The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NFL thread

Tony Romo

On 11/18/2019 at 5:46 AM, ReggieBush said:

Sean Mcdermott or Shanahan might have something to say about that

sean mcdermott, i doubt it. Shanahan maybe, most of the credit of the 49ers rise should be on DC Robert Saleh. 49ers offence still isn't great and thats Shanahans side of the ball. Harbaugh basically catered the entire offence to Lamar strengths, not to mention the teams that the Ravens have beaten are far far more impressive to what the 49ers have done so far.

On 11/21/2019 at 12:16 PM, NucksPatsFan said:

If you're so fired up over an alleged racist remark that you try to bash a guy's head in with his helmet, you don't suddenly become rational, calm and collected in the post game comments and decipher a plan to wait until the appeal to bring out that information. 

Also don't think Rudolph would be slinging racist remarks to a black man when two of his black teammates were right there

bang on. I don't think those guys on his team would come to his aid if he uttered the N word. Also the fact that Myles own teammates didn't know about Rudolph calling him the N bomb, reaks a lot of BS. I'd tell everyone in my team immediately if someone called me that, not wait a week to do it. It just screams desperation

On 11/19/2019 at 4:20 PM, Isam said:

He probably will unless the bolts need some star power for the new stadium. As a bolts fan, I think pinch up in the draft or go after newton

Tua would probably be a good pick for them, let him sit behind Philip for a year or two. Rivers is on borrowed time, man he's looked awful

• Upvote 1

On 11/20/2019 at 7:57 AM, NucksPatsFan said:

Wynn coming back should give Brady an extra half second to throw the ball which will help somewhat, but the LT position isn't what's stalling the offence. 

Hopefully as Sanu learns more of the playbook and Harry gets back to game speed, it will change.

Right now teams know to key in on Jules and they can stack the box against Michel/White/Burkhead. 

I don't know why McDaniels is favouring Burkhead so heavily over White this year, I think White is still the far superior pass catching back, but McD gonna McD I guess.

Should be an interesting game vs @Tony Romo 's Cowboys. Cowboys offense is on fire and their defensive can't stop anything. Patriots offense is stalling and their defense has been great. It'll be a strength vs strength and weakness vs weakness match up. 

I trust our offense to show up at a better capacity than the Cowboys defense. Also hopefully playing in a cold Foxboro environment will neutralize Dak. 

Pats by a touchdown this weekend. Pats will do just enough to win it, and Dak will stuggle with Gilmore on the other side and Amari not fully healthy

• Upvote 1

On 11/18/2019 at 12:43 PM, NucksPatsFan said:

If the Bengals are sold on Tua pre-injury, they should still draft him at #1. 

Keep Dalton for next season while Tua recovers to ensure another top 5 pick. 

Get another solid piece with that 2021 top 5 pick and head into the 2021-2022 season with a healthy Tua and the 2021 top 5 pick leading the way. 

Thoughts @Pears ?

Of course Tua could elect not to declare this year and come back next year to Bama. 

Im not super sold on Burrows. I think (since Tua is out for the year), they should be targetting an O lineman (Andrew Thomas?) Dalton actually hasnt;' been that bad from what Ive seen, its just the O-line is trash. The Bengals have a lot of needs

3 hours ago, filthycanuck said:

Tua would probably be a good pick for them, let him sit behind Philip for a year or two. Rivers is on borrowed time, man he's looked awful

Depends on the hip. I like tua alot, but how is that injury gonna effect his mobility? If he is at the thirteen range, and is healthy, then we got to take him.  It is either that or we go with hurts.

10 hours ago, filthycanuck said:

Im not super sold on Burrows. I think (since Tua is out for the year), they should be targetting an O lineman (Andrew Thomas?) Dalton actually hasnt;' been that bad from what Ive seen, its just the O-line is trash. The Bengals have a lot of needs

There will be a few guys in free agency we could sign to shore up the offensive line. Using a first or second overall pick on a tackle would be an embarrassment. 

10 hours ago, Pears said:

There will be a few guys in free agency we could sign to shore up the offensive line. Using a first or second overall pick on a tackle would be an embarrassment. 

True enough, but other than Tua, I don't think Burrows or Herbert are going make much of an impact in comparison to a Cam Newton (if he gets released)? It all depends whos out there as a FA. I just think after Tua, the other guys just are a couple rungs down from him. Im just a believer that if its not a sure fire franchise QB, and a possible Elite OT, you take the OT. I just think offensively, if they can shore up the Oline, maybe a pieces defensively, they can ride Mixon to a decent standing in the league

54 minutes ago, filthycanuck said:

True enough, but other than Tua, I don't think Burrows or Herbert are going make much of an impact in comparison to a Cam Newton (if he gets released)? It all depends whos out there as a FA. I just think after Tua, the other guys just are a couple rungs down from him. Im just a believer that if its not a sure fire franchise QB, and a possible Elite OT, you take the OT. I just think offensively, if they can shore up the Oline, maybe a pieces defensively, they can ride Mixon to a decent standing in the league

Mixon’s a good enough back on his own for sure, and a competent offensive line would do wonders overall. 

10 hours ago, filthycanuck said:

Cam Newton is trash now.

Tua is the guy in this draft for me. Herbert isn't good, burrow I am still up in the air over.

Edited by ReggieBush