The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NFL thread

Tony Romo

2 hours ago, NucksPatsFan said:

Middle fingers up to Drew Brees 

Brees should know better this long after Kaep took a knee.  If he doesn't get it by now, he never will.   Looking forward to seeing Miller and Chubb make him eat a dirt sandwich.

10 hours ago, NucksPatsFan said:

No doubt, in one fell swoop, his farewell tour just got gassed and his rep tarnished. Geez out of ALL THE PLACES, hes the biggest celebrity in New Orleans. NOLA has a deep deep roots in black history, thats where the slave trade happened when the French who colonized the area were importing slaves from Africa. Brees should know better that its not about an anthem nor the flag.

• Upvote 1

Even the sign of kneeling is by no means any disrespect. Its praise, or homage. If Kaepernick was doing jumping jacks during the anthem, different story. Im so glad though that guys like Aaron Rodgers, Malcolm Jenkins, Lebron James etc. chimed in. I really hope a huge change comes out of this. What Id love to see is the White House get absolutely defaced with "all lives matter" and rainbows everywhere. Only in America is where racial injustice is so rampant.

15 hours ago, Tre Mac said:

True enough, but still, its a stain thats not going to come off for awhile for Drew Brees. No matter what good he's done, his rep has been tarnished sadly enough. The way it was worded, the timing, and most of all, who he represents. Brees is the biggest celebrity in New Orleans, like i mentioned, has a history with the black community, and a population thats predominantly black. Watching Undisputed and First Take today, guys like Shannon Sharpe, , Skip, Stephen A. even mentioning that this would probably be a good time for Drew to retire

6 hours ago, filthycanuck said:

True enough, but still, its a stain thats not going to come off for awhile for Drew Brees. No matter what good he's done, his rep has been tarnished sadly enough. The way it was worded, the timing, and most of all, who he represents. Brees is the biggest celebrity in New Orleans, like i mentioned, has a history with the black community, and a population thats predominantly black. Watching Undisputed and First Take today, guys like Shannon Sharpe, , Skip, Stephen A. even mentioning that this would probably be a good time for Drew to retire

I just think too much energy is being wasted on Brees, I don't think he is the problem in regards to the systematic racism in the US and there would probably a lot less racism and hate if there were more people like him in the world - and I ain't a Brees fan.  I also don't care what Skip and Stephen A. think tbh, especially if they think he should retire over this.  If they want to go after a white guy that was staunchly opposed to kneeling go after Goddell, Pence or Trump.  

• Vintage 1

On 6/3/2020 at 3:44 PM, NucksPatsFan said:

I see he's done a complete 180 now.....telling Bone Spurs that kneeling has "never been about the flag".....

Pretty much in complete contrast with what he said earlier this week. Must be really worried about losing endorsements....<_<

3 hours ago, RUPERTKBD said:

I see he's done a complete 180 now.....telling Bone Spurs that kneeling has "never been about the flag".....

Pretty much in complete contrast with what he said earlier this week. Must be really worried about losing endorsements....<_<

More likely worried about having his lucrative NBC football broadcasting contract taken away to jumpstart his post career where he will try to jump on the momentum created by Tony Romo's move to the broadcast booth.

This is his last season he has a job waiting for him whether or not the Saints make the Super Bowl this year or not. The only thing that would affect his broadcast role is if enough people complained about him and petitioned to have him removed.

He made the right pr move to protect his future career.

4 hours ago, RUPERTKBD said:

I'm of the belief that the first statement is always a person's true feelings, follow up's are advisory statements from agents, managers, spouses, general managers, etc. 

If people actually felt the way they claim to in their follow up statements, they never would've made the first emotional statement

• Cheers 1

On 6/6/2020 at 5:00 PM, Chip Kelly said:

More likely worried about having his lucrative NBC football broadcasting contract taken away to jumpstart his post career where he will try to jump on the momentum created by Tony Romo's move to the broadcast booth.

This is his last season he has a job waiting for him whether or not the Saints make the Super Bowl this year or not. The only thing that would affect his broadcast role is if enough people complained about him and petitioned to have him removed.

I still cant believe Tony Romo's meteoric rise in broadcasting. In 2 years he was color guy in the superbowl and hes part of CBS A-team. Above average QB his football career but in the broadcast booth, I think everyone can agree, hes the absolute best in the business

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

On 6/6/2020 at 5:00 PM, Chip Kelly said:

Vick can get a job in broadcasting with his history.  I\

16 hours ago, filthycanuck said:

I still cant believe Tony Romo's meteoric rise in broadcasting. In 2 years he was color guy in the superbowl and hes part of CBS A-team. Above average QB his football career but in the broadcast booth, I think everyone can agree, hes the absolute best in the business

It's hard to believe.  I've chosen the game he was working just because of him.

On 6/8/2020 at 6:01 PM, King Heffy said:

Vick is still a bit guy though is he not? He doesn't get to be on nationally televised broadcasts like Drew Brees will be with NBC.

Kind of interesting though that more white people were outraged at Vick in America for fighting, torturing and killing dogs than there are of white people angered about the systemic racism and police brutality suffered by blacks over all these years until now...

On 6/8/2020 at 6:01 PM, King Heffy said:

Other than the look like hes made for tv, his analysis has a bit more meat to the bone, so to speak. Its like he can give you fancy football jargon, but its enough that novice football audiences can take it in. Like for example " the chiefs are playing a 2 deep zone and theres a linebacker on julian edelman. Thats where the ball is going to go". Its not like that moron Trent Dilfer talking about release points and all that garbage. Kurt Warner is a good listen but I think he's just sometimes too technical which is good for a lot of us fanatics, but a bit much for a social watcher. Romo has the credentials to back it up, a one time MVP candidate but overall a decent career (depends who you talk to), Dilfer was an absolutely atrocious QB. For him to give harsh criticism to a guy like Tim Tebow absolutely baffled me

On 6/16/2020 at 2:07 AM, filthycanuck said:

Forgot to add too, I think its already known that Greg Olsen who just became a seahawk, if going to transition to broadcasting. I got to catch some his analysis, he's going to be a good one. I think he's going to be part of the FOX broadcast team

Is he not going to pursue a career in hip-hop?