The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NFL thread

Tony Romo

39 minutes ago, Chip Kelly said:

He looks like a retired ex NFL player they get leaner or fatter once they come off the roids er "supplements" and don't have to worry about maintaining their unnatural "playing weight".

Witten I understand the rationale coming back, even Andrew Luck if he decided to do so in 3-5 years.

Gronkowski has plenty of Super Bowls already. Not too mention he didn't blow his money.

Why would he come back?

After watching all the AFC teams, I can safely say there is no threat to the Patriots barring any major injuries.

The closest team who might give them a run are the Chiefs that's literally it.

If you are a fan of an AFC team your hopes of a Super Bowl are already over...

Only way Pats falter is if either age or injuries catch up with Brady finally.  I like Stidham a lot as a prospect but I can't imagine Pats fans being thrilled at the thought of their championship hopes riding on his shoulders this year.

8 minutes ago, Pears said:

All of this nonsense topped off with multiple sexual assault/rape accusations. I have no words. 

His IQ is lower than his jersey number.  What a moron.

Burning the bridge with Big Ben is going to cost him; he would be a valuable resource to lean on regarding beating a rape charge.

Edited by King Heffy
  • Cheers 1

1 hour ago, NucksPatsFan said:

Lots of holes in her story. 

I’m not defending Brown, I wouldn’t put this past him, nor has he played a single snap for us, but based on the timeline sounds like this was her last resort to pay back 300k to the IRS (I’ll regret saying this if it turns out to be true) 

30254E6A-8AFB-42A9-B1F5-A92D8089F647.jpeg

It's pretty clear you'll defend any patriot nomatter the scenario so long as they're currently employed by your team. So no suprises here. 

• Wat 1

2 hours ago, 73 Percent said:

It's pretty clear you'll defend any patriot nomatter the scenario so long as they're currently employed by your team. So no suprises here. 

and it’s pretty clear you’ll believe any rumor or accusation before the word investigation is even said in any matter involving the Patriots , so no surprise here. 

You should be a lawyer. 

“Your honor this person is guilty. I have no proof nor can I provide any, and yes I understand the investigation to try and find any has just started 5 minutes ago, but because this person is affiliated with the Patriots in even the slightest capacity, he’s guilty. Yes I understand her story doesn’t check out and that the timeline works against her but your honor I’d like you to dismiss that because I don’t like that”

What does A. Brown allegations have to do with the Pats?  Guy hasn't even taking a snap yet, if he's guilty it's a league issue if not than you'll have to find another reason to whine about them.  Guy is a certified nutjob but that seems par for the course lately in this sport.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, 73 Percent said:

I've actually got to side with him even though he would be laughing about it and not caring if AB were on a different team.

As a divisional rival, it's in my team's best interest that Antonio Brown gets dumped by the Patriots.  That said, this is looking pretty weak.  Instead of going to the cops and looking for justice, she goes straight for his pocket waaaay after the fact.  Now if she goes to the cops it will just look like she's trying to bolster public opinion in her favor.

Since Drew Rosenhaus already knew this was possibly going to happen, she must have already made some demands for money in private.

I have a feeling that the Patriots might just waive him and eat the $9 million he was guaranteed in the cap hit.  If any team can do it without it hurting, it's them.

• Cheers 1

You know, I was just thinking, how much I appreciate seeing people out and about this time of year, wearing their favourite NFL team hat or t-shirt etc. Except when it's a so-called Patriots fan. Every time I see a person wearing a Pats hat, for example, I chuckle, because I know it's probably unlikely that person has a clue who Drew Bledsoe is lol More likely a typical band-wagon jumper, Brady-lover, wanting to be a part of the SB celebrations, cheering for the best team. lol

I love seeing fans wearing a less-popular team items, maybe someone wearing a Dolphins or Bills hat. Now those are real fans.  

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Tre Mac said:

What does A. Brown allegations have to do with the Pats?  Guy hasn't even taking a snap yet, if he's guilty it's a league issue if not than you'll have to find another reason to whine about them.  Guy is a certified nutjob but that seems par for the course lately in this sport.

To be fair you acquire the player, you acquire his problems. Lets not forget the Pats traded for Haynesworth while he was being charged with sexual assault pleading no contest... 

And just as anyone shouldn't jump the gun saying Brown is guilty, I think some should ease up on “poking holes” in her story and calling it a false claim. It is far too soon for anyone to jump to any conclusions here.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

To be fair you acquire the player, you acquire his problems. Lets not forget the Pats traded for Haynesworth while he was being charged with sexual assault pleading no contest... 

And just as anyone shouldn't jump the gun saying Brown is guilty, I think some should ease up on “poking holes” in her story and calling it a false claim. It is far too soon for anyone to jump to any conclusions here.

I get all that, I just think on this board alone the reaction would be drastically different if Brown wasn't on the pats.