The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

R G M G part 2 [ST.LOUIS AND TAMPA BAY OPEN!]

Patrick Kane

Alright guys, as many of you heard the NHL proposed a new deal and the season may start as early as November 2nd.

Couple problems here for our league that I'd like to sort out with you guys and get opinions and thoughts because this isn't something we could make an executive decision on without putting it out there.

1. We were following to what we thought the cap would be of $70,200,000. However, I am hearing the cap may go down to as low as $55,000,000. What do you guys think, should we continue on with our $70,200,000 or keep the realism and make it whatever the NHL has.

2. The draft is at round 15, and a little over 2 weeks before the season starts (if the deal is accepted or made), we would have to do an online draft to speed things up. What time/day(s) work for you guys.

Alright guys, as many of you heard the NHL proposed a new deal and the season may start as early as November 2nd.

Couple problems here for our league that I'd like to sort out with you guys and get opinions and thoughts because this isn't something we could make an executive decision on without putting it out there.

1. We were following to what we thought the cap would be of $70,200,000. However, I am hearing the cap may go down to as low as $55,000,000. What do you guys think, should we continue on with our $70,200,000 or keep the realism and make it whatever the NHL has.

2. The draft is at round 15, and a little over 2 weeks before the season starts (if the deal is accepted or made), we would have to do an online draft to speed things up. What time/day(s) work for you guys.

Salary cap wise, I have just learned that in the proposal, it is also included that if this deal does go through, in year 1 of the deal the salary cap would be $70,200,000. So we are covered on that end, we follow the NHL.

Fehr better be careful for what he wishes for, otherwise I can see the owners just saying screw it, and cancelling the whole season. If Fehr wants to tinker this, tinker that, he better be careful, otherwise the owners will just backoff and look like the good guys while Fehr is the one who wanted more, more more. If Fehr does blow this deal though, the PA will now be getting heat, guarantee it.

All depends if the PA wants to come out of this current offer as reasonable, or the side that blew the NHL season because Fehr screwed up and wanted to tinker far too much.

Fehr and the PA are lucky the NHL gave them an offer right out of the blue like this.

Archived