The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NFL thread

Tony Romo

Just now, Heretic said:

Okay - my team cheated and got caught - but I didn't cheat - so why should you, a hater, tell me to "suck the big one"?

Can you hear me now?   

Don't tell me that I need to stop cheering for a team because they cheat - if everyone did that - there would be no fans.  

Now we finally agree on something, don’t tell me what to feel about the patriots.

On that note, I bid you adieu.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Heretic said:

I disagree - cheering a team on is a positive vibe - hating - is negative.

There is something wrong if you are more satisfied seeing someone else kid fail at a math test than your own getting a B.

There are 32 NFL teams, soon there will be 32 NHL ones as well.  Only 1 wins the championship.  "Cheering" for teams to fail doesn't make sense - if that gives you pleasure - maybe you are "cheering" for the wrong sport or aren't really a sports fan at all.  (A fan is someone that cheers for a team to win - not lose).

People hate teams that win. It's why so many Canucks fans hate the Bruins. If the Canucks beat the Bruins in 2011, nobody would think much of them.

The Patriots deserve the hate they get because they are in the finals year in and out. And this is coming from a Pats fan. I would be jealous of the Patriots success if I was a fan of another team.

I don't think the dynasty is over. The Patriots had the worst wide receiver corps that I've ever seen on this team. Brady wasn't great at all, but he can't do much when the wide receivers are that awful. If Antonio Brown and Josh Gordon were on this team, it would be a different story. 

My prediction is that Brady comes back in 2020, and the Patriots add some key pieces on offense that create a better result for next season. You can't win them all.

10 hours ago, Darkstar said:

People hate teams that win. It's why so many Canucks fans hate the Bruins. If the Canucks beat the Bruins in 2011, nobody would think much of them.

The Patriots deserve the hate they get because they are in the finals year in and out. And this is coming from a Pats fan. I would be jealous of the Patriots success if I was a fan of another team.

I don't think the dynasty is over. The Patriots had the worst wide receiver corps that I've ever seen on this team. Brady wasn't great at all, but he can't do much when the wide receivers are that awful. If Antonio Brown and Josh Gordon were on this team, it would be a different story. 

My prediction is that Brady comes back in 2020, and the Patriots add some key pieces on offense that create a better result for next season. You can't win them all.

Wrong.

Depends on the team, and the fanbase. 

In the 1970's when I grew up. The Cowboys were the sexy team that all the pundits chose. I always liked the Steelers. They were a workboots, hard working team. They were easy to cheer for even when they had a dynasty. But in the 1990's the sheer talent of the Cowboys and coach Jimmy Johnson, I was not a fan. But I didn't hate the team. 

When the 49er's were dominant, they were a treat to watch. And Bill Walsh just seemed to call the right plays at the right time. Green Bay and even when Chicago won Super Bowls I was happy because these were cities that lived and breathed football. I was happy when Seattle and Philly won because both fanbases endured a lot of bad times. 

New England is just different. I was happy at first, just like seeing the Red Sox, or Cubs win a World Series. But when they kept piling on the championships. The fans got more arrogant. I admire Belichick on his abilities, but he seems to be an arrogant bastard as well. So nothing makes me happier to see New England lose. The worst part is a lot of Patriots fans only know the Brady era. You mention Bledsoe or Tony Eason, you get blank expressions. I don't mind fans being happy to be champions. I just don't like it that they become fans without understanding what effort it takes to get there. Just like when and if the Chiefs win a Super Bowl. I will be happy for them and their fans. 

Andy Reid has been a longtime pro coach. And Mahomes is a pleasure to watch. And it's been a long time since Super Bowl IV. 

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

Just now, NucksPatsFan said:

Y’all know there’s another game going on right now, right?

Sheesh. Pats lose in the wildcard game and y’all sound like the rest of the playoffs are irrelevant :lol:

Expected more scoring in this Saints Vikings game after the first Q. 

They pretty much are....B)

Seriously, I'm jumping on the Chiefs' bandwagon. Like Ghosts said, Mahomes is worth the price of admission. So is Jackson, but the Ravens have won one before.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

A lot of Seahawks fans I have talked to are surprisingly nervous about today's game.

I still don't really get why since Clowney is playing and Quandre Diggs is back at free safety to stabilize the secondary.

Here is a crazy stat though....

Russel Wilson has thrown 11 interceptions over his 13 career playoff games. 

So as much as he is clutch and makes big plays the defense usually plays a large part in the Seahawks ultimately winning games in the playoffs.

This might be the weakest Seahawks defence they gave ever had under Carroll.

They struggle vs consistently stopping  the run and defending TEs in the pass game and more specifically screen passes to RBs.

This plays right into the Eagles hands with what they like to do offensively.

Seeing what the Vikings have kept it much closer than expected I am smelling at least one upset today....

• Cheers 1