The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NFL thread

Tony Romo

2 minutes ago, Toews said:

Collectively they are a bunch of Bums, but individually there is some talent on that roster and I agree with him that the media has fallen into the lazy narrative that the Bengals are a black hole when they are some decent pieces for Burrow to work with. 

Twas a joke. I've always liked the Bengals skilled players.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

On 3/3/2020 at 6:42 AM, Toews said:

The NFL claims to have no on-field audio,

Now that I find hard to believe.

On 3/6/2020 at 6:01 PM, 73 Percent said:

What's that giant B stand for in your profile pic then if not Bums?

Beehatches :P

Being a southpaw I was a big fan of Boomer (not even attempting that last name) but good luck watching a bengals game on TV back in the day - so he unfortunately got replaced by some dude named Steve Young who's team was on tv every Sunday.  

On 3/10/2020 at 1:00 PM, Tre Mac said:

Now that I find hard to believe.

Beehatches :P

Being a southpaw I was a big fan of Boomer (not even attempting that last name) but good luck watching a bengals game on TV back in the day - so he unfortunately got replaced by some dude named Steve Young who's team was on tv every Sunday.  

Were you a Mike Vick fan as well?

I'm not a southpaw, but I'm a former QB who ran a lot and I was a huge fan when he broke in with the Falcons.

9 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

Were you a Mike Vick fan as well?

I'm not a southpaw, but I'm a former QB who ran a lot and I was a huge fan when he broke in with the Falcons.

Yeah in Madden 04 lol, he was a treat to watch as well for sure.

• Cheers 1

By 60 votes! :shock:

NFL player vote ratifies new CBA through 2030 season

"NFL players have voted to approve ratification of a new collective bargaining agreement by a vote tally of 1,019 to 959," the NFLPA said in a statement. "This result comes after a long and democratic process in accordance with our constitution. An independent auditor received submitted ballots through a secure electronic platform, then verified, tallied and certified the results."

Commissioner Roger Goodell released a statement shortly after the vote was released.

"We are pleased that the players have voted to ratify the proposed new CBA, which will provide substantial benefits to all current and retired players, increase jobs, ensure continued progress on player safety, and give our fans more and better football," Goodell said in the statement. "We appreciate the tireless efforts of the members of the Management Council Executive Committee and the NFLPA leadership, both of whom devoted nearly a year to detailed, good faith negotiations to reach this comprehensive, transformative agreement."

The vote was decided by a razor-thin margin of 60 votes, which was a matter touched on in a statement from the NFLPA Executive Committee.

"We understand and know that players have been split on this deal, including members of our EC," the statement read. "Going forward, it is our duty to lead, however we may feel as individuals, to bring our men together and to continue to represent the interests of our entire membership."

There will be an uptick in player revenue, set at 47 percent in 2020 and then at least 48 percent in 2021 with the ability to increase the percentage to a 48.5 share through a media kicker that applies in any season the league plays 17 games.

Players who earn league minimums will get an increase in salary and there will be an increase in performance-based pay, beginning with an average 12 percent increase. The league estimates that as much as an additional $100 million will go to players immediately this season.

Two additional active spots will bring rosters to 55 men, while there will be a decrease in padded practices at training camp, down from 28 to 16. Padded practices will be limited to 2.5 hours, down from 3.

Retired players will also benefit from the new deal, as they will see an increase in benefits and boost to pensions.

Changes to the drug policy include a reduction in penalties for players who test positive for THC (eliminating suspensions solely based on positive tests), an abbreviated testing window (from four months to two weeks at the start of training camp) and a significant increase in the threshold for a positive test (nanogram limit rises from 35 to 150).

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001106246/article/nfl-player-vote-ratifies-new-cba-through-2030-season

Edited by Mackcanuck

At least we have the NFL off-season signings and trades and the draft to fill the lack of sports talk for the next 2 weeks.

Draft is probably getting postponed with no crowds allowed in Vegas though...

Oh well more time to read and learn and do productive things or.. hop on the HuB and have a few good sessions.

46 minutes ago, Heretic said:

The end is near for us Pats fans :(

Guess it will be another 10 years or so before they get back to the big show...

Big d*ck Stidham will guide us. 

For real though - I love you Tom, more than you'll ever know, but go extort the Bucs for 30+ mill and then enjoy living on the beach in Costa Rica the rest of your life. You deserve it. 

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

Anybody you like? Bridgewater maybe?

Teddy's a Panther isn't he?

Honestly, not really. You could bring in Glennon and see if he's more up than down, but unless they trade for Newton, there's no one that will make an immediate difference.

We do have 12 draft picks, including 4 in the first 3 rounds, so who knows. Should be interesting though.

Would love to draft Jordan Love - he's got all the raw skill and BB and McD can help with the IQ.

Also love Jake Fromm. Guy is all character.