Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

gmen81

The MLB Thread- 2014 Season

Yep, you got that right Rupert.

I guess at this point I'm pulling for a Giant Tiger World Series. Maybe I can even get discount tickets...see what I did there....?

I hate the Yankees but I'm rooting for them to win this year because I want Ichiro to get the ring he deserved but never came close to in Seattle. Go Ichiro!

Even liking Ichiro is not enough for me to cheer for the Yankees. Though it would mitigate my displeasure if they did win. Same goes for Raul, always liked him in Seattle (my wife liked him too, but mostly because she likes saying his name). Actually, when you add in ARod and Rafael Soriano you can't deny a pretty solid contingent of ex-Mariners playing for the Yanks. That said, I doubt many Mariner fans are cheering for ARod. Soriano most would not have strong feelings towards, though I remember thinking they were very stupid to trade him (to the Braves for the decidedly unremarkable Horacio Ramirez if I recall correctly).

First couple of innings

What, you mean when he pitched out of a couple of jams and ended up not giving up a single run to one of the league's most potent offences?

What, you mean when he pitched out of a couple of jams and ended up not giving up a single run to one of the league's most potent offences?

When he gave up 3 straight walks

The thing for me is, Cano has been equally bad as ARod this postseason, and doesn't catch any flak at all for it, and sure isn't being pinchhit for. Not trying to come across as being in Alex's corner, cause I'm not, but let's call a spade a spade.

When he gave up 3 straight walks

And, like I said, got out of it unscathed. The ability to pitch out of those jams says easily as much about a pitcher as getting into them in the first place.

And, like I said, got out of it unscathed. The ability to pitch out of those jams says easily as much about a pitcher as getting into them in the first place.

True, I don't know much about baseball either so I'm sure your right haha

True, I don't know much about baseball either so I'm sure your right haha

I am right, but I'm glad that you recognize it. :) Baseball is a strange game in how unpredictable it can be. A guy can look awful for an inning and then be scintillating for the next 8. Cody Ross, a relative nobody, is still beloved in San Francisco for being the hero 2 years ago. ARod, one of the best of all time, is hated in New York because of a small number of subpar performances in the playoffs tarnishing an otherwise remarkable career.

Lets see...

Cheer for the Blue Jays, no playoffs.

Back the Reds, bounced in round 1.

Board the Harper train, ousted in 5.

Fly with the O's, beaten by the Evil Empire.

Pray for the Bay...A's are out.

I quit. I'm just going to watch for the sake of team sports.

I love how so many of the idiot Yankee fans left early and all the rich people seats were empty for the 9th. How stupid do you feel now for leaving and missing that 9th inning?

EDIT: dear God Andy Dirks has looked like a little leaguer this game, Leyland can't possibly play him next game.