The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The MLB Thread- 2014 Season

gmen81

Ugh, if the two Bay Area teams go down I'll probably have to pull for Baltimore. Either that or Cincinnati, once I get over the fact that they knocked out my boys. Yankees-Tigers, Nats-Reds is a worst case LCS round for me though, and it's the most likely one.

Nats-Reds would be a dynamite series! Let's go Reds!

Nats-Reds would be a dynamite series! Let's go Reds!

I hate the Nationals and Yankees and I live in the Bay Area. Sadly, it's a long shot for any of the series to swing my way. I would really enjoy seeing Edwin Jackson get spanked around by the Cardinals tonight though. Washington's scheduled game 4 starter is Detwiler, who I wouldn't feel that great about throwing out there in an elimination game. St Louis would counter with Kyle Lohse, who quietly had a remarkable year, going 16-3. However, Lohse was not very good in the playoffs last year for the Cards.

UPDATE: 7th inning right now, and the Cards are up 6-0, having hung 4 of those runs on starter Edwin Jackson. Fingers crossed for the lynch mob should they bow out due to subpar pitching.

UPDATE 2: Giants are still alive, wooooooo.

Man, I am as far from a Yankee fan as they come, but Jesus Christ did he ever own it tonight. In the zone and cool as a cucumber, even when rounding the bases he seemed so ho-hum, until home plate that is...

Great game. Playoff baseball is the only baseball.

I missed the 9th inning homer, because I was driving home. Then I get home I turn on the TV and the 1st thing I see was his walk-off game winning homer.

I too hate the Yankees, but that was pretty sweet to see.

Wow Oakland scores 3 in the bottom of the 9th to force a game 5.

Oh and gotta love PVR's. I was playing video games thinking the game was done, but left it on Sportsnet. Go on twitter and read that Oakland won, so of course I was able to rewind and watch the whole bottom of the 9th. Gotta love the emotion shown by the A's players.

After watching the GWR. I wonder if Garcia had picked up the ball cleanly if he would have gotten Smith at home.

You know, I wondered that too, but I really doubt he was going to outthrow the speed and determination of Smith.

You just know that he has to feel like an ass for not even getting a chance though. He'll get another shot tomorrow.

And was it just me? Or did the double to send runners to 2nd and 3rd look like Valverde missed up in the zone? Hell of a time for a mistake. It looked like the splitter to Crisp was high too.

After watching the GWR. I wonder if Garcia had picked up the ball cleanly if he would have gotten Smith at home.

I don't think so, Smith took off as soon as that one was hit and had a lot of speed coming around 3rd base. Garcia would've needed a perfect throw to get him

Well GM, it looks like your dream of a Bay area series is still alive. Giants pwned, but the Oakland win was something!

Looked like Valverde was throwing BP out there...

BTW: Good on Ibanez, but I still hope the Yanks die like dogs...

Well that's what I want to see, but my wife is pretty much ready to kill me right now being that I've been sitting on my ass every evening. We won't have to wait long to find out, the Cincy-SF game is early today. I keep browsing the Athletics website to see if I can pick up a cheap pair of tickets when they open up the upper deck, but for some reason they haven't done that, wtf.

I've always like Ibanez, but that was absolutely devastating yesterday for a Yankee hater like me.

Archived