The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NFL thread

Tony Romo

On 8/22/2019 at 7:27 PM, Grapefruits said:

Play an NFL pre season game in Winnipeg they said... it will be a success they said...

LOL! What a joke!

Did they not realize long ago about the goal posts potentially being an issue with the field?  Or even that no one would be interested seeing these 2 teams play with the ticket prices?  The place is just dead.

The only possible way I could see another NFL preseason game being a potential success would be to play the Seahawks at BC Place. Even then, tickets would have to be cheap.

The real joke is - the big bad tough NFL players were afraid to get hurt playing on a CFL field!  

Bunch of wimps.

• Cheers 2

13 minutes ago, gmen81 said:

uhh wow. 

Holy $&!#. He is quitting?

His Dad Oliver Luck is supposed to be Commissioner of the upcoming XFL.

Maybe he has a role there if he wants?

https://www.pff.com/news/pro-pff-rankings-nfl-starting-quarterback-rankings-for-2019

A top 5 qb talent just getting back from injury still in his qb prime.. a true shocker.

Sad farewell speech.  He retired because he's tired of the constant pain he's been in for years. 

I'll bet the Colts are now regretting their decision to never pay what it took to give him a proper o-line.  Click the Twitter broadcast link in the tweet if you want to watch his speech.

Edited by SabreFan1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Tre Mac said:

Crazy, he's a weird dude.

Definitely a strange dude, but up until last year, he always had mediocre or just bad o-lines.

His previous injuries in his short NFL career:

Partially torn abdomen, lacerated kidney, torn cartilage in a couple of ribs, torn labrum, concussions, and whatever else went unreported.

Then through the entire offseason, his current ankle and calf injuries haven't been healing.

• Cheers 1

12 hours ago, Tre Mac said:

Crazy, he's a weird dude.

Because he's sick of the injury, recover, injury, recover cycle? 

Sometimes you have to listen to your body, before something really goes bad like a second concussion. 

Better to go out on your own terms, than be crippled for life in retirement. 

Edited by Ghostsof1915
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

57 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Because he's sick fo the injury, recover, injury, recover cycle? 

Sometimes you have to listen to your body, before something really goes bad like a second concussion. 

Better to go out on your own terms, than be crippled for life in retirement. 

I'll almost guarantee that every starting NFL QB has had multiple concussions.  We only hear about the ones that are bad enough to take them out of games.

Gisele Bundchen caused an uproar because 2 or 3 years ago she all but said that Tom Brady has had multiple unreported concussions.

9 minutes ago, Tre Mac said:

Watch the Colts get Trevor Lawrence.

Only if they end up plummeting in the standings.  Between Brissett and Kelly, I don't think the Colts will be bad enough to lose enough games especially now that they have a good o-line (that was ironically finally put together to protect Luck).

17 minutes ago, SabreFan1 said:

Only if they end up plummeting in the standings.  Between Brissett and Kelly, I don't think the Colts will be bad enough to lose enough games especially now that they have a good o-line (that was ironically finally put together to protect Luck).

Trevor Lawrence is not draft eligible until 2021.

The top 2 QBs of the 2020 class are Tua Tagovailoa the Alabama stud and Justin Herbert from Oregon.

• Cheers 1

4 hours ago, SabreFan1 said:

The Colts fans boo'd Andrew Luck off the field.

Stay classy Indianapolis.

It was bad timing to have the news break during the game. He basically screwed the Colts out of a playoff spot in a weak division this year.

It was an honest emotional response by the fans.

In a sense your best and current franchise player gave up on the team.

Even if his reasons are valid to announce this only 2 weeks before the season is pretty jarring from a fan standpoint.

7 hours ago, SabreFan1 said:

The Colts only got just under 5 1/2 regular seasons worth of games out of him.  Ouch...

Capture.PNG

Waited too long to finally get Luck an offensive line but it’s too late. Devastating for Colts fans sure, but absolutely the right move on Luck’s part. Health over a game always. 

Edited by Pears
typo
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Chip Kelly said:

Trevor Lawrence is not draft eligible until 2021.

The top 2 QBs of the 2020 class are Tua Tagovailoa the Alabama stud and Justin Herbert from Oregon.

I know.  I've been watching Skip Bayless on YouTube clips complain about the NFL draft rules ever since Clemson beat Alabama.

I'm curious if Lawrence will stay in school or make money in the XFL.  I'm guessing he'll stay with Clemson.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Chip Kelly said:

It was bad timing to have the news break during the game. He basically screwed the Colts out of a playoff spot in a weak division this year.

It was an honest emotional response by the fans.

In a sense your best and current franchise player gave up on the team.

Even if his reasons are valid to announce this only 2 weeks before the season is pretty jarring from a fan standpoint.

No excuse in my opinion.  There were even some Indy fans on social media embarrassed that it happened.

• Cheers 1