The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NFL thread

Tony Romo

what a big mistake to fire Rob, to quote himself:

"I inherited a team that was 31st in the league in defense and made them better," Ryan told ESPNDallas.com's Tim MacMahon. "I (expletive) made them a hell of a lot better. I'll be out of work for like five minutes."
  • Upvote 1

http://www.tsn.ca/nfl/story/?id=413110

well this sucks i wonder who's job if anyone's will be lost over this someone has got to take responsibility for the players safety yes its playoffs most players play hurt but at the same time griffin was hobbling and was ineffective after the 1st quarter for the rest of the game

i feel if he hadn't given them a 14-0 lead and it was tied or they were losing griffin would of probably been taken out of the game when he started to hobble every play and couldn't make the smart decision

Edited by captaincanuck88

They both shouldn't be fired and Jerry jones needs to go!! And hopefully that stadium can go too and we can get a new one that's more about football than entertainment..never going to happen!

The continued assertion that Jerry Jones needs to go is pointless. He's been at the forefront of the team since buying it and will continue to be for a long time. Pointless to suggest otherwise.

http://www.tsn.ca/nfl/story/?id=413110

well this sucks i wonder who's job if anyone's will be lost over this someone has got to take responsibility for the players safety yes its playoffs most players play hurt but at the same time griffin was hobbling and was ineffective after the 1st quarter for the rest of the game

i feel if he hadn't given them a 14-0 lead and it was tied or they were losing griffin would of probably been taken out of the game when he started to hobble every play and couldn't make the smart decision

RG3 will have to adjust his playing style. And the reason why he both will be able to and will be successful in doing so is because he is an accurate and effective passer. Unlike the Michael Vicks and the Vince Youngs who are mediocre in the passing game, RG3 can throw the deep ball and is accurate. He needs to use his running ability to allude rushers and run only as a last resort. Aaron Rodgers is an example of an effective mobile QB. Pass 1st, 2nd, and 3rd. Run 4th.

RG3 will have to adjust his playing style. And the reason why he both will be able to and will be successful in doing so is because he is an accurate and effective passer. Unlike the Michael Vicks and the Vince Youngs who are mediocre in the passing game, RG3 can throw the deep ball and is accurate. He needs to use his running ability to allude rushers and run only as a last resort. Aaron Rodgers is an example of an effective mobile QB. Pass 1st, 2nd, and 3rd. Run 4th.

ya im not to worried about him but his running game is a huge aspect of what made him so effective this year im sure he will be able to rush a bit but probably won't do the big runs anymore and look for the pass first

should of never gotten to this point imo though

The continued assertion that Jerry Jones needs to go is pointless. He's been at the forefront of the team since buying it and will continue to be for a long time. Pointless to suggest otherwise.

But unlike Aaron Rodgers, he is most effective when he carries the ball more. He needs to keep on the option to keep the DE honest and open up more lines for his RBs, and give him more time in the pocket on the Option Read Pass.

I do think he can be smarter about it though. An analyst on TV (forget who) mentioned that he needs to limit his runs to 3rd downs, in the red zone, and in the 4th quarter. I don't think he necessarily needs to keep it every time it's there on 1st down from his own 20.

Jerry Jones does need to go. Every Cowboys fan I know has acknowledged that. Of course it isn't going to happen, doesn't mean we can't admit it would fix a lot of issues.

Edited by Champions of Nothing

CFL/NFL: Both Marc Trestman (Coach) and Jim Popp (GM) of the Montreal Alouttes have received some interest.

Trestman in Cleveland and Chicago (Good fit, in my opinion) and Popp with Carolina.

Other news: Brian Kelly is interviewing for the Eagles. I despise this because I have an extremely strong feeling that he's doing this for a raise, ala Bill O'Brien. I hate how these coaches talk about 'the kids' and the 'program' etc etc, but always bolt when there's a hint of sanctions or leverage interviews for contract extensions. Honor your deal.

Got my Flacco jersey ready to go for Saturday, I believe in my boys, theyre getting healthier. It'll be sunny but really cold for gametime on Saturday, im thankful its just not snowing. If they can stop Manning from getting into a rythm the Ravens have a chance. GO RAVENS!!!!!

Egad.

Another weekend of absolute sitting, eating, and drinking. I love playoff football, and I sure as hell will enjoy it while it's here, but I will be happy when its over and I leave the house again during the day.

Hopefully all of the games will be entertaining, but I have my doubts about the Patriots game.

Rampant speculation about how Marc Trestman will be next coach of the Bears. I know a lot of CFL apologists are going to use this in there argument to argue how great the CFL is (though none of them can tell me how a guy who got cut 10 times from the NFL can go on to be the greatest receiver in CFL history in Geroy Simon) but remember CFL apologists, its the Bears and they are not exactly savvy

Though I will say Trestman is an intelligent man and he has done great outside the CFL as well so he is a low key hiring but has tremendous potential

Edited by canuckbeliever

Egad.

Another weekend of absolute sitting, eating, and drinking. I love playoff football, and I sure as hell will enjoy it while it's here, but I will be happy when its over and I leave the house again during the day.

Hopefully all of the games will be entertaining, but I have my doubts about the Patriots game.

Yes!

Some really good games this weekend, especially the NFC ones.

Rampant speculation about how Marc Trestman will be next coach of the Bears. I know a lot of CFL apologists are going to use this in there argument to argue how great the CFL is (though none of them can tell me how a guy who got cut 10 times from the NFL can go on to be the greatest receiver in CFL history in Geroy Simon) but remember CFL apologists, its the Bears and they are not exactly savvy

Though I will say Trestman is an intelligent man and he has done great outside the CFL as well so he is a low key hiring but has tremendous potential

:rolleyes:

I'm sorry but your post come across like a complete douche. Not that it was the first time.

Trestman is a brilliant coach and there is no doubt why he had success in the CFL and College, as well as the NFL is an assistant/coordinator. His specialty is working with QB's, so just maybe he can work with and get the best out of Cutler.

Wow rob Ryan fired

Shouldn't have been fired. Cowboys D was solid with the starters being injured and all.

Every time I start up my madden 13 game I watch the Ray Lewis intro speech start to finish. I truly cannot believe that it will likely be his last game on Saturday. :sadno:

RayLewisFInalDance_original.gif

Damn. I didn't even buy Madden 13 cuz I was so terrible at Madden 12. I might just buy it for the speech though.

:rolleyes:

I'm sorry but your post come across like a complete douche. Not that it was the first time.

Trestman is a brilliant coach and there is no doubt why he had success in the CFL and College, as well as the NFL is an assistant/coordinator. His specialty is working with QB's, so just maybe he can work with and get the best out of Cutler.

Love me or hate me just have an opinion about me

-David Pratt

Edited by canuckbeliever

Hope your not as attention-starved and self-aggrandizing as Mr. Pratt himself.

It's one thing to not like the CFL. It's another to slam it, it's players, and the people that defend it.

Honestly, I just say what I believe. I hate the CFL because it gets forced down our throats in Canada and some people are so self-righteous about the game. It is like the NFL doesnt exist in there world or the NFL is garbage.

But this is probably a conversation for a different thread. Anyways we are 20 hours away from the divisional round. The game can not come fast enough

• Upvote 1