The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NFL thread

Tony Romo

10 hours ago, Alflives said:

Isn’t this a civil case?  I think so.  Then the lady is after money only, right?  This would be a criminal case if the evidence supported the burden of proof needed to convict.  The civil trial is only preponderance of evidence.  It’s a much lower standard of proof.  I can certainly see why AB’s representative said this is a “cash grab”.  Sure AB could be guilty as heck, but why is (or was) there not a criminal trial?  

A criminal trial won’t help pay the IRS debts 

13 hours ago, SabreFan1 said:

Rosenhaus may also figure that he has more to gain than lose.  Defamation without actual immediate economic damage might cost him $150-200k.  Less if she's willing to settle instead of dragging defamation into a long trial.

On the flip side, he's showing to any and all prospective clients that he will go to bat for them like he is with Brown.  That's potentially worth millions to him.

As for Brown's reputation, it's trashed whether he's innocent or guilty.  Just look at Big Ben in Pittsburgh.  If he's going to pay now, it will be to get her to sign an NDA to stop talking about it and not testify in any future criminal investigation started by a District Attorney.

Good point. Didn’t think of the angle of prospective clients seeing this guy will support you no matter what being worth millions. Makes sense. 

• Cheers 1

It definitely seems like there is some truth to what this woman is saying about Antonio Brown but it appears she was using him for money and it backfired. I mean the guy rubs one out on your back and you then decide to go to strip clubs with him and then decide afterward to go back to his house when he is possibly inebriated...  Then to not go to the police and then to go straight for money... It seems like she got some bad advice unless the advice was to try and get a quick payout to keep her quiet. 

Ever since I've read some of the rants Brown has had on twitter/instagram and I just can't understand how someone can be so stupid and then so talented at football. The things that he writes are just completely idiotic. All I can think of is he must be getting paid 7 figures from twitter and instagram to post these things. That is the only thing that would make any sense. 

• Cheers 1

On 9/11/2019 at 10:05 PM, Chip Kelly said:

I think I remember you hopping on the Patriots bandwagon too...

Supporting the Patriots is a moral dilemma on all levels.

Not at all - been cheering them on almost as long as I have the Canucks - mid 70's.

The only "moral" dilemma us long time fans have is how to deal with haterz - you know - ones that don't actually cheer (or very limited) for a team but hate on others.

Edited by Heretic
  • Upvote 1

9 hours ago, peaches5 said:

It definitely seems like there is some truth to what this woman is saying about Antonio Brown but it appears she was using him for money and it backfired. I mean the guy rubs one out on your back and you then decide to go to strip clubs with him and then decide afterward to go back to his house when he is possibly inebriated...  Then to not go to the police and then to go straight for money... It seems like she got some bad advice unless the advice was to try and get a quick payout to keep her quiet. 

Ever since I've read some of the rants Brown has had on twitter/instagram and I just can't understand how someone can be so stupid and then so talented at football. The things that he writes are just completely idiotic. All I can think of is he must be getting paid 7 figures from twitter and instagram to post these things. That is the only thing that would make any sense. 

Yup just like many players in the league who get caught drinking and driving and yet can't afford a cab when they make millions and millions of dollars

9 hours ago, Heretic said:

Not at all - been cheering them on almost as long as I have the Canucks - mid 70's.

The only "moral" dilemma as long time fans have is how to deal with haterz - you know - ones that don't actually cheer (or very limited) for a team but hate on others.

Keep burying your head in the sand...

You seem to not care about anything other than wins and losses like the fact your team owner is a gigantic P.O.S.

Edited by Chip Kelly

2 hours ago, Chip Kelly said:

Keep burying your head in the sand...

You seem to not care about anything other than wins and losses like the fact your team owner is a gigantic P.O.S.

Keep hating - that's all you seem to "care" about.

• Upvote 1

Minkah Fitzpatrick available. Git'r done GMJS. Offer up 1 of our 2nds this year. Play Minkah at free safety on early downs, then in the slot on passing downs. He is such a versatile player. He tackles well, he can cover, and is a smart football player from a winning program.

13 minutes ago, Pears said:

Yea. As much as I hate AB this was an extremely convenient time to make these accusations. 

Only her and Antonio Brown know the real truth, but her story just stinks more as time goes on. 

He's a nutjob and so far she seems to be desperate for money any way she can get it. 

Even if he did only one of the creepy things that she's accusing him of and didn't rape her, he would be smart to just pay her to go away at this point.  Pay her 500k.  That's enough to pay off the IRS and to restart her business.

• Cheers 2