The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NFL thread

Tony Romo

On 4/25/2020 at 12:44 AM, filthycanuck said:

My broncos took KJ Hamler in the 2nd, good player, fast, but I probably wouldve preferred Claypool. Would've been awesome having a big bodied Claypool in one side, Sutton in the other and have Jeudy just gash defences in the slot. Bronco's offence is looking mighty deadly

Let us see how lock handles a full regular season before we crown this offense as the next big thing.  I do like the donkeys offense, but you are gonba get banged up playing against an improved kc d and my crazy chargers defense twice each.

Not gonna pretend to know who these UDFA’s are. But 1 guy I did know was Jeff Thomas. He should’ve been a drafted player had he not had off field issues. Some say if he stayed at Illinois instead of transferring to Miami he could’ve been drafted. Great route runner and fast but undersized. Was actually curious to see where he’d end up and was surprised just now to see on Twitter we signed him. 

Should compete for a #4/5 WR spot. 

On 4/26/2020 at 3:21 AM, Chip Kelly said:

I think we can all agree the Packers had the worst draft by far. They needed to add a WR or 2 in the best WR class since 2014 and came away with a QB and a power RB instead.

If I am Rodgers I give the Packers the same silent treatment that he gives to his family the entire off-season until they a) apologize and explain the rationale and b) try to trade or sign for a proven vet WR.

At least the Eagles told Wentz they might draft Jalen Hurts early then went out on day 3 and added speed at WR in hopes that 1 or 2 of these guys will stick.

The Eagles are trying be the NFC version of the Chiefs adding as much speed as possible at WR.

Desean Jackson, Jalen Reagor, Marquise Goodwin, Quez Watkins, John Hightower all these guys are potential deep threats.

That's 5 guys 6 foot or under and weighing less than 200 pounds.

Very light and short WR core but they can compete in a track meet against any NFL team now. 

They won't be outclassed in speed anymore at WR. Whether speed on paper translates to an exciting,explosive,fun, and high scoring offence with more wins remains to be seen...

Yup the Packers and the Eagles had terrible drafts, Packers probably with the absolute worst. Its questionable if Jordan Love is THAT much better or even is better than Fromm, Eason or Hurts that you HAD to get him in the 1st round, got another RB to a roster that has 2 already, and didn't add an impact WR to give Devante Adams help because after him, the Packers WRs are trash.

On 4/26/2020 at 7:14 PM, Pears said:

9 to 85 is back :emot-parrot:

Whats your opinion on the Higgins pick? I was a bit suprised the Bengals would take him especially since they got Green, Boyd, and somewhat breaking out Ross. Kind of figured they'd try to fill other spots of need like Travon Diggs, or one of the safeties that were still on the board at that time like Winfield or McKinney

On 4/26/2020 at 7:27 AM, Isam said:

Let us see how lock handles a full regular season before we crown this offense as the next big thing.  I do like the donkeys offense, but you are gonba get banged up playing against an improved kc d and my crazy chargers defense twice each.

We'll see, KC will be tough to catch in a trackmeet but I think they can make a run at a wildcard. One of my fav picks out of the Broncos was the C from LSU Cushenberry who I think is gonna be an upgrade. The only thing Im worried about is how the offence is going to look since they just hired Shurmur to run the offense

On 4/25/2020 at 11:05 PM, NucksPatsFan said:

Maybe he’ll end up in the cfl like son of other HOF WR Cris Carter 

I don't know if he'll even end up in the CFL since he's pretty slow. His blocking is NFL calibre though so he's probably going to be just a strictly blocking TE that will catch a few passes. I hope he makes it, Im a big fan of his dad, arguably the best WR all time not named Jerry Rice

10 hours ago, filthycanuck said:

Whats your opinion on the Higgins pick? I was a bit suprised the Bengals would take him especially since they got Green, Boyd, and somewhat breaking out Ross. Kind of figured they'd try to fill other spots of need like Travon Diggs, or one of the safeties that were still on the board at that time like Winfield or McKinney

Safety wasn’t really a need anymore since we just signed Vonn Bell, and we only have two receivers under contract after 2020. Higgins is honestly the perfect WR for Burrow.  

Edited by Pears
typo

17 hours ago, filthycanuck said:

He's too talented to drop out of the first round.  Would have had much more impressive stats in college if he wasn't only playing half the game most of the time due to garbage time and Swinney liking to play the younger kids a lot.  A lot of value there.

7 hours ago, King Heffy said:

He's too talented to drop out of the first round.  Would have had much more impressive stats in college if he wasn't only playing half the game most of the time due to garbage time and Swinney liking to play the younger kids a lot.  A lot of value there.

no doubt, I liked Tee Higgins over Raego, Ayuk even Jefferson in the draft, I kind of figured with Boyd, Green and Ross, the Bengals would go another route. Higgins is gonna be a good one. From what ive seen he looks like Plaxico Burress, without the shooting himself with the leg thing hahaha