The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

R G M G part 2 [ST.LOUIS AND TAMPA BAY OPEN!]

Patrick Kane

...And just to seal off any other remaining clouds surrounding Brunner:

The questions of will he get top 6 minutes? Well, hear it from Babcock himself...

An older "rookie" at the age of 26, Brunner is a right-handed shooting winger who uses his speed, crafty moves and good hands to stuff the stat sheet.

He played four seasons for Zug of the Swiss Elite League and found much success. In his four seasons playing in his native country, he amassed a total of 190 points in 168 games (via nhl.com).

Red Wings head coach Mike Babcock was impressed with the Swiss forward and told Ansar Khan of Mlive the following:

I know a lot about [brunner] because I went to the world championships and watched him play...The thing for us is he’s high, high paced, he scored, looks like he has tons of skill...Can he adjust and play the North American game? We’re going to give him every opportunity. He’ll be a top-six forward to start with us, and [we will] see where he goes with us.

Should Babcock's words come to fruition, Brunner would give the Red Wings a viable scoring threat with the right-handed shot they have sought for years.

Adding a pure goal scorer like Brunner gives the Red Wings' already lethal offense more punch.

Next 5:

/user/85667-henrik-sedin/">Henrik Sedin - Vancouver

/user/60611-kanye-west/">Kanye West - LA

/user/56271-viggy-smalls/">Viggy Smalls - St. Louis (...Was previously known as Alain Vigneault and #LOL if you don't know...)

/user/64566-pretty-swede-91/">Pretty-Swede-91 - Anaheim

/user/55190-intoewsables/">Intoewsables - Detroit

If you believe he will be a top six, why are you spending so much time trying to justify your pick and convince us he will be. It's you pick, it shouldn't matter to you what other people say since you were mocking the people who questioned you as "NHL experts"

I personally do not think he will, Detroits got guys like Tatar, Nyquist, Jurco who have done some time developing. I really don't think guys like Brunner pan out. i.e Brunnstrom.

Let's continue with the draft.

Babcock doesn't give out free minutes, that's for sure, but Brunner only signed 1 year so I'm sure they'll play him as much as they can to make him re-sign afterwards. And with the chance of him starting in the minors, so be it....someone picked that Tarasenko guy early too, he will likely start in the minors; no big difference really.

Archived