The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NFL thread

Tony Romo

22 hours ago, Heretic said:

I disagree - I stopped watching the half time show - the cameras kept focusing on the singer's crotches - that wasn't entertainment for families - it was like going to a strip club.  

I don't get why the performers wore that - they looked like New York hookers - they have far too much talent to degrade themselves like that.

Tell the NFL to make their cheerleaders wear long pants higher cut shirts too then. 

It's like a brazzers commercial everytime they cut to the cheerleaders going into or coming out of commercial 

5 hours ago, Toews said:

I discovered women's Brazilian beach volleyball at a very tender age, captivated my imagination like no other sport had or since has done. It was available on TV. Women's gymnastics, water polo, (as posted above) cheerleaders all have outifts that are similar to the ones worn by the performers. All are available on TV. Little girls saw it as a performance, you saw "filth" because that is what you found captivating. Kids are affected far more by observing the actions of their caregivers than they will be by any "filth" they find on TV. 

Had nothing to do with clothing:picard:, not sure why this is so hard to understand. Whatever, it was two weeks ago, not sure why you guys keep bringing up cheerleaders and womans volleyball or why you guys are so eager to defend that crap music -  From what I saw I thought it utterly sucked on multiple levels.  Enjoy your J-Lo albums.

Back to football, Myles Garrett reinstated.  

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, NucksPatsFan said:

Tell the NFL to make their cheerleaders wear long pants higher cut shirts too then. 

It's like a brazzers commercial everytime they cut to the cheerleaders going into or coming out of commercial 

Show me 1 NFL cheerleading team that wears basically a g-string - sorry - it's not the same thing.  

Should cheer leaders be covered up more? Okay - but that doesn't really have much to do with the half time show at the SB.

7 hours ago, Heretic said:

Show me 1 NFL cheerleading team that wears basically a g-string - sorry - it's not the same thing.  

Should cheer leaders be covered up more? Okay - but that doesn't really have much to do with the half time show at the SB.

Show me a picture of the super bowl half time show where either of the performers were in a g string. 

1 hour ago, Tre Mac said:

On the fence on Garrett being reinstated - On one hand that was a very serious incident that could've resulted in a serious injury, on the other hand it happened against the Steelers^_^

They probably decided that playing for the Browns was punishment enough....

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

On 2/13/2020 at 12:58 PM, Tre Mac said:

On the fence on Garrett being reinstated - On one hand that was a very serious incident that could've resulted in a serious injury, on the other hand it happened against the Steelers^_^

I still think Rudolph said something to set him off. 

Plus they're talking about making it a seventeen game regular season:

If and when a transformational collective bargaining agreement is finalized -- and there is now mounting optimism it could be done sometime in the next week -- it is expected to change the NFL's playoff structure as it is currently constituted for next season, league sources told ESPN.

Under the current CBA proposal that NFL owners are pushing for, the playoff field would be expanded to seven teams from each conference, while the regular season would be increased to 17 games per team and the preseason shortened to three games per team, sources said.

As part of the proposed playoff format, only one team from each conference would receive a first-round bye as opposed to the two that currently do, league sources said. That would mean a revised postseason schedule that includes six games on wild-card weekend, with three on Saturday and three on Sunday.

The changes to the NFL's playoff format would take effect for the 2020 season, assuming the new CBA is ratified beforehand. Had the proposed format been in place this past season, the Los Angeles Rams and Pittsburgh Steelers would have been the next teams included in the expanded playoff field.

"That's been agreed to for a long time," one source familiar with the CBA talks said about the NFL's new playoff structure. "There wasn't a lot of disagreement to that issue."

Additionally, the players on the teams that earn a first-round bye will receive postseason pay for that weekend. That was not the case under the current CBA, which has always rankled some players.

Now the sides are trying to work through the final issues, including getting the players to sign off on a 17-game regular season. That has yet to be agreed to, and it would not take effect until 2021 at the earliest.

As part of the deal now on the table, players would go from a 47% revenue share under the current deal to 48% share at 16 games, and then to a 48.5% share if they go to 17 games, shifting $5 billion of revenue to the players' side.

"The new CBA's not done, there's no term sheet yet, there still are issues being negotiated, but I'd be very surprised if there's not a new CBA for the new league year," the source said.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/28739375/more-playoff-teams-expected-new-nfl-cba-sources-say

On 2/15/2020 at 4:26 PM, Pears said:

I still think Rudolph said something to set him off. 

Maybe, but if could've not been the N word. Garrett accused him of saying that like what, almost a week after? If Garrett was called the N word, trust me, that would be the first thing he'd be harping about going to his teamates, which didn't happen. There was no evidence of sorts as we all know from the on field mics, and also, Baker and Rudolph are pretty good friends off the field so even Baker himself went to Rudolphs aid since he knows what kind of guy is he is

5 hours ago, filthycanuck said:

Maybe, but if could've not been the N word. Garrett accused him of saying that like what, almost a week after? If Garrett was called the N word, trust me, that would be the first thing he'd be harping about going to his teamates, which didn't happen. There was no evidence of sorts as we all know from the on field mics, and also, Baker and Rudolph are pretty good friends off the field so even Baker himself went to Rudolphs aid since he knows what kind of guy is he is

John Dorsey Says Myles Garrett Told Him of Mason Rudolph's Alleged Racial Slur

"I think the next day [after the fight], I'd been reached out to by [Fox Sports'] Jay Glazer, and he wanted to do an interview, and he wanted to get my side 'cause I had told the coaches immediately about what happened, I had told Dorsey and I had told Larry [Ogunjobi] what happened and what was said. So they knew from that night. But I wanted the media to hear about it, whether it was through Jay Glazer or eventually through the aftermath of the meeting."

"As we've consistently stated, our organizational support for Myles will continue. He is a man of high character and unquestionable integrity. He was open and honest with us about the incident from the start. He has taken accountability for his actions on Thursday night and this situation will not define him. As an organization, our focus going forward remains on the task-at-hand, which is preparing for the Miami Dolphins."

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2876797-john-dorsey-says-myles-garrett-told-him-of-mason-rudolphs-alleged-racial-slur

The NFL claims to have no on-field audio, so we have no way of knowing what really happened and what was said. Maybe Rudolph said something racist, maybe Myles Garrett is trying to pull a Jussie. Seeing as neither of these men can prove that their version of the story is correct, its best to just move on. 

I honestly don’t think people realize Joe Burrow isn’t going to a team with a bunch of bums like the media is making it out to be. He’s going to have two healthy 1000 yard receivers and John Ross, who has speed for days, with Burrow at QB I think is finally going to unlock his potential. He was already showing flashes early this season before he got hurt.

Yes the offensive line is an issue but we’ll have Jonah Williams healthy and ready which is basically like having a second first round pick this year and Trey Hopkins who has developed into a very reliable center. 

What I would do for free agency, since it’s been reported we’ll be more active with the upper and middle class free agents (I’ll believe it when I see it) is cut Cordy Glenn, Dre Kirkpatrick, and Bobby Hart. Trade Dalton to whoever of the rumoured interested teams (Bears, Pats, Colts) offers the best package. The right side of our line is the weakest so use free agency to fill those holes. 

I think Nick Vigil is a good enough starter and I liked what I saw from Germaine Pratt during the starting time he got, but we still need one or two more upgrades at linebacker, especially inside. 

How I see it is if we really stay true to our word, cut the dead weight and use most of the cap space we have, there is no reason this rebuild can’t be finished this offseason. 

1 hour ago, Pears said:

I honestly don’t think people realize Joe Burrow isn’t going to a team with a bunch of bums like the media is making it out to be. He’s going to have two healthy 1000 yard receivers and John Ross, who has speed for days, with Burrow at QB I think is finally going to unlock his potential. He was already showing flashes early this season before he got hurt.

Yes the offensive line is an issue but we’ll have Jonah Williams healthy and ready which is basically like having a second first round pick this year and Trey Hopkins who has developed into a very reliable center. 

What I would do for free agency, since it’s been reported we’ll be more active with the upper and middle class free agents (I’ll believe it when I see it) is cut Cordy Glenn, Dre Kirkpatrick, and Bobby Hart. Trade Dalton to whoever of the rumoured interested teams (Bears, Pats, Colts) offers the best package. The right side of our line is the weakest so use free agency to fill those holes. 

I think Nick Vigil is a good enough starter and I liked what I saw from Germaine Pratt during the starting time he got, but we still need one or two more upgrades at linebacker, especially inside. 

How I see it is if we really stay true to our word, cut the dead weight and use most of the cap space we have, there is no reason this rebuild can’t be finished this offseason. 

What's that giant B stand for in your profile pic then if not Bums?

21 minutes ago, 73 Percent said:

What's that giant B stand for in your profile pic then if not Bums?

Collectively they are a bunch of Bums, but individually there is some talent on that roster and I agree with him that the media has fallen into the lazy narrative that the Bengals are a black hole when they are some decent pieces for Burrow to work with. 

• Thanks 1