The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

R G M G part 2 [ST.LOUIS AND TAMPA BAY OPEN!]

Patrick Kane

Dont know how the playoffs are set up (whether they are like what the PHL was, or different), but here is a suggestion

Dont know about other people, but I find it dumb that some leagues have playoffs the same time as the NHL, and only players in the NHL playoffs can score points for the league.

For example, the best fantasy team can be a majority of guys who dont make the playoffs IRL, and then dont do anything because they cant score points in the playoffs.

My suggestion, as I do in my yahoo fantasy leagues (and all NFL fantasy leagues), start our playoffs ~3 weeks before the NHL playoffs start, therefore every team gets their full rosters, and every team has an equal chance to win rather than (for example) the #1 seed having 4 players in the playoffs and only getting points from those four, against the #8 seed who may have 12 players on their team in the playoffs and getting points from all of those players in the playoffs. - If that made any sense

To summarize

Suggesting playoffs start roughly 3 weeks before the actual NHL playoffs start so that all teamshave full rosters and have a fair crack in the playoffs

Dont know how the playoffs are set up (whether they are like what the PHL was, or different), but here is a suggestion

Dont know about other people, but I find it dumb that some leagues have playoffs the same time as the NHL, and only players in the NHL playoffs can score points for the league.

For example, the best fantasy team can be a majority of guys who dont make the playoffs IRL, and then dont do anything because they cant score points in the playoffs.

My suggestion, as I do in my yahoo fantasy leagues (and all NFL fantasy leagues), start our playoffs ~3 weeks before the NHL playoffs start, therefore every team gets their full rosters, and every team has an equal chance to win rather than (for example) the #1 seed having 4 players in the playoffs and only getting points from those four, against the #8 seed who may have 12 players on their team in the playoffs and getting points from all of those players in the playoffs. - If that made any sense

To summarize

Suggesting playoffs start roughly 3 weeks before the actual NHL playoffs start so that all teams have a fair crack in the playoffs

To summarize

Suggesting playoffs start roughly 3 weeks before the actual NHL playoffs start so that all teamshave full rosters and have a fair crack in the playoffs

Archived