The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NFL thread

Tony Romo

1 hour ago, Alflives said:

Got to say not liking the Pats this year.  I know they are 9-1, but they are not looking like a top team.  Home field might be their saving grace, but can they beat a team like Baltimore, even on their home field.  I don't know what it is, but the Pats (and Brady too) just seem off this whole season.  

If Edleman doesn't fumble and Watson catches the easiest catch a profootballer can make(Brady threw the terrible pick on the next play) then I think the Pats come back in that game.  As long as the Messiah is coaching that team will always be a threat.  If they seem 'off' perhaps because they know as well as anyone that the real season begins in January.

9 hours ago, ReggieBush said:

Sean Mcdermott or Shanahan might have something to say about that

Although McDermott has done a great job, the best team the Bills have beat this year are 5-5 Titans. 

It'll come down to team records but any one of Harbaugh, Payton, Belichick, Shanny, and Lafleur could win it. 

20 hours ago, NucksPatsFan said:

Agreed. Offense doesn’t seem to be clicking yet. Still only mid November, best football still to come in December and January. 

It’s an arms race now for home field. We can’t afford to lose unless Baltimore also loses. I think a home playoff match up against Baltimore after already having played them will be a closer game than the first game against Lamar Jackson. 

But it’ll be tough getting past Houston or KC as well. 

Exciting weeks ahead. 

This is the first year in quite some time where I feel the AFC isn't a breeze for the Pats, partially because of the competition improving, but also because the Patriots offense has slowed down.

• Upvote 1

20 hours ago, c00kies said:

This is the first year in quite some time where I feel the AFC isn't a breeze for the Pats, partially because of the competition improving, but also because the Patriots offense has slowed down.

Wynn coming back should give Brady an extra half second to throw the ball which will help somewhat, but the LT position isn't what's stalling the offence. 

Hopefully as Sanu learns more of the playbook and Harry gets back to game speed, it will change.

Right now teams know to key in on Jules and they can stack the box against Michel/White/Burkhead. 

I don't know why McDaniels is favouring Burkhead so heavily over White this year, I think White is still the far superior pass catching back, but McD gonna McD I guess.

Should be an interesting game vs @Tony Romo 's Cowboys. Cowboys offense is on fire and their defensive can't stop anything. Patriots offense is stalling and their defense has been great. It'll be a strength vs strength and weakness vs weakness match up. 

I trust our offense to show up at a better capacity than the Cowboys defense. Also hopefully playing in a cold Foxboro environment will neutralize Dak. 

2 hours ago, NucksPatsFan said:

Wynn coming back should give Brady an extra half second to throw the ball which will help somewhat, but the LT position isn't what's stalling the offence. 

Hopefully as Sanu learns more of the playbook and Harry gets back to game speed, it will change.

Right now teams know to key in on Jules and they can stack the box against Michel/White/Burkhead. 

I don't know why McDaniels is favouring Burkhead so heavily over White this year, I think White is still the far superior pass catching back, but McD gonna McD I guess.

Should be an interesting game vs @Tony Romo 's Cowboys. Cowboys offense is on fire and their defensive can't stop anything. Patriots offense is stalling and their defense has been great. It'll be a strength vs strength and weakness vs weakness match up. 

I trust our offense to show up at a better capacity than the Cowboys defense. Also hopefully playing in a cold Foxboro environment will neutralize Dak. 

Cant wait for the game. I wish I were going, a shame we only play in Boston every 8 years

42 minutes ago, Van40 said:

Man took a knee during a song, which is only played cause the US government paid for it

If Kap was a more important player to a team’s winning, then he would have a job.  The NFL puts up with some really bad people playing, because they help teams win.  I loved watching Kap play, and wish the CFL could afford to pay him.  

• Upvote 1

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/myles-garrett-steelers-mason-rudolph-racial-slur-appeal

Myles Garrett accuses Steelers' Mason Rudolph of using racial slur before brawl during appeal hearing: report

Oh boy if he is lying about this then I say increase his suspension to two years - if a slur was used then he should be ok to start next season.

10 minutes ago, Tre Mac said:

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/myles-garrett-steelers-mason-rudolph-racial-slur-appeal

Oh boy if he is lying about this then I say increase his suspension to two years - if a slur was used then he should be ok to start next season.

Would not surprise me considering Rudolph is a Trump supporter and has a history of making/liking racist tweets. 

• Cheers 1

23 minutes ago, Pears said:

Would not surprise me considering Rudolph is a Trump supporter and has a history of making/liking racist tweets. 

But then why did Garret not mention Rudolph saying anything in the post game comments, media comments, in the Brown's public statement and the only time anyone heard about this was in the appeal hearing when he's trying to play again.

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, NucksPatsFan said:

But then why did Garret not mention Rudolph saying anything in the post game comments, media comments, in the Brown's public statement and the only time anyone heard about this was in the appeal hearing when he's trying to play again.

He probably wanted to wait until his appeal where things would have calmed down. 

7 minutes ago, Pears said:

He probably wanted to wait until his appeal where things would have calmed down. 

If you're so fired up over an alleged racist remark that you try to bash a guy's head in with his helmet, you don't suddenly become rational, calm and collected in the post game comments and decipher a plan to wait until the appeal to bring out that information. 

Also don't think Rudolph would be slinging racist remarks to a black man when two of his black teammates were right there