The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NFL thread

Tony Romo

Vikings vs 49ers:

How could one team play so well one week ago and lay an egg the next?   Did the bye really help the 49ers by resting their players?   The bye certainly did not help the Ravens.

Kirk Cousins knock was he could not win the big game.  While he did win last week he is back to form.

The say defences win games and this is certainly the case as SF limited Vikings to 128 yards offense, one of the lowest ever.

Titans vs Ravens.

Big upset here as Ravens were expected to win since they 12 games in a row.   Perhaps they were over confident.

On the hand, Titans are on a roll as they won several games at end of season.  They are on top of their game.

Raven's QB is a 2nd year QB and his inexperience showed as he was confused by Titan's offense.   Jackson needs more time to develop into an "elite" QB.

• Upvote 1

Can’t believe we are off to the AFC championship.  I do find it funny that all these people after last night are talking about Titans and 49ers in the SB.  I get it cuz both teams just played and looked good, but we still got 2 other games to go and if KC beats Houston by 3 scores then everyone will be all about KC to the SB. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, gmen81 said:

Can’t believe we are off to the AFC championship.  I do find it funny that all these people after last night are talking about Titans and 49ers in the SB.  I get it cuz both teams just played and looked good, but we still got 2 other games to go and if KC beats Houston by 3 scores then everyone will be all about KC to the SB. 

I picked the Chiefs to be in the SB before the playoffs started, but I'd be completely fine with seeing the Titans there. The defensive scheme for Jackson was almost perfect.

It's funny, because a friend of mine who knows I have a coaching background, asked me how I'd defend LJ.....I told him that whenever I played against a QB who could run like that, you always make him beat you with his arm. That means the DE's play a bit more of a contain role, rather than going straight at the QB...try and collapse the pocket and force the QB to throw, especially towards the sidelines, if possible.

The Titans defense did a great job of doing just that and I'd expect something similar next week, if KC can knock off the Texans.

That being said, as a Bills fan, it's not easy cheering for Ryan Tannehill....^_^

1 hour ago, RUPERTKBD said:

I picked the Chiefs to be in the SB before the playoffs started, but I'd be completely fine with seeing the Titans there. The defensive scheme for Jackson was almost perfect.

It's funny, because a friend of mine who knows I have a coaching background, asked me how I'd defend LJ.....I told him that whenever I played against a QB who could run like that, you always make him beat you with his arm. That means the DE's play a bit more of a contain role, rather than going straight at the QB...try and collapse the pocket and force the QB to throw, especially towards the sidelines, if possible.

The Titans defense did a great job of doing just that and I'd expect something similar next week, if KC can knock off the Texans.

That being said, as a Bills fan, it's not easy cheering for Ryan Tannehill....^_^

Obviously LJ is legit, but a team with Snead, Roberts and Boykin doesn’t scream contender. Hollywood is good, but still just a rookie. 

• Like 1