7244 replies to this topic

#2611 Tony Romo

Tony Romo

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,723 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 09:01 PM

Just one last thought before I sign off for the night: It amazes me how many people are more about Brady and the Pats losing than they do about their own teams winning. Throughout the season I've seen people celebrate and tweet/make facebook statuses about the Pats losing and when their team wins it's like whatever.

But hey, 7 AFC championship games and 5 super bowls in 12 years, not going to complain one bit. The Ravens outplayed us, and I look forward to competing in next season's playoffs.

That's like with Dallas
It annoys me whenever a team like Dallas or the patriots lose, the media talks about how Dallas lost, not how the other team won
Sometimes the other team plays better than Dallas or the patriots and we didn't lose the game they won it and deserved it.
Posted Image Posted Image

Thanks to Raoul Duke for the Russell Wilson sig.

#2612 NucksPatsFan

NucksPatsFan

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 9,843 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 09:04 PM

That's like with Dallas
It annoys me whenever a team like Dallas or the patriots lose, the media talks about how Dallas lost, not how the other team won
Sometimes the other team plays better than Dallas or the patriots and we didn't lose the game they won it and deserved it.

I'm all for admitting when my team gets beat fair and square. Flacco made great plays, Ray Rice is great and their back up RB is incredible too. I haven't made a single excuse for why we lost nor will I because there are no excuses. But it's just funny seeing how excited some people on facebook are that the Patriots lost. A lot of them are Seahawks fans (or so they claim to be like many in BC) and they were more excited today about the loss than they were two weeks ago about the Seahawks winning a playoff game! I don't understand lol. Guess hating a team is more fun than cheering for your own now a days.

#2613 Wilfred

Wilfred

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,501 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 09:20 PM

Yeah, being involved in MVP discussions must mean he's not very good anymore. Funny how you show up to this thread during the playoffs only. You're a sh*t stain on the underwear of the NFL thread. You thinking a guy who's in the discussion for MVP of the league isn't very good anymore shows what kind of football IQ you have. Enjoy expressing your opinion though, you're entitled to it. And we could all use a good laugh.

Oh, and the way he plays a game is INJURING people. You wonder why former NFL players commit suicide? Because of mental problems caused by head shots, and guess who's a pro at them? Pollard. So while he is just playing a game, he's injuring real people and effecting their livelyhood long after they retire from the game.

You also didn't answer who you cheer for. But it'll be hard to take whoever you say seriously considering you're probably googling what teams besides the Patriots and Ravens play in the NFL and will type out whatever name appeals to you.

I don't need to answer who I cheer for to your pathetic a**. I've also made it quite clear in this thread. Go to bed kid. You want someone to die, because he "intentionally tries to injure players". Which of course, you being all knowing you know that. So because you're assuming something, which may or may not be true, you want him to die for that. And of course you happen to bring up these assumptions after your team is laughed off the field. PS, Brady isn't good in pressure situations anymore...it's pretty clear..What he did in the regular season means nothing lmao. You're pathetic.

#2614 canuck73_3

canuck73_3

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,604 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 09:23 PM

HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks...I needed that laugh!

So the hit on Raymond was clean but when we hit someone we get 5 games. Yeah...I had blinders on....right....keep on hating....you sure you're not a Flamez fan in disguise?

The hit on Raymond was a boarding at worst. I never said I agreed with Rome's suspension either. If all else fails put words in someones mouth I guess...

Edited by canuck73_3, 20 January 2013 - 10:07 PM.

credit to canuckforever00 for the sig :)

RIP Luc Bourdon

#2615 Dragonfruits

Dragonfruits

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,496 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 09:24 PM

wrong thread and this forum is crazy slow today

Edited by captaincanuck88, 20 January 2013 - 09:30 PM.

#2616 Canucks_fo_life

Canucks_fo_life

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,578 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 10:07 PM

YEEEEOOOOW WE DID IT!!!! Ravens off to Superbowl, awesome 2nd half by Flacco, started picking apart the Patriots crap defence, wasnt even a contest. Ravens are taking it all!!! OOOOOOOH-OH-OH-OH-OOOOOOOOHH!!!!!!! 3-0 with my Flacco jersey now!!

I rather lose with the Canucks, than win with any other team

This is OUR year

GO CANUCKS GOOOOOO!!!!!!!

#2617 JollyJet

JollyJet

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 136 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 10:08 PM

Re: Pollard hit. First off, it's a clean hit. You can hit a RB head to head. Don't blame him, blame the rule. Also, no one ever looks out for defenders when RBs lower their head ... double standard. If you look at that play, Ridley lowers his head first.

Brady is still one of the greatest QBs in the league. And the argument could be made of all time, but anyone who denies that he has regressed is just silly. He's 35, it's just natural. He's not the same guy he was 5 years ago. The Patriots will still compete though, as long as he's healthy they'll be up there. This may have been their last crack at the Superbowl though.

Superbowl will be interesting.

#2618 JollyJet

JollyJet

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 136 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 10:11 PM

YEEEEOOOOW WE DID IT!!!! Ravens off to Superbowl, awesome 2nd half by Flacco, started picking apart the Patriots crap defence, wasnt even a contest. Ravens are taking it all!!! OOOOOOOH-OH-OH-OH-OOOOOOOOHH!!!!!!! 3-0 with my Flacco jersey now!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IOMygaOwAso

LOL @ the guy with a Tucker jersey. WHO buys a kicker's jersey? I hope they're related.

#2619 JollyJet

JollyJet

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 136 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 10:15 PM

From twitter: Since beating the Eagles in the SB in 2005, Brady is Peytonesque 8-7 in the playoffs.

#2620 Champions of Nothing

Champions of Nothing

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,961 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 10:26 PM

I'm all for admitting when my team gets beat fair and square. Flacco made great plays, Ray Rice is great and their back up RB is incredible too. I haven't made a single excuse for why we lost nor will I because there are no excuses. But it's just funny seeing how excited some people on facebook are that the Patriots lost. A lot of them are Seahawks fans (or so they claim to be like many in BC) and they were more excited today about the loss than they were two weeks ago about the Seahawks winning a playoff game! I don't understand lol. Guess hating a team is more fun than cheering for your own now a days.

I don't have a horse in the race. There isn't any teams that I am really excited to see win. The only team that makes me really happy when the lose, no matter the year or situation, is the Patriots. I don't feel bad for one second when getting joy out of seeing that pouty lip on Brady's face.

Posted ImagePosted Image
Sig by Ranyart. FEEL FREE TO USE EITHER!

VOTE FOR EDLER!

And might as well vote for Daniel, Henrik, Kesler, Luongo and..... I guess Aaron Rome?

#2621 Champions of Nothing

Champions of Nothing

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 30,961 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 10:27 PM

LOL @ the guy with a Tucker jersey. WHO buys a kicker's jersey? I hope they're related.

Ex-Longhorn, my favorite Raven.

Posted ImagePosted Image

VOTE FOR EDLER!

And might as well vote for Daniel, Henrik, Kesler, Luongo and..... I guess Aaron Rome?

#2622 Tony Romo

Tony Romo

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 7,723 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 10:27 PM

What's wrong with the patriots haha, why on earth does everyone hate him??

#2623 Champions of Nothing

Champions of Nothing

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 30,961 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 10:37 PM

My reasons go back 12 years. I pretty much started the trend.

Also, just read back through the last few pages. LOL good stuff.

NPF, that was low wishing Pollard to be a vegetable. Despite what you say, the guys gotta keep his head up. Different situation than a receiver after catching a pass. There is a reason you hear the phase "keep your head up" about 100 times at every youth football practice on every football field in North American. That was just stupid by him. Defenders going head first into tackles is an epidemic in the NFL if you ask me, but runners can protect themselves more with their head up. The responsibility is shared.

Posted ImagePosted Image

VOTE FOR EDLER!

#2624 Bitter Melon

Bitter Melon

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,920 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 10:41 PM

With the Seahawks out I'm glad the Ravens made it to the Super Bowl. They're my favourite AFC team.
"Suck it Phaneuf" -Scott Hartnell
The poster formerly known as "CAPSLOCK"
Posted Image

#2625 pimpcurtly

pimpcurtly

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,368 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 10:42 PM

I don't have a horse in the race. There isn't any teams that I am really excited to see win. The only team that makes me really happy when the lose, no matter the year or situation, is the Patriots. I don't feel bad for one second when getting joy out of seeing that pouty lip on Brady's face.

:lol:
Posted Image

#2626 JollyJet

JollyJet

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 136 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 10:45 PM

I'm a Jets fan, my dislike for them comes from natural rivalry. However, they have one of the biggest bandwagons in sports history. Boston fans are already the worst in the world.

NPF, that was low wishing Pollard to be a vegetable. Despite what you say, the guys gotta keep his head up. Different situation than a receiver after catching a pass. There is a reason you hear the phase "keep your head up" about 100 times at every youth football practice on every football field in North American. That was just stupid by him. Defenders going head first into tackles is an epidemic in the NFL if you ask me, but runners can protect themselves more with their head up. The responsibility is shared.

Look at my previous post, Ridley lowers his head first. No one ever complains when a RB lowers his head into the head of a defender. Dislike the double standard.

#2627 Raoul Duke

Raoul Duke

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 9,057 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 10:49 PM

Sad day for me. I don't wish death/veggie status upon anyone either. Ravens obviously wanted it more. Congrats to them. You now get to play what is, IMO,an unstoppable juggernaut in San Fran.

I called it though at halftime. I told my wife, they're gonna come back and put the beatdown on us. First it was the absolutely horrendous clock management at the end of the half by Hernandez, then Brady himself. 3 points that cluld've been 7. Then of course, WELKER. Ohhh Wes. Such great regular season stats, then for the second eliminating game in a row, you drop a shoe-in for a first down, leading to the oppositions comeback. Wonder why WW has no rings. Maybe it's coincidence?

Anyways, was a good season. Great shootin the sh*t with you guys throughout the year. Will
Do again next year as I'm off on a much needed vacay and won't be around for the Super Bowl. Go Niners.

Kershaw_zps0cb5a848.jpg

#2628 Tony Romo

Tony Romo

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 7,723 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 10:50 PM

I'm pretty sure he doesn't actually wish that towards Polland. Just his anger speaking, or typing.

#2629 Champions of Nothing

Champions of Nothing

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 30,961 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 10:57 PM

I'm pretty sure he doesn't actually wish that towards Polland. Just his anger speaking, or typing.

Funny, didn't sound too angry in any other posts...

Posted ImagePosted Image

VOTE FOR EDLER!

#2630 Tony Romo

Tony Romo

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 7,723 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 11:05 PM

Funny, didn't sound too angry in any other posts...

Do you really think he was serious?

#2631 Champions of Nothing

Champions of Nothing

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 30,961 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 11:07 PM

Do you really think he was serious?

Does that make it any better of a thing to say? Not something cool to joke about.

Posted ImagePosted Image

VOTE FOR EDLER!

#2632 Tony Romo

Tony Romo

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 7,723 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 11:11 PM

Does that make it any better of a thing to say? Not something cool to joke about.

It's like when your mad at someone and you say I'm going to kill him, it's just your anger speaking.

#2633 pimpcurtly

pimpcurtly

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,368 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 11:20 PM

It's like when your mad at someone and you say I'm going to kill him, it's just your anger speaking.

Well sometimes it's better to not vocalize the crazy things being tossed around in your brain. Maybe his reaction is why a lot of people are happy the Patriots lose?

Edited by pimpcurtly, 20 January 2013 - 11:21 PM.

Posted Image

#2634 Champions of Nothing

Champions of Nothing

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 30,961 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 11:28 PM

People have gotten in a lot of trouble legally for saying such things on the internet.

Posted ImagePosted Image

VOTE FOR EDLER!

#2635 Canucks_fo_life

Canucks_fo_life

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,578 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 11:29 PM

Why do people hate the Patriots??? Do you guys know those fans are the same annoying pieces of crap that cheer for the Boston Bruins???? Thats my reason to hate them, other than them fluking out last year in the AFC championship game against my Ravens, also, Tom Brady in a princess!

This is OUR year

#2636 Markus Alexander Cody

Markus Alexander Cody

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,640 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 11:39 PM

Why do people hate the Patriots??? Do you guys know those fans are the same annoying pieces of crap that cheer for the Boston Bruins???? Thats my reason to hate them, other than them fluking out last year in the AFC championship game against my Ravens, also, Tom Brady in a princess!

I'm a Pats fan and I'm also a Canucks fan, therefore, your logic is invalid.

Posted Image

credit to allons-y

Certainly going to be our #1 defensemen. Give him a couple more years to improve his game and he'll be our new and improved version of Matthias Ohlund in no time

Posted Image

^Truth

#2637 Markus Alexander Cody

Markus Alexander Cody

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,640 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 11:41 PM

Shame that we lost at home. Hoping Welker stays with us. Brady's got a good two seasons left until he retires.

Could only watch the 1st quarter because I wanted to beat the lines for the Canucks store sale for tonight's game and was at the game as well. Sad that we lost but I know for sure, if we make it back to the AFC Championship game again next season, there is no way, NO WAY in hell the Pats will lose that game.

Posted Image

credit to allons-y

Certainly going to be our #1 defensemen. Give him a couple more years to improve his game and he'll be our new and improved version of Matthias Ohlund in no time

Posted Image

^Truth

#2638 Champions of Nothing

Champions of Nothing

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 30,961 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 11:43 PM

Shame that we lost at home. Hoping Welker stays with us. Brady's got a good two seasons left until he retires.

Could only watch the 1st quarter because I wanted to beat the lines for the Canucks store sale for tonight's game and was at the game as well. Sad that we lost but I know for sure, if we make it back to the AFC Championship game again next season, there is no way, NO WAY in hell the Pats will lose that game.

Where have we heard that before?

Posted ImagePosted Image

VOTE FOR EDLER!

#2639 Markus Alexander Cody

Markus Alexander Cody

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,640 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 11:45 PM

People just hatin their team is shat while the Patriots have been dominating the NFL for 12 years.

Posted Image

credit to allons-y

Posted Image

^Truth

#2640 Canucks_fo_life

Canucks_fo_life

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,578 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 11:59 PM

I'm a Pats fan and I'm also a Canucks fan, therefore, your logic is invalid.

I dont understand how people can be Canucks fans then also cheer for a team from a city that we loathe here in Vancouver, I just dont get it

This is OUR year

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.