's playing. He proved a lot of people wrong.

I get what you're saying about the system though and having a good RB, offensive line and weapons at WR have definitely helped him. That truly is the recipe for developing a QB. You need to have weapons. Something the Jets didn't consistently do with Sanchez.

I'm not convinced Miami or Cleveland would have allowed Wilson to play the system that suits his abilities as well as Pete Carroll and the Seahawks have. They would have wanted him to fit into their current drop-back and pass out of the pocket styles that they have Weeden and Tannehill running, guys who are better suited for it.

I don't think Seattle was expecting Wilson to start at any point this season, but once he started out-playing the other options they figured out how to give him and the team the best possible chance to succeed.

Hawks should win. They have owned much better Qb's and teams than RG and the Skins.

They haven't played a Zone Read Option team yet. Completely different D to try and stop.

Plus the Seahawks have a tendancy to falter on the road. They lost to weaker teams like Miami, Detroit, St. Louis and Arizona on the road.

They haven't played a Zone Read Option team yet. Completely different D to try and stop.

Plus the Seahawks have a tendancy to falter on the road. They lost to weaker teams like Miami, Detroit, St. Louis and Arizona on the road.

Hawks run a bit of option stuff themselves. Just practicing against it is a bonus, plus they just have a very good D with the right personnel to shut em down. RG3 isn't 100% either. I think they'll win by at least 7.

Wilson is NOT a better runner

No he is not, but in time, the argument may be made that he is more elusive and a better scrambler. If RG3 continues to take injuries, that is a HUGE blow to his running reputation. Wilson is short and compact, theoretically he should be able to withstand more abuse, which could make him the bigger running threat.

This is gonna be a SICK game.

No he is not, but in time, the argument may be made that he is more elusive and a better scrambler. If RG3 continues to take injuries, that is a HUGE blow to his running reputation. Wilson is short and compact, theoretically he should be able to withstand more abuse, which could make him the bigger running threat.

This is gonna be a SICK game.

Wilson has been lucky to not get injured in his rookie year, RGIII hasn't been as lucky. Too early to say one will have more injury issues down the road.

Also LOL at Wilson being the better runner.

Wilson has been lucky to not get injured in his rookie year, RGIII hasn't been as lucky. Too early to say one will have more injury issues down the road.

Also LOL at Wilson being the better runner.

I've seen Wilson take some brutal hits this year so far. Definitely to early to say who will have the longer career.

I'm not convinced Miami or Cleveland would have allowed Wilson to play the system that suits his abilities as well as Pete Carroll and the Seahawks have. They would have wanted him to fit into their current drop-back and pass out of the pocket styles that they have Weeden and Tannehill running, guys who are better suited for it.

I don't think Seattle was expecting Wilson to start at any point this season, but once he started out-playing the other options they figured out how to give him and the team the best possible chance to succeed.

You see the thing is though, teams adjust their offenses to suit their QB. Look at the Niners, they're using a fairly different offensive mindset with Kaepernick as QB than they were Alex Smith. Carroll always ran a pro offense at USC, so one would assume he would continue that style...but having a mobile QB like Wilson gave him [ well his OC ] to try different things that suit their QB.

I arguably would take Wilson over Griffen. Wilson is a better runner and knows the game better. But the main reason is his career will be longer.

Wilson does not know the game better. RG3 is one of the smartest QBs to come out in a long time. He had less turnovers and a higher completion percentage. He also had double the rushing yards as Wilson.

The thing about Griffin is, he is an extremely strong passer. He will adjust his game so that he isn't relying on his legs to make plays all the time. Look at Rodgers, easily one of the most mobile QBs in the game. But he only uses his legs when he knows its a smart play. Griffin is a good enough passer that he will adjust. Guys like Vick who haven't adjust, haven't because they're not good passers like RG3.

Edited by JollyJet

You see the thing is though, teams adjust their offenses to suit their QB. Look at the Niners, they're using a fairly different offensive mindset with Kaepernick as QB than they were Alex Smith. Carroll always ran a pro offense at USC, so one would assume he would continue that style...but having a mobile QB like Wilson gave him [ well his OC ] to try different things that suit their QB.

Wilson does not know the game better. RG3 is one of the smartest QBs to come out in a long time. He had less turnovers and a higher completion percentage. He also had double the rushing yards as Wilson.

The thing about Griffin is, he is an extremely strong passer. He will adjust his game so that he isn't relying on his legs to make plays all the time. Look at Rodgers, easily one of the most mobile QBs in the game. But he only uses his legs when he knows its a smart play. Griffin is a good enough passer that he will adjust. Guys like Vick who haven't adjust, haven't because they're not good passers like RG3.

Not all do. In fact many don't. Sure, most will make a few adjustments in play-calling or whatnot, but few change the whole system. Pete Carroll is one, that is the whole point of my argument.

For the rest of your post, I definitely agree.

Edited by Champions of Nothing