The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NFL thread

Tony Romo

@debluvscanucks

This is just another thing that confirms the opinions of Antonio Brown that he's crazy and can be a dirtbag, but I'm curious as to how you would have reacted.  A guy hires you for a job in his house and walks up to you almost completely nude (has a small towel over his privates). 

I have a semi-similar story.  When I was 20 I was playing poker with a dude who purposely came out of a room in cutoff shorts and let his privates hang out on one side and I just got up and left and never talked to him again. 

I didn't consider it a violation but I was very annoyed and irritated and not just because I'm a bit homophobic and very straight.  It was a tacky and ridiculously stupid thing to do.

I'm curious on a woman's honest perspective.  The one in this story basically ignored his near-nudity and just finished her painting.

From a new SI article:

“I’m on my knees painting the [mural], and he walks up to me butt-ass naked, with a hand cloth covering his [penis] and starts having a conversation with me,” the woman told Klemko. “Unfortunately, I’ve been tried [by men] a lot of times, so I just kept my cool and kept painting. After that, it all ended abruptly.”

Violation or not a violation?

33 minutes ago, peaches5 said:

NE has to go through Mahomes. He figured them out in the last quarter they played and I've a feeling he is going to be very good the next time they meet. Tom Brady will have to have the game of his life to beat Mahomes. I have never seen a QB be so accurate on his deep throws... He is right on the money every damn time.

The Chiefs would have beat them last year if they were allowed to hit Brady. 

33 minutes ago, SabreFan1 said:

Now we get to see if Mason Rudolph is good.  I had a decent opinion of him coming into the '18 draft so now we'll see if he can flourish with a decent team around him.  If he can, Big Ben will be out of a job in Pittsburgh.

I did too, to the point I would have taken him over some guys who went in the first round.  He has chemistry already with Washington from his college days too.

I'd be very surprised to see Big Ben back in Pittsburgh next year.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

I did too, to the point I would have taken him over some guys who went in the first round.  He has chemistry already with Washington from his college days too.

I'd be very surprised to see Big Ben back in Pittsburgh next year.

It all depends on how well Rudolph plays.

1 hour ago, SabreFan1 said:

It all depends on how well Rudolph plays.

Definitely, was more implying I think Rudolph will do well.  Apparently he's been working ridiculously hard as a backup.  We'll find out, but I was mad at Elway for not taking him.

Best outcome possible is something similar to how Romo's career ended.

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

Definitely, was more implying I think Rudolph will do well.  Apparently he's been working ridiculously hard as a backup.  We'll find out, but I was mad at Elway for not taking him.

Really?  I'm starting to think that Elway has a plan to make sure he's the undisputed king of Denver QBs until the day he's dead and buried. 

It seems to be the only explanation on why he's so bad at evaluating the position he once excelled in during his playing days.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, SabreFan1 said:

What a jackass.  His team starts losing and he wants to bail on all of his teammates.

I don’t like people who want out when it gets tough but hey I wouldn’t be mad at having Ramsey and Jackson as a lockdown duo for the next half decade ;)

2 minutes ago, Pears said:

I don’t like people who want out when it gets tough but hey I wouldn’t be mad at having Ramsey and Jackson as a lockdown duo for the next half decade ;)

Cincy's owner is too cheap to pony up the cash for multiple stars...  It's one of the reasons why I regularly feel so bad for Bengals fans.

I won't be feeling bad though on Sunday when the Bills give the Bengals a Mollywhopping at New Era Field!!

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, peaches5 said:

Simian's ankle just snapped, damn.

Nasty his whole foot looked dislocated from his leg.

Yep.  Pity so see that happen; likeable guy just not a starting QB.  Still can't believe the Jets let him walk off.

Hopefully it's not as bad as it looks.

Edited by King Heffy

1 hour ago, Pears said:

Bold strategy trading your 1st being 0-2 and without a QB

Fitzpatrick is still young enough it's not terrible value unless it's top 5.  Hell of a vote of confidence for Rudolph, but he has the players around him to help take some pressure off himself.  Realistically Rapistburger's skills have been eroding, with him struggling on the road and getting pretty banged up consistently.  Pulling the bandaid off now likely is better than being forced to make the switch due to Big Ben not playing well or having a tough decision after a shorter term injury.

• Cheers 1