The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NFL thread

Tony Romo

3 hours ago, NucksPatsFan said:

Peters is so boom or bust though. He got exploited by Wilson so easily because he jumps routes all the time so they just ran the same routes at him with different wrinkles in it

He's No. 14 among CBs, per PFF. 

Ravens will have him playing more press man and having Earl Thomas back there will help out Peters a ton. 

He does gamble a bunch but he produces too. 

Plus he would really be our 3 best corner after Jimmy Smith gets back. I'm really excited about our potential secondary depth. 

NFL'S TRENT BROWNSUED FOR DOM. VIOLENCE'I'll Shoot Yo Ass in the F**king Head'

Oakland Raiders star Trent Brown -- the highest paid lineman in the NFL -- is being sued for allegedly beating the hell out of his girlfriend, who says he's a repeat attacker.

The woman behind the suit is Diorra Marzette-Sanders, who says she has a 9-month-old son with the 26-year-old.

According to her suit, Marzette-Sanders says Brown first got violent with her at a restaurant in 2018 ... slapping her face during a heated argument and leaving her mouth bloody and face bruised. She also claims he left her at the restaurant to find her own way home at 4 AM.

She noted Brown is 6'8" and 350 pounds and extremely strong.

Marzette-Sanders describes a 2019 incident where she told Brown she was going to leave with their son ... and he replied, "I'll shoot yo ass in the f*cking head before you walk out the door with my son."

Marzette-Sanders says Brown struck again in March 2019 ... "choking her out until she couldn't breathe" and leaving a "ring of bruises around her neck."

In April 2019, Marzette-Sanders says Brown slapped her in the face and punched her ribs.

She describes another violence incident in June 2019 where an argument over breakfast during physical and he allegedly slapped her in the face.

Marzette-Sanders says she finally called police and filed a report.

In her lawsuit, Marzette-Sanders says Brown would often hold finances over he head -- saying things to her like, "Follow instructions or you won't be homeless."

Marzette-Sanders isn't just suing for assault and battery -- she also claims Brown misled her about his intentions to marry her and start a family.

In other words, Marzette-Sanders claims Brown told her from the beginning that he would take care of her for life ... but he's since kicked her out of their home and cut her off.

She's suing for unspecified damages -- but since Brown is in the beginning or a 4-year $66 million contract with the Raiders, you can assume she's looking for a BIG check.

We reached out to Brown's camp for comment and the Raiders -- so far, no word back.

https://www.tmz.com/2019/10/16/trent-brown-oakland-raiders-domestic-violence-nfl-lawsuit/

If true it looks like Tom Brady just might get his old lineman back!

• Haha 1

So I was reading an article today about who the Patriots might try to trade for and I was interested to read that Antonio Brown was not cut by Belichick but Kraft. Both Brady and Belichick did not want Brown cut but Kraft axed him anyway. I liked how Kraft never mingled with the team, but in recent years he has been overruling Belichick. This must have to do with his own police investigation.. and trying to maker his public image look better.

The article was talking about if Antonio Brown might return as a Patriot. 

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/09/26/report-robert-kraft-decided-to-cut-antonio-brown-tom-brady-disagrees/

Patriots quarterback Tom Brady pointedly refused to reveal his personal feelings about the team’s decision to cut Antonio Brown, but behind the scenes he reportedly disagreed with it.

Tom E. Curran of NBCSportsBoston.com reports that Brady is not happy that Brown got cut, as Brady viewed Brown as a uniquely talented receiver who would make an enormous difference to the Patriots’ offense.

Patriots owner Robert Kraft made the decision to cut Brown, despite Brady’s disagreement, according to the report.

In fact, the report says that while Kraft was emphatic about cutting Brown after the publication of threatening texts from Brown to the woman who has accused him in a lawsuit of sexual assault, Patriots coach Bill Belichick probably would have kept Brown if it had been up to him.

Ordinarily Kraft delegates personnel decisions to Belichick, but this appears to be a rare — maybe even unprecedented — case of Kraft making the decision himself, without Brady and Belichick being on board.

Edited by peaches5

46 minutes ago, peaches5 said:

So I was reading an article today about who the Patriots might try to trade for and I was interested to read that Antonio Brown was not cut by Belichick but Kraft. Both Brady and Belichick did not want Brown cut but Kraft axed him anyway. I liked how Kraft never mingled with the team, but in recent years he has been overruling Belichick. This must have to do with his own police investigation.. and trying to maker his public image look better.

The article was talking about if Antonio Brown might return as a Patriot. 

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/09/26/report-robert-kraft-decided-to-cut-antonio-brown-tom-brady-disagrees/

Brady wanted AB. Belichick did not. While it was Kraft who cut him, both Mike Reiss and Jeff Howe, the 2 beat guys I trust the most, had been tweeting about their observations of BB's frustrations with not only AB himself (Instagram live video while at the facility working with trainers was a huge deal to BB), but how the conversations with media were only about AB's off-field issues. I think had the texts not happened, AB would still be a Patriot. 

There's a lot Kraft has been involved with that doesn't always seep out to the mainstream media. Kraft wanted Moss on the team initially, he wanted that name and brand power to come to New England while Kraft was still high on having just won 3/4 super bowls (very similar to how they just won 3 and went after a brand name receiver). 

I don't think AB comes back. The texts were too much. Innocent until proven guilty and I still, objectively, don't think he did what he's accused of, but texting your accusers like that and bringing photos of kids into it was just too past the line. 

On the rare chance he did come back, the happiest guy in the locker room would be Brady. While he may have a double digit IQ and the maturity of a 14 year old, there's no denying his skill between the whistles on the football field. 

53 minutes ago, NucksPatsFan said:

Brady wanted AB. Belichick did not. While it was Kraft who cut him, both Mike Reiss and Jeff Howe, the 2 beat guys I trust the most, had been tweeting about their observations of BB's frustrations with not only AB himself (Instagram live video while at the facility working with trainers was a huge deal to BB), but how the conversations with media were only about AB's off-field issues. I think had the texts not happened, AB would still be a Patriot. 

There's a lot Kraft has been involved with that doesn't always seep out to the mainstream media. Kraft wanted Moss on the team initially, he wanted that name and brand power to come to New England while Kraft was still high on having just won 3/4 super bowls (very similar to how they just won 3 and went after a brand name receiver). 

I don't think AB comes back. The texts were too much. Innocent until proven guilty and I still, objectively, don't think he did what he's accused of, but texting your accusers like that and bringing photos of kids into it was just too past the line. 

On the rare chance he did come back, the happiest guy in the locker room would be Brady. While he may have a double digit IQ and the maturity of a 14 year old, there's no denying his skill between the whistles on the football field. 

The fact Brown lashed out at Kraft makes me think he made the call.

47 minutes ago, peaches5 said:

The fact Brown lashed out at Kraft makes me think he made the call.

He did. 

Kraft cut him.

But it's not like it was some pulling rank move telling BB to shove it.

Remember, he was cut minutes after Belichick stormed out of a presser early because all 4 questions were about AB's off the field antics and issues. 

24 minutes ago, NucksPatsFan said:

He did. 

Kraft cut him.

But it's not like it was some pulling rank move telling BB to shove it.

Remember, he was cut minutes after Belichick stormed out of a presser early because all 4 questions were about AB's off the field antics and issues. 

I didn't say he was telling Belichick to shove it. I said Kraft made the decision and went against went Brady and Belichick wanted. He also wasn't cut minutes after the press conference. The press conference was in the morning and he was cut in the afternoon. The Patriots success has come from Belichick doing what he thinks is best and now we are starting to see Kraft get more involved. This is not a good thing. I believe Kraft made the decision to cut Brown for the exact reasons Brown thinks he was cut and that has to do with the charges laid against him in the summer.

22 hours ago, peaches5 said:

I didn't say he was telling Belichick to shove it. I said Kraft made the decision and went against went Brady and Belichick wanted. He also wasn't cut minutes after the press conference. The press conference was in the morning and he was cut in the afternoon. The Patriots success has come from Belichick doing what he thinks is best and now we are starting to see Kraft get more involved. This is not a good thing. I believe Kraft made the decision to cut Brown for the exact reasons Brown thinks he was cut and that has to do with the charges laid against him in the summer.

Why else would he have been cut? Lol. He's a top 2 NFL WR, he certainly wasn't cut for performance or skill reasons. 

Howard finished 2018 with 34 catches for 565 yards and five touchdowns in 10 games, but the third-year tight end has mostly been a nonfactor in new coach Bruce Arians’ offense. He would appeal to the Patriots because he’s 1) a buy-low candidate, 2) he’s on his rookie contract and 3) he fills a position of need. Howard would immediately become the top pass-catching tight end in the Patriots offense, which is devoid of a clear option.

Get it done BB

On 10/17/2019 at 2:21 PM, Pears said:

Firing Frank Pollack and hiring Jim Turner was such a fantastic idea :picard:

https://www.cincyjungle.com/2019/10/17/20919487/bengals-cordy-glenn-injury-concussion-nfl-rumors-news

Cincinnati's a trainwreck.  That team needs a new owner with deeper pockets than Brown, who will then come in and clean house and rebuild the team the right way.

*edit* Now he's been suspended... https://www.cincyjungle.com/2019/10/18/20920858/bengals-cordy-glenn-nfl-news-jaguars-week-7

Edited by SabreFan1
  • Cheers 1

1 hour ago, SabreFan1 said:

Cincinnati's a trainwreck.  That team needs a new owner with deeper pockets than Brown, who will then come in and clean house and rebuild the team the right way.

*edit* Now he's been suspended... https://www.cincyjungle.com/2019/10/18/20920858/bengals-cordy-glenn-nfl-news-jaguars-week-7

Paul Brown is probably rolling in his grave seeing his son destroy his once proud franchise. Since Mike took over we’ve only had SEVEN winning seasons, with the first one not coming until 2005, and a few 8-8 seasons too. 

Edited by Pears
typo
  • Cheers 1

3 hours ago, NucksPatsFan said:

Why else would he have been cut? Lol. He's a top 2 NFL WR, he certainly wasn't cut for performance or skill reasons. 

Because he was becoming a distraction? Because more than one woman came forward? You realize I was saying he was cut because Kraft was caught on tape soliciting sex right? The only reason Kraft got involve was to make his image look better.

1 minute ago, peaches5 said:

Because he was becoming a distraction? Because more than one woman came forward? You realize I was saying he was cut because Kraft was caught on tape soliciting sex right? The only reason Kraft got involve was to make his image look better.

I disagree. Kraft got involved because it was hurting the Patriots brand. Owners care about money more than image, I agree with @NucksPatsFan that Brown would have been the big ticket draw that Moss was. The Patriots don't need Brown but it made sense both for the brand and the football team. Kraft cut bait once Brown's shenanigans began damaging the Patriots brand. I disagree with @NucksPatsFan regarding that press conference, I don't believe Belichick would let questions from the media influence his decisions. Belichick can whip the media into shape, walking out of the press conference was just the opening salvo. Reporters care about access more than they care about specifics. Belichick would have leveraged that to get them to shut up about Brown. I believe this was all Kraft, if Belichick was on board, he would have delivered the news to Brown instead. 

38 minutes ago, peaches5 said:

I doubt this helps Kraft's image in the handjob fiasco. You're the only person I've seen make the connection. 

11 minutes ago, Toews said:

I disagree. Kraft got involved because it was hurting the Patriots brand. Owners care about money more than image, I agree with @NucksPatsFan that Brown would have been the big ticket draw that Moss was. The Patriots don't need Brown but it made sense both for the brand and the football team. Kraft cut bait once Brown's shenanigans began damaging the Patriots brand. I disagree with @NucksPatsFan regarding that press conference, I don't believe Belichick would let questions from the media influence his decisions. Belichick can whip the media into shape, walking out of the press conference was just the opening salvo. Reporters care about access more than they care about specifics. Belichick would have leveraged that to get them to shut up about Brown. I believe this was all Kraft, if Belichick was on board, he would have delivered the news to Brown instead. 

I agree and disagree. At the end of the day I don't think BB was married to the idea of Brown on the team. Sure he would've loved to have him, but when he was in his lab in the off season creating this season's team and plan, AB wasn't a part of it. Of course you'd love to have that skill and talent on your team, but when you were already happy with your plan, AB was simply a bonus, not a necessity.