The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NFL thread

Tony Romo

1 hour ago, Van40 said:

Luke Kuechly retiring wasn't so suprising. He's suffered so many concussions that it was for the best. Great career, first ballot for sure. 

Was suprised for sure. Playing at such a high level didn't realize how bad the concussion issues were.

Reminds me of how Doug Baldwin and Kam Chancellor retired so abruptly seemingly as well.

I think this a trend we will see continue if guys prioritizing their health and longevity over squeezing out more dollars out of their playing careers and trying to chase more accolades and championships.

Football is a very rough and tough game mentally and physically where you practice and train more year round than the actual games you play.

You go all out in short bursts with prolonged breaks and rest that can lead to major injuries on any given snap.

• Upvote 1

On 1/13/2020 at 9:39 AM, Tre Mac said:

ESPN is supposedly set to offer Romo $10-$15mil/year to replace Booger in the booth :o

This is huge if true the public pressure and hate of Booger is pretty unanimous.

I am shocked how Romo has parlayed a good career into an even better opportunity after retirement to the point where he would be the highest paid NFL color guy on broadcasts.

On 1/13/2020 at 12:59 AM, filthycanuck said:

Without a shadow of doubt, that D-line is one of the best Ive seen in years, and they are all young, thats whats scary. When you can get heavy pressure of a 4-man rush and have the other guys just sit back and play the pass, you're secondary looks a lot better than it should. They shouldn't have any problems with the Packers next week. Titans gonna make it interesting against the chiefs. Just a bunch of lunchbox guys on defence for the most part that play hard for each other. I think Tannehill has a big game next week since the Chiefs will be targetting Henry

I feel like Tannehill is going to have his moments to show that he isnt just a game manger and along for the ride with Henry.

I don't see how the Chiefs slow down Henry that much. The Titans OL is just mashing people in the run game creating huge holes they can control the time of possession and shorten the game so Mahomes gets limited touches to get into a rhythm.

3 hours ago, dough teeth said:

Inside the mind of Aaron Hernandez is out now if you guys are interested on netflix. Pretty interesting stuff

&^@# it. I'll watch. Not like I plan on going in to work tomorrow...

Let's see if they get into the fact that he was allegedly bisexual and had a male lover.

24 minutes ago, Chip Kelly said:

That's effed up.

For very different reasons, NAD+ has also attracted a wave of attention from cancer researchers. Recent studies suggest that cancer cells of many types depend on NAD+ to sustain their rapid growth and that cutting off the NAD+ supply could be an effective strategy for killing certain cancers. The data from these studies paint a more complicated picture of NAD+ and raise new questions about the diverse ways taking an NAD+-boosting supplement might influence health. “It might still slow down the aging part, but it might fuel the cancer part,” says Versha Banerji, a clinician-scientist at the University of Manitoba. “We just need to figure out more about the biology of both of those processes, to figure out how we can make people age well and also not get cancer.”

First thing I always look up is the possible side effects.  No thanks.

Zhang’s work is part of a growing body of research that has drawn attention to NAD+ metabolism in cancer, particularly involving NAMPT. Compared with healthy tissues, elevated NAMPT levels have been reported in several human cancers including colorectal, ovarian, breast and prostate cancers. In studies in animals and cells, drugs that inhibit NAMPT have shown promise in killing cancer cells or enhancing the effectiveness of other cancer therapies.

https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/cancer-research-points-to-key-unknowns-about-popular-antiaging-supplements/

Edited by Tre Mac
  • Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

Really well done documentary.

Definitely left me a little more open minded.

As objectively sad as it is thinking about someone being closeted in a hyper masculine world for so long, I don’t believe that can make you murderous without remorse. 

However, the doctor’s findings of his brain versus a typical 27 year old brain were staggering. As someone that works in healthcare and health science, and knowing the effects each mm of loss of brain matter has, I do strongly believe the CTE influenced him significantly, especially in the no remorse part. 

What’s still crazy is I don’t believe they’ve ever concluded who pulled the trigger in the Odin death. The other 2 guys are alive aren’t they?

• Cheers 1