The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NFL thread

Tony Romo

3 hours ago, ReggieBush said:

So you're saying we are due? Dope. 

He is not a QB at that moment though. He is a runner. You see hits of the ilk all the time, the fact that it was a QB that was injured is why it is even a point of contention or discussion. Again the first point of contact is with Wentz's name plate, there is helmet to helmet contact though. Like you hit players early in games a little late to send a message, it is a part of the game. It is unfortunate that Wentz was hurt, I don't think it would have really mattered at the end of the day, but Eagles fans can make the argument that it would have, and that is very valid

@peaches5

You have clearly never played football. How is Clowney to know that he is down? When Clowney begins to descent on Wentz for the hit, Carson is still not down. Fumbles occur off plays like this quite frequently. We are talking a fraction of a second late, he had just contacted the ground. Its really not as late as you are making out to be

Seriously? He makes no play to get the ball and only targets the head of a QB jumping forward who could be nothing but down. He drives his head into the back of Wentz' head and causes a concussion. Players who try to force fumbles jump and punch at the ball. This was a clear intent to injure and should result in a suspension. There is no defending this hit. There are plenty of former NFL players and NFL analysts who are calling this play dirty and there is a reason why the NFL is investigating it. 

5 hours ago, Heretic said:

I'm not much of a Rex Ryan fan - but what he said about the Pat's Phillip Dorsett made me LOL.

"Phillip Dorsett is a fast guy but he couldn't play dead in a B Western"

I love Rex Ryan but I don't get this quote lol.  

36 minutes ago, peaches5 said:

I think he is implying that he is a terrible wide receiver.

Exactly.

B Western movies (B movies in general) usually have a bunch of no name actors and very low budgets.

Playing dead in a Western would be the easiest acting role.

• Upvote 1

Eagles' Josh McCown played through hamstring tear. ... NFL Network's Mike Garafolo reported that McCown tore his hamstring off the bone in the second quarter of the 17-9 loss to the Seahawks and played through the injury

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001095708/article/eagles-josh-mccown-played-through-hamstring-tear

Yeow.   My ex did this too (water skiing)...kept walking around that day, etc.  By the next morning, he was bruised ankle to hip.

• Cheers 1

On 1/8/2020 at 8:33 AM, ReggieBush said:

So you're saying we are due? Dope. 

He is not a QB at that moment though. He is a runner. You see hits of the ilk all the time, the fact that it was a QB that was injured is why it is even a point of contention or discussion. Again the first point of contact is with Wentz's name plate, there is helmet to helmet contact though. Like you hit players early in games a little late to send a message, it is a part of the game. It is unfortunate that Wentz was hurt, I don't think it would have really mattered at the end of the day, but Eagles fans can make the argument that it would have, and that is very valid

@peaches5

You have clearly never played football. How is Clowney to know that he is down? When Clowney begins to descent on Wentz for the hit, Carson is still not down. Fumbles occur off plays like this quite frequently. We are talking a fraction of a second late, he had just contacted the ground. Its really not as late as you are making out to be

On 1/8/2020 at 11:57 AM, peaches5 said:

Seriously? He makes no play to get the ball and only targets the head of a QB jumping forward who could be nothing but down. He drives his head into the back of Wentz' head and causes a concussion. Players who try to force fumbles jump and punch at the ball. This was a clear intent to injure and should result in a suspension. There is no defending this hit. There are plenty of former NFL players and NFL analysts who are calling this play dirty and there is a reason why the NFL is investigating it. 

On 1/8/2020 at 7:02 PM, CBH1926 said:

Sure Wentz was a runner when he got hit but Clowney did deliver late jolt to back of his head.

Should have been a late hit, probably Clowney will get fined.

I'm surprised Clowney didn't even get a fine.

I knew he wouldn't get suspended.

He will be public enemy #1 in Philly next year when the Seahawks rematch the Eagles once again.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Van40 said:

It's supposed to be cloudy and somewhat windy but a fairly warm night. 

A sloppy game on tap for tonight: The weather report for #TitansNFL_Clubs_2019_2020_Emojis_TennesseeTita-#Ravens includes 15-25 MPH winds and a 90% chance of rain. They expect a quarter of an inch. Perfect for two great rushing teams.

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, NucksPatsFan said:

A sloppy game on tap for tonight: The weather report for #TitansNFL_Clubs_2019_2020_Emojis_TennesseeTita-#Ravens includes 15-25 MPH winds and a 90% chance of rain. They expect a quarter of an inch. Perfect for two great rushing teams.

Do you believe a nfl reporter or the actual weather forecast? Look it up, it's not hard. 

Windy, but no rain during the game.