The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NFL thread

Tony Romo

39 minutes ago, Van40 said:

Can Newton revenge season with BB trying to prove he doesn't need Brady? Uh oh

AFC has 3 monster teams and the rest are way behind. 

Tampa is paying 43 old Tom Brady 18M more than Cam Newton. BB is a god damn wizard. 

4 hours ago, Van40 said:

Cam Newton revenge season with BB trying to prove he doesn't need Brady? Uh oh

AFC has 3 monster teams and the rest are way behind. 

That’s the scary thing. If Cam’s healthy being in that system is probably at least another division title for NE. 

Also flying under the radar with the Cam Newton news:

https://www.nfl.com/news/patriots-docked-third-round-pick-fined-1-1m-for-filming-bengals-sideline 

The New England Patriots were fined $1.1 million and docked a 2021 third-round draft pick by the NFL following an investigation into the filming of the Bengals' sideline during the 2019 season, NFL Network's Mike Garafolo reported Sunday.

The Patriots' team production crew also is barred from filming games this upcoming season, Garafolo added.

The league has been investigating New England since it was revealed the Patriots had a videographer film the Bengals' sideline from the Cleveland press box during a game late in the 2019 season.

At the time, the Patriots confirmed that the organization's video crew, independent of the football operation, did film the field while in the press box at the Bengals-Browns game. The Patriots said they reached out to the Browns for a credential for a videographer to shoot a behind-the-scenes piece on an advance scout as part of their "Do Your Job" video series.

13 minutes ago, peaches5 said:

NE still needs to go out and make a trade for a WR. Their receiving core is still terrible.

Jules, Harry, Sanu are a solid trio but would like someone a little faster on the outside.

Lee is a boom or bust lottery ticket. And Jakobi Meyers showed well as a rookie in his limited snaps, if he progresses then that'll be solid.

Though, might not need it with the run threat of Cam now.

14 minutes ago, NucksPatsFan said:

Jules, Harry, Sanu are a solid trio but would like someone a little faster on the outside.

Lee is a boom or bust lottery ticket. And Jakobi Meyers showed well as a rookie in his limited snaps, if he progresses then that'll be solid.

Though, might not need it with the run threat of Cam now.

Jules and Sanu are journeymen and Harry was pretty inconsistent. Hopefully, he can be more consistent this year. I think they need a real threat on WR to be considered a threat in the AFC.

4 minutes ago, peaches5 said:

Jules and Sanu are journeymen and Harry was pretty inconsistent. Hopefully, he can be more consistent this year. I think they need a real threat on WR to be considered a threat in the AFC.

Jules is a 1k yard receiver and consistent, Super Bowl MVP and the most clutch guy we have. He's not a journeyman. 

Sanu is a safe hands, low yard guy. Not expecting much, not expecting too little. 

Harry was mostly injured and barely getting in. He's got a lot of potential, just needs to stay healthy. We've won ships with Jules as our #1 receiver, but have never had this kind of dual threat under center. 

Lee and Meyers are big wildcards. Could swing in either way.

2 hours ago, NucksPatsFan said:

Jules is a 1k yard receiver and consistent, Super Bowl MVP and the most clutch guy we have. He's not a journeyman. 

Sanu is a safe hands, low yard guy. Not expecting much, not expecting too little. 

Harry was mostly injured and barely getting in. He's got a lot of potential, just needs to stay healthy. We've won ships with Jules as our #1 receiver, but have never had this kind of dual threat under center. 

Lee and Meyers are big wildcards. Could swing in either way.

Calling Edelman a journeyman is ignorant, although ideally he'd be a #2 guy.   Most journeymen don't win championships as the WR1 and play for only one team for as long as he has.

• Cheers 1

11 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

Calling Edelman a journeyman is ignorant, although ideally he'd be a #2 guy.   Most journeymen don't win championships as the WR1 and play for only one team for as long as he has.

Yep. Journeyman is the exact wrong word to describe Edelman. 

1 hour ago, King Heffy said:

Calling Edelman a number 1 receiver is laughable. He is a Journeyman. He gets the job done but he isn't an elite receiver.

4 minutes ago, peaches5 said:

Calling Edelman a number 1 receiver is laughable. He is a Journeyman. He gets the job done but he isn't an elite receiver.

But he isn’t a journeyman though, he’s played with New England his whole career. 

3 minutes ago, peaches5 said:

I already said he should be a #2, which still isn't a journeyman.  He mightn't have the raw athletic ability of a Julio Jones but in your own words, he gets the job done with his high football IQ and great hands.  #5 in the league for receptions last year is pretty damn good for someone who isn't elite.

Just now, King Heffy said:

I already said he should be a #2, which still isn't a journeyman.  He mightn't have the raw athletic ability of a Julio Jones but in your own words, he gets the job done with his high football IQ and great hands.  #5 in the league for receptions last year is pretty damn good for someone who isn't elite.

He got the job done with Tom Brady. Arguably the best QB of all time. He's also 34 and plays a very gritty game. Who knows how his body holds up this year.

5 hours ago, peaches5 said:

Also flying under the radar with the Cam Newton news:

https://www.nfl.com/news/patriots-docked-third-round-pick-fined-1-1m-for-filming-bengals-sideline 

The New England Patriots were fined $1.1 million and docked a 2021 third-round draft pick by the NFL following an investigation into the filming of the Bengals' sideline during the 2019 season, NFL Network's Mike Garafolo reported Sunday.

The Patriots' team production crew also is barred from filming games this upcoming season, Garafolo added.

The league has been investigating New England since it was revealed the Patriots had a videographer film the Bengals' sideline from the Cleveland press box during a game late in the 2019 season.

At the time, the Patriots confirmed that the organization's video crew, independent of the football operation, did film the field while in the press box at the Bengals-Browns game. The Patriots said they reached out to the Browns for a credential for a videographer to shoot a behind-the-scenes piece on an advance scout as part of their "Do Your Job" video series.

Cam is such a bad fit for the Patriots. I don't even think hes going to beat out Stidham for the starting job. The patriots offense relies so much on accuracy and timing, which Cam has none of. He's pretty much one bad season to being out of the job

1 hour ago, filthycanuck said:

Cam is such a bad fit for the Patriots. I don't even think hes going to beat out Stidham for the starting job. The patriots offense relies so much on accuracy and timing, which Cam has none of. He's pretty much one bad season to being out of the job

It's a one year contract though.  You don't bring a personality as big as Newton to be the backup, but I wouldn't be surprised to see Stidham starting by the end of the year.

7 hours ago, filthycanuck said:

I've seen this take from so many people. Mcdaniels and Belichick will scheme to his strengths. He's not going to run the exact same offense as Brady lol

2 hours ago, Van40 said:

I've seen this take from so many people. Mcdaniels and Belichick will scheme to his strengths. He's not going to run the exact same offense as Brady lol

Ive seen pretty much seen every throw he's made when he's healthy the last 2 seasons (Cmac was in my fantasy team so I caught practically every quarter of Panthers games) Cam would sail easy throws to WRs that were low level flag football league open. Thats how bad Cam was. Its damning that a nobody like Kyle Allen would be able to replace Newton so easily. His one year contract doesn't necessarily means hes going to start, and you're right he's not going to run the same offence Brady does. The only way I see Cam being successful is if they have a run heavy scheme like the Ravens, first read, pitch it to the RB or run. Carolina was trying to too hard to get Cam to be a pocket passer for his safety since he's the franchise , not so much in NE. If he ends up playing, they'll run Newton to the ground as they are no way committed to him.