The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

R G M G part 2 [ST.LOUIS AND TAMPA BAY OPEN!]

Patrick Kane

Fehr better be careful for what he wishes for, otherwise I can see the owners just saying screw it, and cancelling the whole season. If Fehr wants to tinker this, tinker that, he better be careful, otherwise the owners will just backoff and look like the good guys while Fehr is the one who wanted more, more more. If Fehr does blow this deal though, the PA will now be getting heat, guarantee it.

I definitely agree. At this point, I think Gary Bettman has gave out a very fair proposal and like I said the ball is in NHLPA's court. They have to be careful with what they do here because like you said, it is a good chance the owners back off.

I think at this point, for the love of hockey and fans, this deal should very well be taken into considerations as being accepted as is. Very minor changes that really don't affect much is fine, but big changes could set off something.

Yup, all down to the PA now. They pretty much decide what happens with the season now, it's in their hands now. I think some things will be changed, but nothing drastic. PA has a little over a week to review it, and make some possible counteroffers on some issues, but if they don't accept, the owners just gained tons of support because either way, lockout or not, they're going to be the heroes out of this when they used a lockout as a threat in the first place.

Amazing how things can change so fast.

Elliotte Friedman ‏@FriedgeHNIC

Initial reaction from players is not great. They still see themselves losing on revenue split and contract terms. Want more info on...

revenue-sharing formula. Also concerned about escrow for next year even with any losses guaranteed as a deferral.

Adam Jahns ‏@adamjahns

Talked briefly again with #Blackhawks dman Steve Montador after NHLPA call, he said the NHL's new offer changes what makes up HRR again.

Thing is, the PA at least has something they can tinker and change now, where before there was nothing to go off of.

Initial reaction from players is not great. They still see themselves losing on revenue split and contract terms. Want more info on...

revenue-sharing formula. Also concerned about escrow for next year even with any losses guaranteed as a deferral.

Adam Jahns ‏@adamjahns

Talked briefly again with #Blackhawks dman Steve Montador after NHLPA call, he said the NHL's new offer changes what makes up HRR again.

Thing is, the PA at least has something they can tinker and change now, where before there was nothing to go off of.

How much information has been released about the NHL's offer? The 50-50 thing sounds great but there's a hell of a lot more that needs to be figured out. Wouldn't be surprised if this was just a tactic to shift public opinion since most people seem to be pretty angry with the owners this time around.

How much information has been released about the NHL's offer? The 50-50 thing sounds great but there's a hell of a lot more that needs to be figured out. Wouldn't be surprised if this was just a tactic to shift public opinion since most people seem to be pretty angry with the owners this time around.

Dallas Stars

Dustin Brown-Matt Duchene-Jakub Voracek

Mikkel Boedker-Martin Hanzal-Brett Connolly

Nino Niederreiter-Zack Smith-Andrew Cogliano

Alex Pietrangelo-Erik Johnson

Luca Sbisa-Tom Gilbert

Kris Russell

Corey Crawford

Thoughts guys and girls?

Archived