The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NFL thread

Tony Romo

12 minutes ago, NucksPatsFan said:

You know the saying "there is no I in team" or "play for the name on the front of the jersey not the name on the back" or "put the team before the self" 

He's hate opposite of all those sayings

I heard on ESPN that Brady might be moving on after this season.  What do you think?  

12 hours ago, Alflives said:

Explain please 

I don't get the meme either.  The patriot motto needs to go from 'Do your job' to "Just STFU and do your job."

Well as a defender of TNF last night was ,.... crap.  

• Haha 2

On 10/24/2019 at 11:56 AM, NucksPatsFan said:

There's a difference between being supportive of someone's life and then evaluating their contributions on the football field. 

Can't keep a guy just because you really enjoy his personality and the person. They're not in the business of babysitting people with drug problems so that they don't relapse. That's what rehab is for. I just hope whatever new team Josh goes to, they provide all the resources to him like the Pats did. 

Perhaps I didn't phrase it right. My point is that the Patriots are only "supportive of (Gordon)'s life" because of the potential contributions he could provide on the field. There were some Pats fans and media sycophants who wanted to hand the Patriots a humanitarian award when Gordon would have gotten on the field for another team as well. You don't keep an addict around unless you think they can be useful. The Patriots are into winning football games, not helping people get their $&!# together unless it can help them win more football games. If Gordon tells the Patriots, "trade me to the Chiefs, that's what's best for my sobriety". The Patriots would refuse because it wouldn't help them win more football games.

Edited by Toews
  • Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Toews said:

Perhaps I didn't phrase it right. My point is that the Patriots are only "supportive of (Gordon)'s life" because of the potential contributions he could provide on the field. There were some Pats fans and media sycophants who wanted to hand the Patriots a humanitarian award when Gordon would have gotten on the field for another team as well. You don't keep an addict around unless you think they can be useful. The Patriots are into winning football games, not helping people get their $&!# together unless it can help them win more football games. If Gordon tells the Patriots, "trade me to the Chiefs, that's what's best for my sobriety". The Patriots would refuse because it wouldn't help them win more football games.

I don't think being around Tyreek Hill would be good for him.:ph34r: (I understand your point and agree with it)

1 hour ago, Chip Kelly said:

Orlando Scandrick is a piece of $&!# but I appreciate the motivation material.

Somebody needed to rip the team and wake them up.

Eagles are going to be ready for the Bills.

This team plays better when they are the underdog and people are counting them out the past 2 years. 

Should be fun @RUPERTKBD @SabreFan1

I'd be a lot more confident if we hadn't made the Phish look like an actual football team for 30 minutes last week.....

In regards to SNF, GB vs KC,  could not figure out why KC did not go for it on 4th down near midfield with 5 minutes left..  You know with Rodgers in charge he will run the clock down, which he did.  KC never lay hands on ball for remainder of game.

Sometimes you can't be conservative with play calling.

• Like 1