The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The MLB Thread- 2014 Season

gmen81

Yeah, the Tigers aren't exactly poor, but it was the Yankees. Didn't matter who beat them, I was going to be happy about it.

Well I'm happy too, but the small market miracle would have been the Athletics or Orioles, not the $135 million Tigers. Good for them, but they floated and underachieved their way through a lackluster season and needed a White Sox choke to get in. Shows that the playoffs can be a real crapshoot, and I don't think they really deserve any praise for what they've done. Fielder makes 23 million, Miguel makes 21 million, Verlander makes 20 million and then they have a whole host of guys in the 5-10 million range.

Well I'm happy too, but the small market miracle would have been the Athletics or Orioles, not the $135 million Tigers. Good for them, but they floated and underachieved their way through a lackluster season and needed a White Sox choke to get in. Shows that the playoffs can be a real crapshoot, and I don't think they really deserve any praise for what they've done. Fielder makes 23 million, Miguel makes 21 million, Verlander makes 20 million and then they have a whole host of guys in the 5-10 million range.

U MAD, BRO?

I was going to say, the Tigers are not a small market team, but no one comes close to the Yankmees, Red Sox, or Dodgers. Good for them though, this gives baseball fans another team to see on a national level. Ratings might suffer, but who cares?

AND THE SAN FRANCISCO GIANTS ARE GOING TO THE WORLD SERIES!!!!! WOOOOOOOO

I'm sorry Tigers I was going to cheer for you if it was Cards vs Tigers but comon now San Fran is my second favroite team!!!! GO GIANTS!!!!!

And GM you should totally go to the World Series!!!! How much are tickets to the world series anyway?

AND THE SAN FRANCISCO GIANTS ARE GOING TO THE WORLD SERIES!!!!! WOOOOOOOO

I'm sorry Tigers I was going to cheer for you if it was Cards vs Tigers but comon now San Fran is my second favroite team!!!! GO GIANTS!!!!!

And GM you should totally go to the World Series!!!! How much are tickets to the world series anyway?

All sold out in presales from the Giants website. Stubhub they start around $400 for standing room only. Might have to take a pass on that one, much as I'd like to go. I've already done my once-in-a-lifetime gross overspend for a sports ticket (went to the 2010 Super Bowl in Miami), though I guess if prices come down a little bit in a last minute type of situation, I might reconsider. Also, I hate that a home game start time gets moved up 2 hours on the west coast but only 1 hour back out east. They do that in hockey as well, how about the compromise could be home field advantage includes only a one hour shift from normal start time? Stupid TV ratings dominated sports world.

All sold out in presales from the Giants website. Stubhub they start around $400 for standing room only. Might have to take a pass on that one, much as I'd like to go. I've already done my once-in-a-lifetime gross overspend for a sports ticket (went to the 2010 Super Bowl in Miami), though I guess if prices come down a little bit in a last minute type of situation, I might reconsider. Also, I hate that a home game start time gets moved up 2 hours on the west coast but only 1 hour back out east. They do that in hockey as well, how about the compromise could be home field advantage includes only a one hour shift from normal start time? Stupid TV ratings dominated sports world.

Damn.....didn't realize how much it would be. Well maybe you could get in your kayak and go out to the bay and hope a ball splashes near you lol. But damn you went to the Super Bowl? Lucky guy though it is extremely expensive

Damn.....didn't realize how much it would be. Well maybe you could get in your kayak and go out to the bay and hope a ball splashes near you lol. But damn you went to the Super Bowl? Lucky guy though it is extremely expensive

Well I don't own a kayak and that would probably cost more than a ticket. The Super Bowl was an amazing experience, but also an exercise in poor fiscal prudence. I got talked into it more than anything else. I'm still scanning stubhub, and might jump for a single if I can find one priced cheaply enough. Having said that, I imagine there are a number of people who would try to grab singles in a seated section and then just hang out in a SRO area, which is a higher demand item in the playoffs, so that might not yield much success. If the A's had made it I probably could've gotten a ticket, lousy modern stadiums with their artificially small capacity to stimulate demand (AT&T only holds 41,000).

Well I don't own a kayak and that would probably cost more than a ticket. The Super Bowl was an amazing experience, but also an exercise in poor fiscal prudence. I got talked into it more than anything else. I'm still scanning stubhub, and might jump for a single if I can find one priced cheaply enough. Having said that, I imagine there are a number of people who would try to grab singles in a seated section and then just hang out in a SRO area, which is a higher demand item in the playoffs, so that might not yield much success. If the A's had made it I probably could've gotten a ticket, lousy modern stadiums with their artificially small capacity to stimulate demand (AT&T only holds 41,000).

Aha I was joking about the kayak

I find stubhub is usually much, much cheaper than the box office, ticketmaster or the team website. If you find a ticket for like 20 bucks you should totally go

I find stubhub is usually much, much cheaper than the box office, ticketmaster or the team website. If you find a ticket for like 20 bucks you should totally go

I really don't think you will find a ticket to the World Series for $20. If that was the case I would fly down and go. Plus I'd be able to stay with my buddy who lives in Mountainview.

Stubhub isn't "cheaper" per se, it simply acts as a closer reflection of the true market value of the tickets. In the case of a weekday regular season game between two non-contending teams in the middle of the season, you can get tickets for almost nothing. In the case of a game in the World Series, stubhub will represent a markup. The exception is when you get close to game time, you can sometimes luck out with people who have to mark down below the general going rate in order to get rid of harder to unload seats (eg: singles or nosebleeds).

Archived