The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NFL thread

Tony Romo

4 minutes ago, Heretic said:

I disagree - cheering a team on is a positive vibe - hating - is negative.

There is something wrong if you are more satisfied seeing someone else kid fail at a math test than your own getting a B.

There are 32 NFL teams, soon there will be 32 NHL ones as well.  Only 1 wins the championship.  "Cheering" for teams to fail doesn't make sense - if that gives you pleasure - maybe you are "cheering" for the wrong sport or aren't really a sports fan at all.  (A fan is someone that cheers for a team to win - not lose).

Come on, you can’t be this dense, you know why we all hate pats.

Its called cheating, and yes if kid that cheats fails at math, I am ok with that.

• Cheers 2

2 minutes ago, Heretic said:

You can't be that "dense" to think that the Pats are the only team that has cheated.

Well...maybe you are...

https://yourteamcheats.com/

I never said that the pats are the only team that cheats, you drew that conclusion on your own.

Even if I use “evidence” that you provided, my team is in the bottom and well bellow your team.

• Cheers 1

When teams whose teams have 1 or 2 or no rings tell Pats fans to suck it or that the dynasty is over. 

If it is over, at least we had one. 

It was clear since week 10 we weren’t going to make a super bowl run this year, and definitely didn’t deserve to win tonight. Henry is a beast. 

Excited to see what a talent like Lamar can do in the playoffs. Also cheering for Brees and Rodgers as veterans Id like to see add more hardware. 

Silver lining: I will be able to enjoy the super bowl this year by not caring about the game. I can bet on it and enjoy it stress free. 

Best of luck to you who still have your teams alive. 

186C1D40-B695-428C-8765-CF36AFE2ADF9.jpeg

sh it Kermit was supposed to go up above in the post. Too drunk to figure this Ot 

Edited by NucksPatsFan
  • Thanks 1

Just now, CBH1926 said:

I never said that the pats are the only team that cheats, you drew that conclusion on your own.

Even if I use “evidence” that you provided, my team is in the bottom and well bellow your team.

It's okay officer, I only stole 3 cars - he stole 5.  

Again - you are missing the point.  

Cheer for your team. 

2 minutes ago, Heretic said:

It's okay officer, I only stole 3 cars - he stole 5.  

Again - you are missing the point.  

Cheer for your team. 

I do cheer for my team, I just dislike your team because cheating has helped them win.

Its a very simple concept to understand.

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Chip Kelly said:

Juicy matchup.

Also Eagles gonna make the Seahawks earn it tomorrow.

Can't wait. Philly is gonna be a buzzsaw tomorrow afternoon.

IMG_20200104_193923.jpg

Hope you guys win, I can’t stomach Carroll from his cheating days at USC.

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, CBH1926 said:

Hope you guys win, I can’t stomach Carroll from his cheating days at USC.

I am starting to believe there is a chance they pull the big upset despite what it looks like on paper.

Nobody embraces the underdog role better in the NFL the past 3 years than the Eagles.

Also the Eagles are a much better overall defence at home than on the road.

It is supposed to windy which should in theory affect the passing games of both teams and keep the score close.

If they can keep the Seahawks under 20 points they will have a good chance.

Hopefully the Eagles pass rush feeds off the crowds energy and they can contain Wilson.

Just need a good running game tomorrow and some key plays from Wentz to move the chains.

• Cheers 1

14 minutes ago, CBH1926 said:

I do cheer for my team, I just dislike your team because cheating has helped them win.

Its a very simple concept to understand.

It is - stupid is a simple concept.    It is easier for some to hate than love.  I get it.  

What about all the cheats out there that didn't get caught?  The ones that get caught are the tip of the ice berg.  

So, you condone cheating as long as the team / sports person doesn't win.  

SMH

Edited by Heretic

14 minutes ago, Heretic said:

It is - stupid is a simple concept.    It is easier for some to hate than love.  I get it.  

What about all the cheats out there that didn't get caught?  The ones that get caught are the tip of the ice berg.  

So, you condone cheating as long as the team / sports person doesn't win.  

SMH

Now before you get all philosophical on me, cheating is not ok.

Your team cheats, we are not talking about other teams, just about your team since they played tonight.

For example, when Seahawks play tomorrow we can talk about Pete Carroll’s role in the USC scandal.

Its very easy to grasp and if you are just playing dumb, well you are doing a great job.

• Cheers 1

28 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

And their die hard since 2014 fans. Grew up in Burnaby and literally knew more Bills fans than Hawks fans. 

I agree, I spent most of my life in the U.S and have never met pats fan prior to 2000 era.

They were like an endangered species, even in New England.

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, CBH1926 said:

Now before you get all philosophical on me, cheating is not ok.

Your team cheats, we are not talking about other teams, just about your team since they played tonight.

For example, when Seahawks play tomorrow we can talk about Pete Carroll’s role in the USC scandal.

Its very easy to grasp and if you are just playing dumb, well you are doing a great job.

Okay - my team cheated and got caught - but I didn't cheat - so why should you, a hater, tell me to "suck the big one"?

Can you hear me now?   

Don't tell me that I need to stop cheering for a team because they cheat - if everyone did that - there would be no fans.  

2 minutes ago, CBH1926 said:

I agree, I spent most of my life in the U.S and have never met pats fan prior to 2000 era.

They were like an endangered species, even in New England.

Yeah, I still remember my Pats losing to the Fridge and Bears in SB20.   Embarrassing loss.