The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NFL thread

Tony Romo

3 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

Wtf is this crap halftime video. Not sure I want my kids sitting here listening to this crap with family in middle of watching an NFL game. 

I'm a rap fan, and I didn't like it either.  They're trying to hard to get the people in their 20's and it's just laughably bad.

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, WHL rocks said:

Wtf is this crap halftime video. Not sure I want my kids sitting here listening to this crap with family in middle of watching an NFL game. 

12 hours ago, King Heffy said:

I'm a rap fan, and I didn't like it either.  They're trying to hard to get the people in their 20's and it's just laughably bad.

That was hilariously awful but I did enjoy that one dude dancing/swaying along side the car, I want those moves.  I recognized the song from this years madden soundtrack.  

Saints/Texans was a good game, finally.  

• Cheers 2

Might be a dumb question because fairly new to the nfl and it rules. In the saints vs texans game the last play before the game winning field. When Brees threw to Genn jr what would of happened if the db waited 2 seconds to touch Genn Jr. The clock keeps going until he gets touched or tackled again right? Seems to me thats the smart thing to do and I thought that's why they were playing so deep in a cover 3.

40 minutes ago, milk and honey said:

Might be a dumb question because fairly new to the nfl and it rules. In the saints vs texans game the last play before the game winning field. When Brees threw to Genn jr what would of happened if the db waited 2 seconds to touch Genn Jr. The clock keeps going until he gets touched or tackled again right? Seems to me thats the smart thing to do and I thought that's why they were playing so deep in a cover 3.

He gave himself up.

3 hours ago, milk and honey said:

The Saints called their final time out, that’s why the clock stopped. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, milk and honey said:

Sorry what do you mean by this?

An official shall declare the ball dead and the down ended:

1. when a runner is contacted by an opponent and touches the ground with any part of his body other than his hands or feet. The ball is dead the instant the runner touches the ground. A runner touching the ground with his hands or feet while in the grasp of an opponent may continue to advance; or

Note: If, after contact by an opponent, any part of a runner’s leg above the ankle or any part of his arm above the wrist touches the ground, the runner is down.

2. when a runner is held or otherwise restrained so that his forward progress ends.
  3. when a quarterback immediately drops to his knee (or simulates dropping to his knee) behind the line of scrimmage.

Note: If a quarterback does not immediately drop to a knee, and contact from a rushing defender is unavoidable, it is not a foul unless the defender commits some other act that would constitute unnecessary roughness.

4. when a runner declares himself down by:
    1. falling to the ground, or kneeling, and clearly making no immediate effort to advance.
    2. sliding feet-first on the ground. When a runner slides feet-first, the ball is dead the instant he touches the ground with anything other than his hands or his feet.

Notes:

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Pears said:

Do I wanna know?

God twitter makes me feel so old and out of it.  I am starring at it for 5min before I realized the eyes, and I sure those emoji thingies have extra meanings.  I doubt he comes out of retirement, dude has lost a lot of weight.  Maybe he was watching the T.J. Hockenson highlights lol, his heir apparent. 

59 minutes ago, Tre Mac said:

God twitter makes me feel so old and out of it.  I am starring at it for 5min before I realized the eyes, and I sure those emoji thingies have extra meanings.  I doubt he comes out of retirement, dude has lost a lot of weight.  Maybe he was watching the T.J. Hockenson highlights lol, his heir apparent. 

He's only been retired since the last super bowl game. So he's missed 1 game. He was pictured with Kraft cpl days ago and looks to be in tremendous shape. 

I think he comes back towards end of regular season. Maybe week 10 to week 14.

He needs to rest his body and come back for another super bowl run. No need to put his body thru punishment in regular season. 

5 hours ago, milk and honey said:

Pretty much a player safety issue. When player goes down refs blow whistle as player gave him self up. 

You notice with QB a lot. He'll run and slide. 

Its so player gives him self up doesn't take a hard hit while on the ground. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, WHL rocks said:

He's only been retired since the last super bowl game. So he's missed 1 game. He was pictured with Kraft cpl days ago and looks to be in tremendous shape. 

I think he comes back towards end of regular season. Maybe week 10 to week 14.

He needs to rest his body and come back for another super bowl run. No need to put his body thru punishment in regular season. 

He looks like a retired ex NFL player they get leaner or fatter once they come off the roids er "supplements" and don't have to worry about maintaining their unnatural "playing weight".

Witten I understand the rationale coming back, even Andrew Luck if he decided to do so in 3-5 years.

Gronkowski has plenty of Super Bowls already. Not too mention he didn't blow his money.

Why would he come back?

After watching all the AFC teams, I can safely say there is no threat to the Patriots barring any major injuries.

The closest team who might give them a run are the Chiefs that's literally it.

If you are a fan of an AFC team your hopes of a Super Bowl are already over...