The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NFL thread

Tony Romo

Freakin FedEx Field. Skins should be fined for not spending the $$ on upkeep of their field. Peterson tore his knee in Washington too.

RGIII got hurt initially in the game vs Baltimore too. Their owner should pay to upgrade the field especially when it is putting his franchise player at risk of a serious knee injury.

My take on the Seahawks and the two camps.

1) If you like them, they are the underdogs playing in the Northwest who don't get the respect of the other elite teams and are often ignored by the national media.

They are a great physical defense with a promising rookie qb Russel Wilson and a great RB and a coach who will do whatever it takes to win.

2) If you hate them they are a bunch of cheaters who have P.E.D. using over sized corners who use cheap tactics like taunting the other team and cross the line physically.

As well as a team who never admitted the replacement refs gave them a game they didn't deserve.

Led by a arrogant coach who will do anything to win even if it crosses the line, that ran from college to escape recruiting violations.

Just depends on your perspective of what camp you are in.

Edited by Terry Crews
  • Upvote 1

I didn't know Michael Turner was the second leading rusher in the NFL? Morris has doubled Turner's yardage production in this year alone, not a fair comparison to begin with.

I just meant that Morris was able to do damage to a Seahawks D early on that wasn't expecting anything tricky out of Griffin, so two backs such as Turner and Rodgers who is a really good open field runner should be able to find success. Not saying they'll take over the game or anything.

As a Bronco fan the Ravens scare me. Though they beat the most overrated team in the NFL, the way they did it was nonetheless impressive. It is going to be a dog fight of a game and I expect Denver to win but would not be surprised if the opportunistic Baltimore D snags a few turnovers as it did today and beats the horses. Something that is especially concerning as a bronco fan is that the team is turnover prone. However, I do expect Ray Rice to be contained by the great run defense we have plus I have 0 faith in Joe Fu**o to have a solid passing game. Broncos win but the game will be close due to the aforementioned turnover issue.

Atlanta is overrated and Matt Ryan might as well rename himself Roberto Luongo. He chokes in the playoffs. Seattle won today but the win was not impressive whatsoever and as someone who genuinely likes to see the Hawks win I think it is some what scary. However, Atlanta has looked like garbage past few weeks and none of there wins minus the win against the Giants have been done in impressive fashion. The game will be close and Matt Ryan will live up to Matt Ryan form so the falcons will find a way to lose.

New England Houston on paper is a close game but the way it is going I expect the Patriots to destroy Houston. Even in the win against the Bengals, the Texan team looked pathetic and if Cinccy had any semblance of an office thye would have beat the Texans.

The most intriguing game of the week from a pure match up stand point will be San Francisco Green Bay. I know the Packers will be the sexy pick for a lot of individuals but remember this. The Packers offensive line is weak and the 49ers pass rush is freaking amazing. Green Bays defense isnt great either. I see Kapernick doing enough to win the game with the defense standing out.

I really think this is the year Matt Ryan finally breaks out of his playoff slump. I mean, if not this year, do the Falcons stick with him yet again next season? This has to be the most complete team Matt Ryan has had around him. Hey, even Luongo was able to at least get to the Cup finals ;)

WOOOOOOOO!!!!!! Way to go Hawks!! Can't wait for next weekend....I really hope the NFC comes down to Seahawks vs Packers. Also hope RGIII is alright...never want to see someone go down like that...especially someone as gifted as him. Not sure why they kept him in so long. :picard:

I gotta say reading through the last couple pages of this thread was pretty entertaining. You Hawk haters make me LOL!! :lol:

How can a team with 0 championships and only 1 trip to the championship game in its existence have haters? I think we all just mutually dislike them, much like how a lot of people that live in the Vancouver area specifically dislike the Canucks just because they're the home team.

How can a team with 0 championships and only 1 trip to the championship game in its existence have haters? I think we all just mutually dislike them, much like how a lot of people that live in the Vancouver area specifically dislike the Canucks just because they're the home team.

Oh, my bad. Listening to you "mutual dislikers" is so entertaining! Better?! You guys were soooo excited at 14-0. :lol:;)

GO RAVENS YES!!! Andrew's luck wore out! Ray Lewis brought so much emotion and energy today and you could see it wore off on the rest of the guys. Defence was superb in Ravens fashion, and on the ground Rice and Pierce were monsters!!!! Flacco was himself today, ran the ball alot, but made 4 or 5 huge throws downfield right on the money! It was sad to see Lewis leave home field for the last time, hopefully he looks ahead to having a great game in Denver next week against who I think is the best team in the NFL, gonna be tough but I believe in my boys. OOOOOOOH-OH-OH-OH-OOOOOOOOH-OOOOOOOOH, OOOOOOOOOH-OH-OH-OH-OOOOOOOOH, OOOOOOOOOOOOH

I just meant that Morris was able to do damage to a Seahawks D early on that wasn't expecting anything tricky out of Griffin, so two backs such as Turner and Rodgers who is a really good open field runner should be able to find success. Not saying they'll take over the game or anything.

I really think this is the year Matt Ryan finally breaks out of his playoff slump. I mean, if not this year, do the Falcons stick with him yet again next season? This has to be the most complete team Matt Ryan has had around him. Hey, even Luongo was able to at least get to the Cup finals ;)

You're on a Canucks forum...

That's probably a part of it.

For me, at the risk of sounding "obsessed", these are the reasons I cheer against the Seahawks.

- The obvious one, I am a rams fan, and the Seahawks are out top rival. We have had many battles that have been pretty even over the years, and the Seahawks prevented a couple average-decent Rams teams from making the playoffs in the last decade.

- They are always on. Due to all the local US feeds being picked up from the Seattle area, I grew up with the Hawks on TV every Sunday afternoon. They weren't very good, I didn't like them already, and I don't think I fully understood why I was stuck watching the Seahawks and Cardinals in the afternoon game when better games could have been shown (before HD, obviously).

- The casual and less-than casual fans. People that barely understand football going on about how I have to cheer for the Seahawks becasue they were the closest geographical team. When I explained that didn't like them, I usually got a scoff or an eye-roll.

- Whiny/entitled fans (sound familiar? :P). It was unbearable after the SB against the Steelers all the complaining about how the game was fixed and the refs lost the game for them. Then when it comes back around to them and makes them win a game they shouldn't have, they can't even admit it was the wrong call.

- They tend to dominate NFL talk in BC. Everyone seems to have an opinion on the Hawks, as long as it's a positive one. So my choice is either sit in the corner with my finger up my nose, or join in and give my opinion on the team, then when I do, I get called a hater or "obsessed".

Those are my reasons. Logical or not.

Though I have stated many times that I have enjoyed watching the Hawks play for the first time ever, and really like Russell Wilson and what he has done. I also applaud Pete Carroll for allowing this kid to succeed, and even picked him for Coach of the Year.

That's a pretty illogical statement. Championships don't define whether or not a team is hated. The Packers are the most successful NFL team in history, yet I don't think they're even close to the upper tier in terms of teams that are hated.

Conversely, look at my team...the Jets, they haven't won a Superbowl since the 60s, yet were voted the most disliked team this year.

Honestly, there can be a legitimate argument to hate any NFL team in the league and it's borderline stupid to argue about it. It's a game, let's watch and enjoy. We can debate about stats, players, coaches etc. But to argue about what teams are hated and why? Kind of ridiculous.

• Upvote 1

Honestly, there can be a legitimate argument to hate any NFL team in the league and it's borderline stupid to argue about it. It's a game, let's watch and enjoy. We can debate about stats, players, coaches etc. But to argue about what teams are hated and why? Kind of ridiculous.

Easy for you to say. EVERYONE hates your team. :P

That's a pretty illogical statement. Championships don't define whether or not a team is hated. The Packers are the most successful NFL team in history, yet I don't think they're even close to the upper tier in terms of teams that are hated.

Conversely, look at my team...the Jets, they haven't won a Superbowl since the 60s, yet were voted the most disliked team this year.

Probably cuz Teebow was on the team

I grew up watching the Seahawks, they were always my dad's favourite team,and aside from the superbowl run in '05, they never amounted to anything.

Now that they're having success, it seems like everyone hates them. It only makes me like them more, because there is another team in the Pacific Northwest that I love but seems to be despised elsewhere.

I grew up watching the Seahawks, they were always my dad's favourite team,and aside from the superbowl run in '05, they never amounted to anything.

Now that they're having success, it seems like everyone hates them. It only makes me like them more, because there is another team in the Pacific Northwest that I love but seems to be despised elsewhere.

That is actually the complete opposite of what I've experienced.