6982 replies to this topic

#2821 NucksPatsFan

NucksPatsFan

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,809 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 05:02 PM

Looks like I was spot on. I knew they weren't letting Welker walk at 6 million without a plan. Amendola only has 10 mill guaranteed over 5 years. Not sure what welker's guarantee with Denver is.

Edit: though Amendola isn't Welker, he can mimick his style. He may not have 110 catches, or maybe he will, but Amendola is a good middle of the field guy with a little range too.

Edited by NucksPatsFan, 13 March 2013 - 05:03 PM.

Swap Byron Leftwich and Tom Brady's situations. Today Brady would be a UFA or on the Roughriders practice roster, Byron Leftwich would have 100 more wins than losses.

:picard:

"Spirituality, faith and democracy are the corner stones of our country. We are all Patriots. And tonight, the Patriots are World Champions." -Robert Kraft

#2822 pimpcurtly

pimpcurtly

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,368 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 05:38 PM

Also Cliff Avril to the seahawks. Thats one hell of a stacked roster

Yup, just saw that. Can't freaking wait until the season starts.
Posted Image

#2823 Apple Juice

Apple Juice

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,068 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 05:43 PM

Or maybe it was Welker's horrible play in the playoffs that sealed his fate. One drop pass in the SB to cost them the game, and his drop in the Ravens game turned the tide. Good Riddance, as a pat fan I am glad to see him walk. He is the Joe Thorton of NFL players, good regular season numbers but cant do lick all when its crunch time in the playoffs.

Too bad they couldn't get Mike Wallace, they need a wideout that can fly and open up the deep passing game that made them lethal with Moss.

Darius Heyward-Bey maybe for the Pats? He can fly but I'm not sure if he can catch... Pretty pissed that he left for only 2M more though and not being able to follow Brady and take less

#2824 Raoul Duke

Raoul Duke

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 9,017 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 06:37 PM

The main reason why I can live with WW walking.

Kershaw_zps0cb5a848.jpg

#2825 canuckbeliever

canuckbeliever

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,900 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 07:25 PM

The main reason why I can live with WW walking.

Still a 1000 yard receiver who did it with brady and without. Call me crazy but Id rather have the proven 1000 yeard receiver over the unproven injury prone Amendola. Luckily for my team, they do have Welker now

#2826 canuckbeliever

canuckbeliever

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,900 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 07:47 PM

Adam Schefter@AdamSchefter

Broncos reached agreement on a one-year deal with former Eagles CB Dominque Rodgers-Cromartie.

BOOM. Another solid signing

#2827 Raoul Duke

Raoul Duke

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 9,017 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 08:53 PM

Still a 1000 yard receiver who did it with brady and without. Call me crazy but Id rather have the proven 1000 yeard receiver over the unproven injury prone Amendola. Luckily for my team, they do have Welker now

Zero rings since Welker came to NE. Coincidence?

For real though, gonna be damn tough to replace those stats.

Kershaw_zps0cb5a848.jpg

#2828 canuckbeliever

canuckbeliever

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,900 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 09:11 PM

Zero rings since Welker came to NE. Coincidence?

For real though, gonna be damn tough to replace those stats.

I dont know if thats a troll sentence or being truthfu haha

#2829 CanuckofSteel

CanuckofSteel

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,041 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 10:39 PM

LaRon Landry signs with Colts
Rich Cimini
ESPNNewYork.com | March 13, 2013
The free-agent defections keep coming for the New York Jets. The latest is Pro Bowl safety LaRon Landry, who signed Wednesday night with the Indianapolis Colts.

The deal, first reported by CBS Sports, is a four-year, $24 million contract and includes $14 million in guarantees, according to a league source.

slo802.jpg

Thanks for the sweet sig Justdean10

#2830 CanuckofSteel

CanuckofSteel

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,041 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 10:40 PM

Jets, Bucs in stare down over Revis
Rich Cimini
ESPNNewYork.com | March 13, 2013
The Tampa Bay Buccaneers are refusing to surrender their 2013 first-round draft pick (13th overall) to acquire New York Jets cornerback Darrelle Revis, according to a Yahoo! Sports report.

The Bucs, however, might be willing to trade their first-rounder in 2014, the report said.

Jets general manager John Idzik is willing to wait until next month's draft, perhaps longer, before pulling the trigger on a Revis deal, sources said. But a soft deadline is approaching. If Revis is on the Jets' roster on Saturday, he earns a $1 million roster bonus.

slo802.jpg

#2831 CanuckofSteel

CanuckofSteel

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,041 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 10:44 PM

As a Patriots fan it sucks losing Pat Chung and Wes Welker. I remember hearing rumours of Ed Reed possibly going to the Patriots after the Pats were eliminated out of the playoffs, hopefully that comes true.

Greg Jennings is still out there, I would love for him to come to New England but it most likely won't happen.

Really happy about how the Seahawks have made their so much better, I will also be rooting them on. Hopefully we see a Patriots vs Seahawks Super Bowl!

slo802.jpg

#2832 Chip Kelly

Chip Kelly

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,338 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 01:07 AM

Ravens have been forced to completely gut the roster. Pollard had to be cut and Reed might not be back either. They have huge holes on defence that will be tough to fill in the draft alone. How can you replace two hall of famers in the same off-season?

Boldin is gonna be a nice fit with the 49ers and Ed Reed should consider them too since Goldson is gone. I'm sure Frank Gore will try to convince him to join him and have another shot at the Super Bowl.

49ers and Seahawks look like the best teams in the NFC next year. On paper they are both rock solid. San fran just needs to replace Goldson and they will be Super Bowl contenders again.

Eagles flying under the radar they are reshaping the whole secondary this off-season. DRC and Nnamdi both gone.

Fletcher from St.Louis seems solid at least as a nickel slot guy maybe even a starter.

What can you Patriots fans tell me about Patrick Chung? Can he play Free Safety or is he limited to in the box?

I'm still hoping the Eagles make a serious run at Sean Smith or Bernard Pollard they really need physical players on defense especially the secondary who can tackle.

I really hope they are not done yet and go after one big name that can help them now and in the future.

One thing is clear though, Chip Kelly covets versatility in all of his players. Eagles are really trying to bring in hardworking character guys. They have tried to stay away from getting into bidding wars over the big names.

Greg Jennings if they could get him would be a great fit and be a veteran leader to guys like Maclin and Jackson to teach them how to be a true pro. Not to mention he would fit very well in the slot in Chip Kelly's offence with his YAC ability.

Edited by Terry Crews, 14 March 2013 - 01:19 AM.

fyo3s9.jpg

Credit to Mr.DirtyDangles for the find and Twilight Sparkle for making a sick siggy!

#2833 NucksPatsFan

NucksPatsFan

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 9,809 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 08:20 AM

Ravens have been forced to completely gut the roster. Pollard had to be cut and Reed might not be back either. They have huge holes on defence that will be tough to fill in the draft alone. How can you replace two hall of famers in the same off-season?

Boldin is gonna be a nice fit with the 49ers and Ed Reed should consider them too since Goldson is gone. I'm sure Frank Gore will try to convince him to join him and have another shot at the Super Bowl.

49ers and Seahawks look like the best teams in the NFC next year. On paper they are both rock solid. San fran just needs to replace Goldson and they will be Super Bowl contenders again.

Eagles flying under the radar they are reshaping the whole secondary this off-season. DRC and Nnamdi both gone.

Fletcher from St.Louis seems solid at least as a nickel slot guy maybe even a starter.

What can you Patriots fans tell me about Patrick Chung? Can he play Free Safety or is he limited to in the box?

I'm still hoping the Eagles make a serious run at Sean Smith or Bernard Pollard they really need physical players on defense especially the secondary who can tackle.

I really hope they are not done yet and go after one big name that can help them now and in the future.

One thing is clear though, Chip Kelly covets versatility in all of his players. Eagles are really trying to bring in hardworking character guys. They have tried to stay away from getting into bidding wars over the big names.

Greg Jennings if they could get him would be a great fit and be a veteran leader to guys like Maclin and Jackson to teach them how to be a true pro. Not to mention he would fit very well in the slot in Chip Kelly's offence with his YAC ability.

more hype than skill. coming out of the draft Pats fans expected him to be a top notch starting safety but he battled a lot of injuries and wasn't consistant. Gave up too many big plays. He was however a big hitter and he's great at stopping the run.

Swap Byron Leftwich and Tom Brady's situations. Today Brady would be a UFA or on the Roughriders practice roster, Byron Leftwich would have 100 more wins than losses.

"Spirituality, faith and democracy are the corner stones of our country. We are all Patriots. And tonight, the Patriots are World Champions." -Robert Kraft

#2834 GodzillaDeuce

GodzillaDeuce

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,123 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 09:09 AM

Greg Jennings is still out there, I would love for him to come to New England but it most likely won't happen.

ugh, he's visiting with the Vikings today.

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter
And it's on: Packers free-agent WR Greg Jennings is visiting today with...the Minnesota Vikings

I'd be happy if he went anywhere BUT Minnesota

well I'm sorry that gd is soo perfect

#2835 Raoul Duke

Raoul Duke

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 9,017 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 09:52 AM

Amen-DOOOOOOOOLA... stay healthy please.

Kershaw_zps0cb5a848.jpg

#2836 Madness

Madness

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 9,566 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 01:25 PM

Saints have signed Keenan Lewis. I like the move.

Would like to bring in Victor Butler as well

Edited by Madness, 14 March 2013 - 01:27 PM.

We All Go a Little Mad Sometimes

cookie.png

#2837 canuckbeliever

canuckbeliever

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,900 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 01:33 PM

Steven Jackson to Atlanta. Really wanted him in denver :(

#2838 JollyJet

JollyJet

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 136 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 08:20 PM

Amen-DOOOOOOOOLA... stay healthy please.

Glad they didn't re-sign Welker or sign Wallace (which I would have done). Although the Jets will likely blow chunks next year ... suck for Manziel!!

#2839 NucksPatsFan

NucksPatsFan

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 9,809 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 08:27 PM

John Abraham and Adrian Wilson scheduled to meet with the Pats tomorrow, arrived in Foxboro tonight. Thank god something is being done for the defensive side. Abraham, Wilfork, Jones, Ninkovich would be a great front 4, or drop Abraham to olb to run a 3-4

#2840 NucksPatsFan

NucksPatsFan

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 9,809 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 09:35 AM

add dwight freeney to the list of free agents visiting the Pats today. Patriots also expected to sign emmanuel sanders to an offer sheet, the steelers who are handcuffed by the salary cap aren't expected to be able to match. Pats will lose a 3rd round pick.

#2841 canuckbeliever

canuckbeliever

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,900 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 01:15 PM

99% convinced john elway is god. gets manning last yr, welker this yr gets his star defensive player to take a sizeable pay cut. hes doing what bellicheck did in the 2000s but in my opinion even better.

2 yrs ago this team had no qb and was 8-8 team. Now it is the favorite to win the super bowll.

Elway and the GM in seattle are a cut above any execs/roster managers out there

#2842 gmen81

gmen81

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,756 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 01:35 PM

99% convinced john elway is god. gets manning last yr, welker this yr gets his star defensive player to take a sizeable pay cut. hes doing what bellicheck did in the 2000s but in my opinion even better.

2 yrs ago this team had no qb and was 8-8 team. Now it is the favorite to win the super bowll.

Favorite??

You guys remember who your QB is right? Mr choke artist himself.

Edit: oh and Elway didn't file the Dumervil in time so he is released.

Edited by Bob Corkum, 15 March 2013 - 01:41 PM.

Posted Image

#2843 Apple Juice

Apple Juice

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,068 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 01:47 PM

I've heard strong rumours that the Pats have offered their 1st round pick to the Jets for Darrelle Revis and the Jets are thinking extremely hard on it.. If it is true, and I do trust this source as he's broken numerous free agent signings days before they were even announced, then that'll be a great move for the Pats! Even if we do lose a 1st

And last year, he broke news that Manning was going to the Broncos two days before the official announcement was made to mainstream media...

pic.twitter.com/GhiWOBXv85

Edited by Apple Juice, 15 March 2013 - 01:52 PM.

#2844 Apple Juice

Apple Juice

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,068 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 04:19 PM

Greg Jennings is now with the Minnesota Vikings

#2845 NucksPatsFan

NucksPatsFan

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 9,809 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 09:47 PM

I've heard strong rumours that the Pats have offered their 1st round pick to the Jets for Darrelle Revis and the Jets are thinking extremely hard on it.. If it is true, and I do trust this source as he's broken numerous free agent signings days before they were even announced, then that'll be a great move for the Pats! Even if we do lose a 1st

And last year, he broke news that Manning was going to the Broncos two days before the official announcement was made to mainstream media...

pic.twitter.com/GhiWOBXv85

An espn analyst tweeted out earlier this afternoon that rumblings around the office are that the Patriots are looking to close a big blockbuster trade

#2846 NucksPatsFan

NucksPatsFan

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 9,809 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 09:50 PM

Elway threw money at manning and he could have easily chosen san francisco but knew he wouldn't have to "battle" for the starting job in Denver even though he wouldn't really have been "battling" vs alex smith in SF.

Welker gave the Patriots the chance to match Denver's measley offer of 6 mill which is nothing for a guy like him but the Patriots wanted to let the aging receiver go and go for the younger guy. Again, Belichick could have easily been like 6 million? hell yeah that's a steal and bam Welker stays in New England.

Dumervil is released by the Broncos.

So all together, there easily could be no manning, no welker, and no dumervil in Denver but the cards just fell into place. It's not like he was a genius for finding a way to make an offer to a guy knowing damn well that guy's previous team can't afford to match it therefore he gets the player ... *cough* like Belichick is doing with emmanuel sanders *cough* ;)

Denver will be beastly next year

#2847 NucksPatsFan

NucksPatsFan

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 9,809 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 10:10 PM

Wes Welker came to the Patriots at the age of 26 or 27 from the Dolphins as practically a nobody. He had 29 receptions for 400 yards followed by 67 receptions for 680 yards before coming to the Patriots, finding Brady, and taking off.

Amendola comes to the Patriots at the age of 27. His last two full seasons he had 689 and 666 catches, while in 2011 he only played 1 game due to injury. These two guys are eerily identicle in playing style, and their backgrounds before coming to the Patriots.

The difference is Amendola has shown he can line up wide and run a go or seam route.

Because of where Welker came from and what he was, and then what he became after uniting with Brady, I'm going to give Amendola the benefit of the doubt that he will hit the ground running in New England until he shows otherwise

#2848 Chip Kelly

Chip Kelly

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,338 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 10:56 PM

more hype than skill. coming out of the draft Pats fans expected him to be a top notch starting safety but he battled a lot of injuries and wasn't consistant. Gave up too many big plays. He was however a big hitter and he's great at stopping the run.

I'll take a guy who is a good hitter. Maybe Chip Kelly as his college coach feels he can get the best out of out of him. Eagles also signed Kenny Phillips from the Giants. Pretty much low risk high reward moves.

John Abraham and Adrian Wilson scheduled to meet with the Pats tomorrow, arrived in Foxboro tonight. Thank god something is being done for the defensive side. Abraham, Wilfork, Jones, Ninkovich would be a great front 4, or drop Abraham to olb to run a 3-4

Emmanuel Sanders was overshadowed with the Steelers because of Mike Wallace and Antonio Brown. He could be the outside vertical threat the Patriots are lacking plus he is a great punt returner.

Looks like Steelers will be drafting 2 wide receivers early in the draft this year to replace Wallace and Sanders.

Edited by Terry Crews, 15 March 2013 - 10:56 PM.

fyo3s9.jpg

Credit to Mr.DirtyDangles for the find and Twilight Sparkle for making a sick siggy!

#2849 Apple Juice

Apple Juice

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,068 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 11:53 PM

I'll take a guy who is a good hitter. Maybe Chip Kelly as his college coach feels he can get the best out of out of him. Eagles also signed Kenny Phillips from the Giants. Pretty much low risk high reward moves.

Emmanuel Sanders was overshadowed with the Steelers because of Mike Wallace and Antonio Brown. He could be the outside vertical threat the Patriots are lacking plus he is a great punt returner.

Looks like Steelers will be drafting 2 wide receivers early in the draft this year to replace Wallace and Sanders.

We've desperately been looking for a guy who can run the deep routes with speed and catch the ball ever since we lost Randy Moss. Deion Branch and Brandon Lloyd are decent but we've been needing a deep threat for a long time...

#2850 CanuckofSteel

CanuckofSteel

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,041 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 03:23 PM

There goes Brandon Lloyd, but glad Adrian Wilson got signed!

Hopefully this means that Emmanuel Sanders is coming over!

Also really hope that the Patriots can sign both John Abraham and Dwight Freeney, but I will settle for one of them.

slo802.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.