The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NFL thread

Tony Romo

Jalen Hurts going early 2nd, late 1st is really gaining steam. I wonder which team would bite, I think he'd play well in the right system. After Lamar Jackson's season, a lot of coaches namely Belichick and Anthony Lynn (Chargers) are eyeing these new age mobile QBs. Any of you guys have an assesment on the top WRs on this years draft?

9 hours ago, filthycanuck said:

Yeah I don't buy it too considering Burrows has ties to the state of Ohio ( HS football) and his gf I believe lives or her fam lives in Cincinnati, this should be a no brainer. If Miami offered all their 1st round picks and possibly a 2nd, i would bite. My gawd the haul that they would get for the 1st overall pick could set them up for a decade especially if one of those picks was Tua

The only reason all this talk about Burrow not wanting to play for Cincinnati is coming up is because we have the first pick. If Miami or any other team needing a quarterback had it there wouldn’t even be whispers of what they’d do. 

We could get a serious haul for Burrow yes, but Coach Taylor pretty much said he’s not open to moving first overall. With that said, Miami would have to offer more than 3 1sts and a 2nd, and even their coach and GM just said they don’t want to sell the farm for Burrow, so that’s not gonna happen. 

Looks like the band is getting back together:

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/sports/nfl/report-gronk-ends-retirement-joins-buccaneers-via-trade/ar-BB130969?li=AAggNb9

Rob Gronkowski is ending his retirement, and the New England Patriots have agreed to trade him and a seventh-round pick to the Tampa Bay Buccaneers for a fourth-round pick, a source told Adam Schefter of ESPN.

The decorated tight end has already taken a physical for the Buccaneers, he told FOX Sports' Jay Glazer.

Gronkowski, who has one year left on his Patriots deal, hinted Monday that he was open to a reunion with his former quarterback.

3 hours ago, Pears said:

Bengals trade Dalton to NE for that 4th round pick, then flip that 4th back to Tampa and maybe another mid-late round pick as well for OJ Howard :ph34r:

I wonder if they tried to include OJ in the deal but wanted too much in return. Pretty poor season for him but a change of scenery would probably do him a lot of good and he definitely has no spot with the Gronkowski arrival.

• Cheers 1

49 minutes ago, Ronaldoescobar said:

I wonder if they tried to include OJ in the deal but wanted too much in return. Pretty poor season for him but a change of scenery would probably do him a lot of good and he definitely has no spot with the Gronkowski arrival.

We need a starting tight end so if Tampa is really shopping Howard we should be all over him

1 hour ago, Ronaldoescobar said:

If you guys could do that and ditch AD at the same time things would be looking up for sure.

Oh for sure I think we’ll wait to see how day 1 plays out before making a decision on Dalton. He’ll either be traded or released 100% though. 

• Cheers 1

16 hours ago, Ronaldoescobar said:

What're you talking about? Gronk only plays 6 games a year. ;)

Edited by NucksPatsFan
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, NucksPatsFan said:

What're you talking about? Gronk only plays 6 games a year. ;)

They also have Cam Brate, also signed for a few years, who is not as athletic as OJ Howard, but is quite sure handed. He's not gonna stretch the field like Howard but is really good in the endzone and short-intermediate routes. Im not sure Arians from a the get go is a fan of OJ, Arians offences doesn't really find the TE all the important. IMO, Falcons should jump on OJ Howard. Fantasy football wise, if Howard ends up with the Falcons (Dirk Koetter's offence has always ALWAYS utilized a TE), he'd be #2 and would probably challenge Kelce for #1 TE in the league

Who are 3 guys this weekend, regardless of round, you want to see your team walk away with?

I'll start.

1. Jake Fromm - QB, Georgia, take him in mid to late 3rd round maybe early 4th. 

2. Patrick Queen - LB, LSU, trade down from 23-late 20's, accumulate an extra 3rd or 4th, and take him there. 

3. Brycen Hopkins - TE, Purdue, take him in mid 3rd round. Tall, Big, and Fast

On 4/15/2020 at 2:08 AM, filthycanuck said:

Jalen Hurts going early 2nd, late 1st is really gaining steam. I wonder which team would bite, I think he'd play well in the right system. After Lamar Jackson's season, a lot of coaches namely Belichick and Anthony Lynn (Chargers) are eyeing these new age mobile QBs. Any of you guys have an assesment on the top WRs on this years draft?

Obviously everyone that follows the NFL draft knows about the big 3 WR.

My top 10.

1. Lamb

2. Jeudy

3. Ruggs

4. Reagor

5. Aiyuk

6. Mims

7. Jefferson

8. Higgins

9. Sheneault

10. Hamler