The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NFL thread

Tony Romo

I think a scenario I’d be ok with is, if Washington really wants Burrow or Tua, we’d trade back with them to get a few extra picks, then with those picks make another trade to get back into the first round for Jalen Hurts or Jacob Eason. 

On 8/16/2019 at 10:19 PM, canuck73_3 said:

Want to say the Titans cause I love Cam Wake but I think the Bengals have a game or 2 on Tennessee this year. 

On 8/17/2019 at 1:49 AM, filthycanuck said:

Yeah Im not liking the Titans this year, I can even see Tannehill getting some starts over Mariotta. Other than Derrick Henry, theres not much to like about that team.

old takes exposed. 

• Cheers 1

Tannehill's success highlights how awful Mariota really was. Nice redemption story for Tannehill. 

Weirdly, with the proper coaching and system I actually think Mariota could be useful. An offensive minded coach could get some production out him. 

Edited by Van40

5 hours ago, gmen81 said:

old takes exposed. 

Not really. 

Mariota getting benched was a good call.

The Titans are not a real sexy team on paper imo, I think the Browns would be more entertaining if they snuck in as the last wild card.

Henry is a good back who plays his best when the weather turns cold.

For some reason he is inconsistent in September and October.

He is a Free agent after the season and it will be hard to keep him if he keeps up these strong performances.

2 hours ago, Van40 said:

Tannehill's success highlights how awful Mariota really was. Nice redemption story for Tannehill. 

Weirdly, with the proper coaching and system I actually think Mariota could be useful. An offensive minded coach could get some production out him. 

This is why it's way to early to give up on Wentz.

You give a qb a running game, solid OL and some quality WRs and you have a re-energized qb.

You get your confidence back and rediscover your dormant talent again.

Can you imagine Mariota on the Bucs or Redskins for example?

He would be an elite backup for sure though.

He can still run but needs a good system around him and a defence.

I think Bears fans might even take him or especially Cam Newton over Trubisky.

8 hours ago, ReggieBush said:

As long as Russ is the QB in Seattle, we shouldn't fear any team in the NFL.

You should fear a healthy 49ers team and the Ravens who beat you guys in Seattle.

Still think the Cowboys or even the Packers could give Seattle a run for their money.

The NFC is pretty open in comparison to the AFC.

The Ravens are above anybody in the NFL right now.

The 49ers vs Ravens game is a Super Bowl preview imo.

2 best NFL teams right now.

Another test vs the Vikings on Monday Night Football for the Seahawks as well.

Both Seattle losses came on home field and the Bengals provided a scare as well.

Clowneys and Jarran Reid's health are key.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Chip Kelly said:

You should fear a healthy 49ers team and the Ravens who beat you guys in Seattle.

Still think the Cowboys or even the Packers could give Seattle a run for their money.

Both Seattle losses came on home field and the Bengals provided a scare as well.

Meh. Give us a game? Yes. Scare us? No. 

We didn't have Jarran Reed for either one of our losses, and the mid season additions of Josh Gordon and Quandre Diggs (who has transformed the defense) are big ones.

Both the Saints and Ravens games were games that we kind of thrown away. We allowed a Special Teams TD and Defensive TD against the saints. The Ravens game we were victim to 2 defensive TD's.

We have benefitted from defensive TD's too, but my argument is that the gap isn't as crazy as y'all make it out to be. Both those games were very winnable.

I guess I would ask you then, where is there a weakness on Seattle? The offensive line because the injury to Britt? Nickel back? Inconsistency at kicker?

23 minutes ago, UnkNuk said:

"NFL says tripping penalties against Cowboys vs. Patriots were incorrect calls"

https://www.dallasnews.com/sports/cowboys/2019/11/26/nfl-says-tripping-penalties-against-cowboys-vs-patriots-were-incorrect-calls/

Yeah, kinda thought so.

I’m sure the Cowboys are real satisfied with that statement.  Will the game be replayed, so the result is (you know) fair, considering the magnitude of those wrong tripping calls?  How about all the guys who lost bets on the game; what about them?  

13 hours ago, Chip Kelly said:

Everyone thought the Chiefs were a shoe in for the Super Bowl last year too. I highly, highly doubt Bill Belichick loses twice to the same team in the same year, and we all know the AFC runs through Foxborough. As far as Seattle, clearly you don’t watch enough of their games to not know they always, always start slow and December is when they really ramp it up. 

11 hours ago, Alflives said:

I’m sure the Cowboys are real satisfied with that statement.  Will the game be replayed, so the result is (you know) fair, considering the magnitude of those wrong tripping calls?  How about all the guys who lost bets on the game; what about them?  

Unfortunately bad calls are part of the game. The theory is, that over the course of a franchise's life, they even out. Heck, the Patsies still owe about a hundred for the "tuck rule" call against the Raiders...B)

Back on topic: Although i really have no dog in the fight, I'm really looking forward to the Niners-Ravens on Sunday.....:towel:

Edited by RUPERTKBD