10470 replies to this topic

#2641 Champions of Nothing

Champions of Nothing

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,961 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 12:02 AM

People just hatin their team is shat while the Patriots have been dominating the NFL for 12 years.

The NFL.... minus the Ravens.

And the Giants.

Posted ImagePosted Image
Sig by Ranyart. FEEL FREE TO USE EITHER!

VOTE FOR EDLER!

And might as well vote for Daniel, Henrik, Kesler, Luongo and..... I guess Aaron Rome?

#2642 Markus Alexander Cody

Markus Alexander Cody

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,640 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 12:04 AM

I dont understand how people can be Canucks fans then also cheer for a team from a city that we loathe here in Vancouver, I just dont get it

I grew up as a Pats fan as well as a Canucks fan. Just because one team is based in a city where I despise, doesn't mean I have to hate every team in their city. It's like saying I hate the Chicago Bears, Cubs, White Sox, and Bulls because I hate the Blackhawks. That's a stupid reason to hate a team because I hate one team from a city with multiple sports teams

Posted Image

credit to allons-y

Certainly going to be our #1 defensemen. Give him a couple more years to improve his game and he'll be our new and improved version of Matthias Ohlund in no time

Posted Image

^Truth

#2643 Markus Alexander Cody

Markus Alexander Cody

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,640 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 12:11 AM

The NFL.... minus the Ravens.

And the Giants.

When I meant dominating, I meant by overall record and appearances in the playoffs. Tell me, how many championship appearances do the Ravens and Giants have since 2001? Oh that's right, five. Combined. Pats have played in 7.

Posted Image

credit to allons-y

Certainly going to be our #1 defensemen. Give him a couple more years to improve his game and he'll be our new and improved version of Matthias Ohlund in no time

Posted Image

^Truth

#2644 Champions of Nothing

Champions of Nothing

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 30,961 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 12:21 AM

When I meant dominating, I meant by overall record and appearances in the playoffs. Tell me, how many championship appearances do the Ravens and Giants have since 2001? Oh that's right, five. Combined. Pats have played in 7.

Perhaps this has something to do with a general dislike for the team you cheer for. Your team lost, got beat bad, and you still go on and on about how great they are.

Posted ImagePosted Image

VOTE FOR EDLER!

And might as well vote for Daniel, Henrik, Kesler, Luongo and..... I guess Aaron Rome?

#2645 JollyJet

JollyJet

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 136 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 12:32 AM

People just hatin their team is shat while the Patriots have been dominating the NFL for 12 years.

And people seriously wonder why the Patriots are disliked? Their fans are arrogant.

Also, saying the Patriots have "dominated" for 12 years is silly since their last SB was 8 years ago. The Steelers and the Giants have both won 2 SBs since the last Patriots win.

#2646 JollyJet

JollyJet

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 136 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 12:33 AM

People don't get awards for playing in championship games, Rex has 2 in 4 years with Sanchez. Means nothing unless you win the SB.

#2647 JollyJet

JollyJet

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 136 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 12:35 AM

If the Patriots ever want to win another SB in the near future they need to go all in next year.

Sign a legit WR. Bowe, Wallace, and Jennings are all free agents.

Sign a coupe of pass rushers. Avril and Umenyiora?

They need an all-star corner too.

However, given Bellichick's track record. He won't go out and spend the big bucks and the Patriots will have the same results.

#2648 Markus Alexander Cody

Markus Alexander Cody

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,640 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 12:43 AM

Perhaps this has something to do with a general dislike for the team you cheer for. Your team lost, got beat bad, and you still go on and on about how great they are.

I didn't watch the game but the score says it all. I can talk all I want about how great the Patriots are because it's a given fact. Sorry if I'm giving off the wrong vibe but honestly, the stats don't lie. I only watched the 1st Quarter but after that, it seemed like we were being handed to by the Ravens

And people seriously wonder why the Patriots are disliked? Their fans are arrogant.

Also, saying the Patriots have "dominated" for 12 years is silly since their last SB was 8 years ago. The Steelers and the Giants have both won 2 SBs since the last Patriots win.

I don't wonder why people hate us. I wonder why people love the fact that we lose when their team won a game only a couple weeks back.

Posted Image

credit to allons-y

Posted Image

^Truth

#2649 Champions of Nothing

Champions of Nothing

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 30,961 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 12:45 AM

If the Patriots ever want to win another SB in the near future they need to go all in next year.

However, given Bellichick's track record. He won't go out and spend the big bucks and the Patriots will have the same results.

Yup. They've had a top 10 offence for near a decade. They haven't had a top 10 defence since the perfect* season. They haven't been better than 25th in yards allowed in 3 years.

Posted ImagePosted Image

VOTE FOR EDLER!

#2650 Markus Alexander Cody

Markus Alexander Cody

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,640 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 12:46 AM

I agree. We can't rely on random out of the blue receivers anymore. Deion Branch needs to go. We can't keep bringing him back. Brandon Lloyd needs to go. The man literally catches the ball and then goes to the ground. Welker can stay. Edelman can stay. Our defence needs an all star back. Last one we had was Harrison and since then, we've gone on a youth movement. I don't mind McCourty and Chung, but we need that one CB/safety to be that one reliable defender that can shut down top receivers week after week. I still wish we still had Asante Samuel but what can you do...

edit: lol we signed Shaun Ellis last year and he didn't do jack for us at all

Edited by Markus Alexander Cody, 21 January 2013 - 12:47 AM.

Posted Image

credit to allons-y

Posted Image

^Truth

#2651 Champions of Nothing

Champions of Nothing

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 30,961 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 12:49 AM

I didn't watch the game but the score says it all. I can talk all I want about how great the Patriots are because it's a given fact. Sorry if I'm giving off the wrong vibe but honestly, the stats don't lie. I only watched the 1st Quarter but after that, it seemed like we were being handed to by the Ravens

I don't wonder why people hate us. I wonder why people love the fact that we lose when their team won a game only a couple weeks back.

That last sentence makes little sense.

Posted ImagePosted Image

VOTE FOR EDLER!

#2652 Champions of Nothing

Champions of Nothing

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 30,961 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 12:50 AM

I agree. We can't rely on random out of the blue receivers anymore. Deion Branch needs to go. We can't keep bringing him back. Brandon Lloyd needs to go. The man literally catches the ball and then goes to the ground. Welker can stay. Edelman can stay. Our defence needs an all star back. Last one we had was Harrison and since then, we've gone on a youth movement. I don't mind McCourty and Chung, but we need that one CB/safety to be that one reliable defender that can shut down top receivers week after week. I still wish we still had Asante Samuel but what can you do...

edit: lol we signed Shaun Ellis last year and he didn't do jack for us at all

Isn't that what Talib is supposed to be?

Posted ImagePosted Image

VOTE FOR EDLER!

#2653 JollyJet

JollyJet

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 136 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 12:57 AM

Pretty much sums up Patriots fan ... how can you not watch the game and call yourself a fan?

The fact is the Patriots haven't won a Superbowl since 2005.

Edited by JollyJet, 21 January 2013 - 12:59 AM.

#2654 JollyJet

JollyJet

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 136 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 12:58 AM

Isn't that what Talib is supposed to be?

I figure Talib to parlay his late season success into a decent contract.

#2655 Markus Alexander Cody

Markus Alexander Cody

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,640 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 01:05 AM

Pretty much sums up Patriots fan ... how can you not watch the game and call yourself a fan?

The fact is the Patriots haven't won a Superbowl since 2005.

How does that sum up being a Patriots fan? I watch all Pats games whenever I can. I was heading to the Canucks game tonight so I couldn't watch it.

I'm sure you miss some Jets games or Canucks games and you still call yourself a fan. You don't HAVE to watch every single game to be called "a fan".

Posted Image

credit to allons-y

Posted Image

^Truth

#2656 JollyJet

JollyJet

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 136 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 01:10 AM

How does that sum up being a Patriots fan? I watch all Pats games whenever I can. I was heading to the Canucks game tonight so I couldn't watch it.

I'm sure you miss some Jets games or Canucks games and you still call yourself a fan. You don't HAVE to watch every single game to be called "a fan".

Missing a game here or there is not a HUGE deal, even though there are only 16 regular season and they're usually on Sundays. But missing the second biggest game of the season is a pretty big deal, especially if you're missing it to go watch an early regular season hockey game.

#2657 Markus Alexander Cody

Markus Alexander Cody

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,640 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 01:13 AM

Missing a game here or there is not a HUGE deal, even though there are only 16 regular season and they're usually on Sundays. But missing the second biggest game of the season is a pretty big deal, especially if you're missing it to go watch an early regular season hockey game.

I spent good money to watch hockey. I'm not going to show up an hour late and miss the 1st period of action. Your reasons are unjustifiable when it comes to reasons why people miss games.

Posted Image

credit to allons-y

Posted Image

^Truth

#2658 JollyJet

JollyJet

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 136 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 01:20 AM

I spent good money to watch hockey. I'm not going to show up an hour late and miss the 1st period of action. Your reasons are unjustifiable when it comes to reasons why people miss games.

Umm, you could easily sell the tickets? It's a pretty big game to miss. I'd understand a week 2 or 3 game. But the AFC Championship game? Come on dude.

#2659 Markus Alexander Cody

Markus Alexander Cody

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,640 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 01:23 AM

Umm, you could easily sell the tickets? It's a pretty big game to miss. I'd understand a week 2 or 3 game. But the AFC Championship game? Come on dude.

Seriously? You've got nothing to do except rag on one football fan for missing a conference game because he bought tickets to a game locally? And my friend bought the poweplay pak and I was going with him. Honestly, you're going to rag on someone for missing a game. Get over yourself

Posted Image

credit to allons-y

Posted Image

^Truth

#2660 JollyJet

JollyJet

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 136 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 01:29 AM

Seriously? You've got nothing to do except rag on one football fan for missing a conference game because he bought tickets to a game locally? And my friend bought the poweplay pak and I was going with him. Honestly, you're going to rag on someone for missing a game. Get over yourself

Oh, I'm totally over myself. Seriously, I am.

#2661 Champions of Nothing

Champions of Nothing

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 30,961 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 01:31 AM

I was totally with you until you started ragging on him for missing the game for a LIVE Canucks game. I woulda gone too. PVR exists for a reason. You have no right to say what his priorities should be.

Are you even a Canucks fan?

-----------------------------------------------

Having said that, still hate the Pats and think most of their fans are unbearable.

Posted ImagePosted Image

VOTE FOR EDLER!

#2662 JollyJet

JollyJet

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 136 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 01:33 AM

I was totally with you until you started ragging on him for missing the game for a LIVE Canucks game. I woulda gone too. PVR exists for a reason. You have no right to say what his priorities should be.

Are you even a Canucks fan?

-----------------------------------------------

Having said that, still hate the Pats and think most of their fans are unbearable.

Yup! Definitely a Canucks fan. I would have sold the tickets, PVRed the Nucks game and watched the Championship Game live.

I give favor to playoff games over regular season. Always.

Edit: Also, he obviously didn't PVR the game given that he saw the "stats" which again, calls into question how big a fan he really is. Which is why I hate Patriots fans so much, since half of them really aren't fans.

Edited by JollyJet, 21 January 2013 - 01:34 AM.

#2663 Canucks_fo_life

Canucks_fo_life

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,593 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 01:34 AM

Joe Flacco, 6-4 road record in the playoffs, most road playoff wins in NFL history by a QB. I think he's earned a new contract this offseason
I rather lose with the Canucks, than win with any other team

This is OUR year

GO CANUCKS GOOOOOO!!!!!!!

#2664 Champions of Nothing

Champions of Nothing

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 30,961 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 01:37 AM

Yup! Definitely a Canucks fan. I would have sold the tickets, PVRed the Nucks game and watched the Championship Game live.

I give favor to playoff games over regular season. Always.

Edit: Also, he obviously didn't PVR the game given that he saw the "stats" which again, calls into question how big a fan he really is. Which is why I hate Patriots fans so much, since half of them really aren't fans.

That's fine for you. I rarely get to go to Canucks games, so I wouldn't skip it for something I am watching on TV already. Even if the Rams were in the NFC Champ game. Does that make me less of a fan?

Maybe the guy doesn't have PVR. The fact that you are making me defend a Patriots fan makes me like you a little less, to be honest.

Posted ImagePosted Image

VOTE FOR EDLER!

#2665 JollyJet

JollyJet

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 136 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 01:40 AM

That's fine for you. I rarely get to go to Canucks games, so I wouldn't skip it for something I am watching on TV already. Even if the Rams were in the NFC Champ game. Does that make me less of a fan?

Maybe the guy doesn't have PVR. The fact that you are making me defend a Patriots fan makes me like you a little less, to be honest.

LOL. I don't know, it's tough for me to digress on this, because I feel like any Championship game takes precedence. I guess it comes down to what/who you value more?

But I don't decide who is and isn't a fan.

#2666 GodzillaDeuce

GodzillaDeuce

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,123 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 01:41 AM

jesus christ guys

pats fans AND pats haters, can we talk about something else?

Atlanta seemed to be pretty successful there for a while shutting down kaepernick, will be interesting if the ravens can figure out how. Looking forward to the game

well I'm sorry that gd is soo perfect

#2667 Champions of Nothing

Champions of Nothing

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 30,961 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 01:50 AM

LOL. I don't know, it's tough for me to digress on this, because I feel like any Championship game takes precedence. I guess it comes down to what/who you value more?

But I don't decide who is and isn't a fan.

Then quit trying.

Posted ImagePosted Image

VOTE FOR EDLER!

#2668 Champions of Nothing

Champions of Nothing

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 30,961 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 01:52 AM

jesus christ guys

pats fans AND pats haters, can we talk about something else?

Atlanta seemed to be pretty successful there for a while shutting down kaepernick, will be interesting if the ravens can figure out how. Looking forward to the game

Atlanta sold out to stop Kaper, which they did. Problem was they opened it up for Gore and for him to throw down field. Whenever they ran the read option, they had the DE and the outside backer staying on him, leaving a wide open lane for Gore.

Posted ImagePosted Image

VOTE FOR EDLER!

#2669 Primus099

Primus099

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,009 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 02:13 AM

i picked the 49ers and also picked the Ravens for the upset, great success

think the Ravens will take it, Ray Lewis will go out with 1 more ring

#2670 Raoul Duke

Raoul Duke

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,150 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 02:26 AM

Messed up. I actually predicted the 49ers over the Ravens in the Supr Bowl at the start of the season. Also, didn't bet on it. Dooooouche.

TomBrady.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.