2953 replies to this topic

#1891 JHansenFan

JHansenFan

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,363 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 08:16 PM

yes i'm on the thread. I have the player i want to pick, but i have a feeling there's a player better on the table still.

Posted Image
Sick Sig Made By: allons-y

#1892 JHansenFan

JHansenFan

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,363 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 08:29 PM

Under new (better) management the Coyotes are overjoyed to be making their second pick in as many rounds. It is our great pleasure to announce that the Phoenix Coyotes are proud to select a former Capital, and a great addition to our third line at a bargain price... 385th overall in this years draft....

Mathieu "Sick Flow" Perreault

Posted Image

Not only does Perreault have the passes of Henrik Sedin, but he is also a shifty skater who scored 16 goals, and a total of 30 points. He is strong on the face-offs, and is known to be a clutch performer, and will play a top 9 role on the Capitals this year. He is a fantastic two way centre, with some offensive flair and to be honest is any General Manger's dream to land in the 12th round. However more importantly his sick flow will be a tremendous acquisition to the team's dressing room, boosting our morale and confidence. We had three other players in mind, but his flow is a definite game changer. We are confident enough to pencil him into a spot on our third line, and after signing a two year extension in July we know that he will be consistent enough in the NHL to fit in on the Phoenix Coyotes. As one would say... I got the Moves like Perrault !

Edited by JHansenFan, 07 October 2012 - 02:27 PM.

Posted Image

#1893 gmen81

gmen81

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,120 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 08:54 PM

I'm here, but I'm just at my sisters house. Will be able to make my pick before I go to bed tonight.
Posted Image

#1894 gmen81

gmen81

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 13,120 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 10:06 PM

With the 386th pick of the RGMG draft the Tampa Bay Lightning are pleased to select from Ann Arbor Michigan, Ian Cole

Posted Image

Edited by gmen81, 06 October 2012 - 10:06 PM.

Posted Image

#1895 Sidney Crosby.

Sidney Crosby.

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,956 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 10:28 PM

AmazingNuck Member Since 27 Dec 2006
OfflineLast Active Sep 29 2012 04:27 PM

I have a feeling that I am going to have to wait for the whole six hour rule for AmazingNuck

Posted Image

#1896 The Purple Panda

The Purple Panda

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 480 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 11:17 PM

Under new (better) management the Coyotes are overjoyed to be making their second pick in as many rounds. It is our great pleasure to announce that the Phoenix Coyotes are proud to select a former Capital, and a great addition to our third line at a bargain price... 385th overall in this years draft....

Mathieu "Sick Flow" Perrault

Posted Image

Not only does Perrault have the passes of Henrik Sedin, but he is also a shifty skater who scored 16 goals, and a total of 30 points. He is strong on the face-offs, and is known to be a clutch performer, and will play a top 9 role on the Capitals this year. He is a fantastic two way centre, with some offensive flair and to be honest is any General Manger's dream to land in the 12th round. However more importantly his sick flow will be a tremendous acquisition to the team's dressing room, boosting our morale and confidence. We had three other players in mind, but his flow is a definite game changer. We are confident enough to pencil him into a spot on our third line, and after signing a two year extension in July we know that he will be consistent enough in the NHL to fit in on the Phoenix Coyotes. As one would say... I got the Moves like Perrault !

Darn it all really wanted this guy... Of course though missed my pick... Great pick!

Jensen > Kassian
Gillis dropped the ball on the Hodgson trade.
If Kassian ever becomes a 30 goal scorer I will pierce my nipples.

#1897 JHansenFan

JHansenFan

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,363 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 11:22 PM

Darn it all really wanted this guy... Of course though missed my pick... Great pick!

Funny story about how i found him though. I googled "Sleeper Picks" and found him haha. I had a few other guys, but i was curious to see if there were anymore options out there beside my other players that could perhaps last another round or two. Thanks :)

Posted Image

#1898 SOB for MVP

SOB for MVP

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,099 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 12:58 AM

Hmmm.....

dont like the pick?

Posted Image

sig by -VC-

#1899 Caboose

Caboose

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 11,575 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 12:59 PM

AN skipped yet?

f54xok.jpg

Vintage Canuck

#1900 Gally

Gally

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,077 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 01:02 PM

AN skipped yet?

4 p.m.

Posted Image

Credit to -Vintage Canuck-

my mom wouldn't let me touch the laptop because I have to stand after I eat....kinda stupid

#1901 AriGold

AriGold

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,661 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 01:03 PM

AN skipped yet?

Last pick was 9:06pm last night which only takes 54 min off his 6 hours and its only been 3 hours 3 min today.

So he has another 2 hours and 3 minutes left.. AKA 3:06

RedSoxvsYankees.jpg

#1902 Caboose

Caboose

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 11,575 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 01:04 PM

Last pick was 9:06pm last night which only takes 54 min off his 6 hours and its only been 3 hours 3 min today.

So he has another 2 hours and 3 minutes left.. AKA 3:06

I was told there wouldn't be math.

f54xok.jpg

Vintage Canuck

#1903 susraiders

susraiders

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,413 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 02:46 PM

When can I make up my pick? Can I do it when I make my next pick?

#1904 Sidney Crosby.

Sidney Crosby.

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,956 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 02:53 PM

When can I make up my pick? Can I do it when I make my next pick?

I think everyone has to wait until the end of the round to make up missed picks

Posted Image

#1905 Gally

Gally

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,077 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 03:20 PM

Skip

Posted Image

my mom wouldn't let me touch the laptop because I have to stand after I eat....kinda stupid

#1906 Sidney Crosby.

Sidney Crosby.

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,956 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 03:21 PM

Based on Ari's timeline AmazingNuck is now skipped. Now I am proud to announce my first pick as GM of the Florida Panthers, Brian Boyle of the New York Rangers.

I am suprised he is around this late for a top 9 forward. The big 6-7' frame, Boyle can load up on PIM's and chip in a few points here and there. I hope that he can regain his 20 goal form from two years ago. Playing on the New York Rangers, Boyle is bound to help me out down the strech and in the playoffs.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#1907 Sidney Crosby.

Sidney Crosby.

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,956 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 03:43 PM

That is the 6th skipped pick this round alone by the way... Going to be a long draft if some GM's continue to not show up to make their picks. I propose that after 3 your picks get skipped, from this point forward, then any skipped picks in the future cannot be made up after the given 6 hours of time. There is 10 more rounds to go and will be painfully slow if we wait for 6 hours for a similar group of GM's to not show up to make their picks.

I understand GM's not making there picks because life does come before CDC (at least for most of us). I think you should have a pretty good idea before hand if you are not going to be around to draft your players so you can just ask to make the picks when you get back like UMADBRO did or simply leave a list with other GM's/PK or IK. And finally, I know the NHL is currently locked out and it's just an offline draft (which I perfer), but I don't think that is neccesarily right to wait around 6 hours each time for some guys. Like I said if you get skipped 3 or more times, then I think there should be some steeper penalties. Thoughts?

Posted Image

#1908 Dion Phaneuf

Dion Phaneuf

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,183 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 03:49 PM

^ I agree.

I'd rather get this draft done with then let it linger on forever. I understand that you want to keep league interest but IMO this is getting a bit ridiculous. *I doubt we will all jump ship after drafting all summer and possibly fall.

Some simple rules changes would help immensely.

8am - 12 am
5 hour limit

Edited by The Phaneuf Train, 07 October 2012 - 04:29 PM.

Posted Image

#1909 Joffrey Lupul

Joffrey Lupul

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,321 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 03:50 PM

^ I agree.

I'd rather get this draft done with then let it linger on forever. I understand that you want to keep league interest but IMO this is getting a bit ridiculous. *I doubt we will all jump ship after drafting all summer and possibly fall.

Some simple rules changes would help immensely.

8am - 12 pm
5 hour limit

you mean midnight? Thats only 4 hours lol

2zi66q8.jpgnv20o20imarksmanx_zpsb4f8b662.jpg?55

small.pngGM - STHS Signature Credit goes to Vintage Canuck.

#1910 Gally

Gally

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,077 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 03:51 PM

What about from 5-10 p.m. there is a 1 hour time limit?

Posted Image

#1911 Sidney Crosby.

Sidney Crosby.

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,956 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 04:00 PM

I think the current time restrictions that PK and IK put in place are good, however I was just hoping that we could avoid GM's continually getting their picks skipped by placing some penalties

Edited by Sidney Crosby., 07 October 2012 - 04:01 PM.

Posted Image

#1912 Dion Phaneuf

Dion Phaneuf

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,183 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 04:31 PM

I just want the time restrictions to be changed. And, yes I meant midnight lol.

* Basically it's the old restrictions with one hour less to pick

Posted Image

#1913 Dave Bolland

Dave Bolland

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,274 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 04:46 PM

Or do an online draft, and then a sim league.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#1914 Brad Marchand

Brad Marchand

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,017 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 05:15 PM

Winnipeg selects G Jacob Markstrom
Posted ImagePosted Image
Luc Bourdon & Rick Rypien: Forever Canucks

#1915 DollarAndADream

DollarAndADream

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,421 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 06:54 PM

God it's taking long to do rounds. I don't have a pick in the 13th so I feel like the wait is forever.

Although it seems like it's going faster than it was.

Posted Image
RIP LB/RR - Signature credit to JimLahey

#1916 AmazingNuck

AmazingNuck

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 13,610 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 07:00 PM

That is the 6th skipped pick this round alone by the way... Going to be a long draft if some GM's continue to not show up to make their picks. I propose that after 3 your picks get skipped, from this point forward, then any skipped picks in the future cannot be made up after the given 6 hours of time. There is 10 more rounds to go and will be painfully slow if we wait for 6 hours for a similar group of GM's to not show up to make their picks.

I understand GM's not making there picks because life does come before CDC (at least for most of us). I think you should have a pretty good idea before hand if you are not going to be around to draft your players so you can just ask to make the picks when you get back like UMADBRO did or simply leave a list with other GM's/PK or IK. And finally, I know the NHL is currently locked out and it's just an offline draft (which I perfer), but I don't think that is neccesarily right to wait around 6 hours each time for some guys. Like I said if you get skipped 3 or more times, then I think there should be some steeper penalties. Thoughts?

I certainly don't have the time to constantly check the thread to see if a pick is made. If you guys want me to pick within 5 minutes of my pick, then you should tell Roho to notify me ASAP. I don't want to miss these picks, and I certainly don't want people to wait around, but I have no other choice. It's been over a week since my last pick. I'm not going to constantly check the thread to see if my pick is up, if it takes more than a week for me to pick.

Right now is midterm season, and the lockout is currently going on. Why the rush? If the lockout is resolved, then make the game an online draft. As it stands, there probably won't be hockey for a year. Are you really in a rush to finalize a roster that probably won't even get to play until next year? You're still going to have to wait until the games have started to see action. All I see is anxiety to get that certain player on your team. If I was a betting man, I'd say we're probably just going to redraft anyways if the season is cancelled completely.
Posted Image

#1917 AmazingNuck

AmazingNuck

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 13,610 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 07:02 PM

What about from 5-10 p.m. there is a 1 hour time limit?

And what if a person's pick lines up exactly as they're writing a midterm? They should miss their pick because some high school kids are too antsy to wait around? The season isn't even starting yet. I know you want your players, and you want to have a competitive advantage over everyone else, but the games aren't even starting for the foreseeable future.
Posted Image

#1918 Gally

Gally

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,077 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 07:07 PM

And what if a person's pick lines up exactly as they're writing a midterm? They should miss their pick because some high school kids are too antsy to wait around? The season isn't even starting yet. I know you want your players, and you want to have a competitive advantage over everyone else, but the games aren't even starting for the foreseeable future.

No need to get mad just throwing out options

Posted Image

#1919 Dion Phaneuf

Dion Phaneuf

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,183 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 07:09 PM

I'm in my 5th year, I'm able to find time for this too. Takes literally 5 minutes to check.

Wouldn't it make sense to get this draft over with? We don't need to worry about missing a pick, etc.

Also, I don't think the majority of us of be in favor of a re-draft. It really would be a waste of time.

EDIT: I'm not mad at anybody nor do I care if you miss your pick...all I care about is getting this draft over with.

Edited by The Phaneuf Train, 07 October 2012 - 07:16 PM.

Posted Image

#1920 Brad Marchand

Brad Marchand

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,017 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 07:12 PM

Some of you need to relax. It's just a game.

Why make such a big deal if someone misses the deadline by an hour or so? It's not like the season is starting any time soon.
Posted ImagePosted Image
Luc Bourdon & Rick Rypien: Forever Canucks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.