The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The MLB Thread- 2014 Season

gmen81

Wow! Giants win the WS, then they celebrate with a riot. GM, are you safe?

God dammit...friggin riots :picard:

Haven't they seen what happened to vancouver.....

And I believe if there were to be a riot it'd be in downtown san francisco and I'm pretty sure GM said he lives in Oakland IIRC, I'm probably wrong though

Oh yeah - and its time to change your name to chisoxin13, lol

And I believe if there were to be a riot it'd be in downtown san francisco and I'm pretty sure GM said he lives in Oakland IIRC, I'm probably wrong though

Just curious, have you seen any coverage of this event in the media? Vancouver had to do the walk of shame, when the idiots destroyed downtown, guess the storm and election is too much for the American media.

I'm still licking my wounds as to what might have been, and yes come spring, after I get back from Hawaii, I'll be soxin13. The Tiggers collapsed worse than my Sox.

Last years game 6 in the world series was the best game I have ever seen.

Congrats san Francisco

cardinals were down to their last strike....TWICE

David Freese picked up the team and took them to the championship....was an entertaining series

Nope, I live in San Francisco, yes I'm still alive, and yes I got a firsthand look at the mayhem. Not quite the magnitude or intensity of the Vancouver Cup riots but after all, the Canucks lost. I watched this game at a bar in Mission district, and walked past a lot of the madness on Mission street (where a lot of the fires were, but not the burning bus, which was downtown). I live on the west end of the city, which is far less prone to these spontaneous displays of joy, shall we say. However, because of street blockages (and eventual closures) I ended up having to walk most of the way home, which took a very long time. Good luck getting a cab in this city on a regular day, let alone after a major championship.

Anyways, regardless of that, a big kudos to the Giants. They really won as a team this year, and I think the City is showing a lot of love not just for the uniform or the end result (which are obvious), but for how they came together. It's a cliche to say "it's not whether you win or lose, it's how you play the game", but I've always believed it all the same, and I think the Giants can truly say they won the right way. Having said that, they didn't make it easy on themselves getting out of the NL, that's for sure. Parade's on Wednesday, still trying to figure out if there's any way at all I can cut work to go see it. Seems like a no-brainer, but I've really got a critical day of work that day too... :sadno:

EDIT: Oh, and I feel a little bad for the Tigers. I don't know why but they never really looked in this one. I'm sure the layoff was partly responsible, though the Giants were undoubtedly deserving and the better team over the small sample size. Wouldn't be too shocked to see these two teams contending for a rematch next year.

Last years game 6 in the world series was the best game I have ever seen.

Congrats san Francisco

Yeah true -- being one strike away and then coming back to win the whole thing -- I was thinking about the playoffs as a whole.

The Yankees and Orioles series. The Giants amazing comeback throughout the entire series. The Nationals epic collapse etc.

No need to hate. I only really care about the Rangers anyway. Detroit is just the team I cheer for when my team is out, similar to the red wings :P

Haha I was just doing what I did back to you

I remember the Rangers were terrible.....

Archived