The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NFL thread

Tony Romo

The 2 point convert ultimately lost us the game.  No way does Chicago go for it on 4th down if the game had been tied.

Mason Rudolph looked like a stud in relief today.  Was choked when the Broncos passed on him; Big Ben is going to be lucky to get his job back.

Edited by King Heffy

Embarrassing to lose to the Falcons, but a dropped pass away from winning, despite our top 2 wrs being injured. 

That said, it's still early and it's Wentz's 2nd game, so he's still got some gelling to do (hopefully the injuries aren't too big).

On 9/13/2019 at 3:15 PM, Van40 said:

Still think Cam is one of the top 10 qbs in the league but he's not the same athletically. He peaked in 15' and I'm glad I got to see that dual threat monster in his prime.

One thing is hate is how he's always playing hurt and gets criticized for doing so. 

The over analysis that goes into Newton's game as opposed to guys like Rivers, Stafford, or even Goff is funny to me. We all know why that happens. 

Ive watched both his games so far and the criticism is very fair. Cam is missing WIDE open throws that even Nathan Peterman would make. DJ Moore and Curtis Samuel have done a really good job getting open, but Cam can't hit them consistently. They need to keep giving it to McCaffrey and just keep the game plan simple, let your playmakers get the ball.

12 hours ago, Pears said:

The two areas that 100% need to be torn down are the offensive line and linebackers

We’ve been trying to, but he can’t do much either right now. 

Is the O-line the problem? if so how bad is it? Mixon or Bernard can't get anything going and yet Dalton has looked pretty decent for the most part the last few games

Wilson with two great games to start the season.

Week 1: 14/20, 195 Yds, 2 TD, 0 Int, 134.4 Rating

Week 2: 29/35, 300 Yds, 3 TD, 0 Int, 131.0 Rating

Also credit where it's due, Schottenheimer made the right adjustments in the second half.

First time Hawks start 2-0 since 2013.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Lateralus91 said:

Wilson with two great games to start the season.

Week 1: 14/20, 195 Yds, 2 TD, 0 Int, 134.4 Rating

Week 2: 29/35, 300 Yds, 3 TD, 0 Int, 131.0 Rating

Also credit where it's due, Schottenheimer made the right adjustments in the second half.

First time Hawks start 2-0 since 2013.

We all know how that season ended:wub:

9 hours ago, filthycanuck said:

Is the O-line the problem? if so how bad is it? Mixon or Bernard can't get anything going and yet Dalton has looked pretty decent for the most part the last few games

Yea Andy has been surprisingly good without AJ so far, but I lost track of how many times 49ers defenders were in the backfield just as Mixon or Bernard were getting the ball. There was even a play where Mixon just didn’t even bother running because the line can’t hold a block for longer than half a second. 

27 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

So, NE and DAL in the Superbowl? (yaaaaawn)

NE has to go through Mahomes. He figured them out in the last quarter they played and I've a feeling he is going to be very good the next time they meet. Tom Brady will have to have the game of his life to beat Mahomes. I have never seen a QB be so accurate on his deep throws... He is right on the money every damn time.

2 hours ago, Tre Mac said:

Rapelisburger out for the year

Now we get to see if Mason Rudolph is good.  I had a decent opinion of him coming into the '18 draft so now we'll see if he can flourish with a decent team around him.  If he can, Big Ben will be out of a job in Pittsburgh.

• Upvote 1

Just now, peaches5 said:

NE has to go through Mahomes. He figured them out in the last quarter they played and I've a feeling he is going to be very good the next time they meet. Tom Brady will have to have the game of his life to beat Mahomes. I have never seen a QB be so accurate on his deep throws... He is right on the money every damn time.

Antonio Brown will be the difference maker if he isn't suspended when the two teams meet.