#211 Nathan MacKinnon

Nathan MacKinnon

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,242 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 09:47 PM

AND THE SAN FRANCISCO GIANTS ARE GOING TO THE WORLD SERIES!!!!! WOOOOOOOO

I'm sorry Tigers I was going to cheer for you if it was Cards vs Tigers but comon now San Fran is my second favroite team!!!! GO GIANTS!!!!!

And GM you should totally go to the World Series!!!! How much are tickets to the world series anyway?

Edited by UMADBRO?, 22 October 2012 - 09:48 PM.

+1 this post!

Posted Image

Credit to Intoewsables :wub: :wub: :wub:

Formerly known as UMADBRO?

Luongo Supporter. Does not deserve any of this BS

#212 Pineapples

Pineapples

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,078 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 10:53 PM

Glad to know that the Cards are out, though I don't care for the Giants either. I guess Detroit is who I'll be routing for now.

Pineapple_jumps.gifPineapple_jumps.gif

#213 chisoxin12

chisoxin12

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,610 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 07:57 AM

Come back kids, but as much as I hate the Tiggers, I like the Junior circuit more. Giants look pretty hungry though.

#214 RUPERTKBD

RUPERTKBD

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,459 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 10:46 AM

Glad to see the Giants come all the way back. Especially happy for Marco, who deserves a shot at a title after being a good soldier for so long...
Orland Kurtenbach and Dennis Kearns had just been torched 8-1 by the Habs, but they still took time to come out to meet us, some fellow BC boys who were playing hockey in Montreal. THAT"S what being a Canuck is!

#215 Gretzky's Mullet

Gretzky's Mullet

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 7,598 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 10:59 AM

AND THE SAN FRANCISCO GIANTS ARE GOING TO THE WORLD SERIES!!!!! WOOOOOOOO

I'm sorry Tigers I was going to cheer for you if it was Cards vs Tigers but comon now San Fran is my second favroite team!!!! GO GIANTS!!!!!

And GM you should totally go to the World Series!!!! How much are tickets to the world series anyway?

All sold out in presales from the Giants website. Stubhub they start around $400 for standing room only. Might have to take a pass on that one, much as I'd like to go. I've already done my once-in-a-lifetime gross overspend for a sports ticket (went to the 2010 Super Bowl in Miami), though I guess if prices come down a little bit in a last minute type of situation, I might reconsider. Also, I hate that a home game start time gets moved up 2 hours on the west coast but only 1 hour back out east. They do that in hockey as well, how about the compromise could be home field advantage includes only a one hour shift from normal start time? Stupid TV ratings dominated sports world.
Posted Image

LUC BOURDON: FEB 16TH, 1987 - MAY 29TH, 2008

#216 Nathan MacKinnon

Nathan MacKinnon

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,242 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 03:38 PM

All sold out in presales from the Giants website. Stubhub they start around $400 for standing room only. Might have to take a pass on that one, much as I'd like to go. I've already done my once-in-a-lifetime gross overspend for a sports ticket (went to the 2010 Super Bowl in Miami), though I guess if prices come down a little bit in a last minute type of situation, I might reconsider. Also, I hate that a home game start time gets moved up 2 hours on the west coast but only 1 hour back out east. They do that in hockey as well, how about the compromise could be home field advantage includes only a one hour shift from normal start time? Stupid TV ratings dominated sports world.

Damn.....didn't realize how much it would be. Well maybe you could get in your kayak and go out to the bay and hope a ball splashes near you lol. But damn you went to the Super Bowl? Lucky guy though it is extremely expensive

+1 this post!

Posted Image

#217 Gretzky's Mullet

Gretzky's Mullet

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 7,598 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 02:57 PM

Damn.....didn't realize how much it would be. Well maybe you could get in your kayak and go out to the bay and hope a ball splashes near you lol. But damn you went to the Super Bowl? Lucky guy though it is extremely expensive

Well I don't own a kayak and that would probably cost more than a ticket. The Super Bowl was an amazing experience, but also an exercise in poor fiscal prudence. I got talked into it more than anything else. I'm still scanning stubhub, and might jump for a single if I can find one priced cheaply enough. Having said that, I imagine there are a number of people who would try to grab singles in a seated section and then just hang out in a SRO area, which is a higher demand item in the playoffs, so that might not yield much success. If the A's had made it I probably could've gotten a ticket, lousy modern stadiums with their artificially small capacity to stimulate demand (AT&T only holds 41,000).

Edited by Gretzky's Mullet, 24 October 2012 - 02:57 PM.

Posted Image

#218 Nathan MacKinnon

Nathan MacKinnon

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,242 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 04:14 PM

Well I don't own a kayak and that would probably cost more than a ticket. The Super Bowl was an amazing experience, but also an exercise in poor fiscal prudence. I got talked into it more than anything else. I'm still scanning stubhub, and might jump for a single if I can find one priced cheaply enough. Having said that, I imagine there are a number of people who would try to grab singles in a seated section and then just hang out in a SRO area, which is a higher demand item in the playoffs, so that might not yield much success. If the A's had made it I probably could've gotten a ticket, lousy modern stadiums with their artificially small capacity to stimulate demand (AT&T only holds 41,000).

Aha I was joking about the kayak

I find stubhub is usually much, much cheaper than the box office, ticketmaster or the team website. If you find a ticket for like 20 bucks you should totally go

+1 this post!

Posted Image

#219 gmen81

gmen81

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,122 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 05:39 PM

I find stubhub is usually much, much cheaper than the box office, ticketmaster or the team website. If you find a ticket for like 20 bucks you should totally go

I really don't think you will find a ticket to the World Series for $20. If that was the case I would fly down and go. Plus I'd be able to stay with my buddy who lives in Mountainview.
Posted Image

#220 Gretzky's Mullet

Gretzky's Mullet

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 7,598 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 05:50 PM

Stubhub isn't "cheaper" per se, it simply acts as a closer reflection of the true market value of the tickets. In the case of a weekday regular season game between two non-contending teams in the middle of the season, you can get tickets for almost nothing. In the case of a game in the World Series, stubhub will represent a markup. The exception is when you get close to game time, you can sometimes luck out with people who have to mark down below the general going rate in order to get rid of harder to unload seats (eg: singles or nosebleeds).
Posted Image

#221 Nathan MacKinnon

Nathan MacKinnon

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,242 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 05:55 PM

I really don't think you will find a ticket to the World Series for $20. If that was the case I would fly down and go. Plus I'd be able to stay with my buddy who lives in Mountainview.

I don't know much about prices but I went to the 2010 world series for $20...

+1 this post!

Posted Image

#222 gmen81

gmen81

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,122 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 06:12 PM

I don't know much about prices but I went to the 2010 world series for $20...

Why do I find that hard to believe. I went to a dbacks game in early April and the cheapest ticket I go was around $15.
Posted Image

#223 GodzillaDeuce

GodzillaDeuce

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,123 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 06:15 PM

not going the way detroit was expecting so far

.......and I love it

well I'm sorry that gd is soo perfect

#224 gmen81

gmen81

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,122 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 06:26 PM

Bounces sure going the Giants way so far. The Pagan hit off of 3rd base, then the double play on Young and Fielder.
Posted Image

#225 Nathan MacKinnon

Nathan MacKinnon

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,242 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 07:04 PM

Why do I find that hard to believe. I went to a dbacks game in early April and the cheapest ticket I go was around $15.

Well it might've helped that my aunts friend works for the Giants

+1 this post!

Posted Image

#226 Gretzky's Mullet

Gretzky's Mullet

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 7,598 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 12:27 PM

If anyone in here can honestly say they predicted that Zito would take his 84 mph fastball and dominate while Verlander and his 87 mph changeup would look like BP, say so. Favourite moment of the game was Zito's RBI single against his counterpart.
Posted Image

#227 RUPERTKBD

RUPERTKBD

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 18,459 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 03:16 PM

If anyone in here can honestly say they predicted that Zito would take his 84 mph fastball and dominate while Verlander and his 87 mph changeup would look like BP, say so. Favourite moment of the game was Zito's RBI single against his counterpart.

Definitely a surprise for me. Not so much that Zito was good, but that Verlander was that bad.

I'm happy for the Panda though....seems like a great guy...
Orland Kurtenbach and Dennis Kearns had just been torched 8-1 by the Habs, but they still took time to come out to meet us, some fellow BC boys who were playing hockey in Montreal. THAT"S what being a Canuck is!

#228 Nathan MacKinnon

Nathan MacKinnon

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,242 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 11:12 PM

YEAAAAH!!! GIANTS WIN 2-0!! Giants up 2-0 in the series!

+1 this post!

Posted Image

#229 RUPERTKBD

RUPERTKBD

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 18,459 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 06:49 AM

The Tigers lose, thanks to two bizarre coaching decisions, IMO.

First, Gene Lamont sends the slowest player on the roster home, with nobody out... then, the Detroit plays for the DP instead of coming home in a bases-loaded situation. Watching that particular play, I had to agree with McCarver, when he said that they probably could have come home and still gotten the out at first...

#230 Gretzky's Mullet

Gretzky's Mullet

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 7,598 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 01:23 PM

Yeah, both of those were unfortunate calls on their part. Conceding a run late in a game where you've yet to score one yourselves is a questionable move.

Having said that, those decisions didn't necessarily singlehandedly cost them the game. There's no guarantee they would've scored that run from third, and there's no guarantee the Giants wouldn't still have scored that other run.

Frankly, I think the ridiculously imbalanced focus on offence over defence that has been the Tigers' philosophy might be showing up a little here. This is a team that has defensive dogs like Prince Fielder, Miguel Cabrera and Delmon Young all fielding a position simultaneously in NL ballparks (and Victor Martinez too, when he's healthy), as well as negative defensive players like Kelly, Dirks, Laird and Garcia. In fact, the only positive defensive players to play for the Tigers all year are Avila, Jackson, Peralta, Infante and Santiago, and of those only Avila is above a dWAR of 1. The Tigers collective team dWAR is -4.8, good for last amongst playoff teams (4th worst in the majors above only Houston, Cleveland and Colorado). Conversely, the Giants are pretty average defensively (+0.4, 15th in the majors), but a good chunk of that is also taken up by guys they aren't playing regularly for whatever reason in the Series (Theriot, Burriss, Cabrera). In comparison to the Tigers though, they're defensive stalwarts and I think that's been making a difference so far this series.
Posted Image

#231 gmen81

gmen81

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,122 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 05:26 PM

^ that's exactly what I was thinking.
Posted Image

#232 WHL rocks

WHL rocks

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,615 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 09:49 PM

How bout them Giants!!

Love MLB playoffs. Pbbly the best playoffs of 4 major sports in NA.

#233 Wilfred

Wilfred

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,501 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 05:19 PM

3 more outs and you win the World Series!

Edited by Federer, 28 October 2012 - 08:41 PM.

#234 Nathan MacKinnon

Nathan MacKinnon

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,242 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 08:51 PM

AND THE SAN FRANCISCO GIANTS HAVE WON THE WORLD SERIES !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:towel: :towel: :towel: :towel:

+1 this post!

Posted Image

#235 Hunter56

Hunter56

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 198 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 08:54 PM

Congrats to the San Francisco Giants on their 2nd World Series win in three years! Interesting playoffs this year, better than last season imo.

#236 GodzillaDeuce

GodzillaDeuce

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,123 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 08:58 PM

Congrats Giants

well I'm sorry that gd is soo perfect

#237 pimpcurtly

pimpcurtly

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,368 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 09:05 PM

Congrats Giants!!
Posted Image

#238 drdeath

drdeath

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,084 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 09:43 PM

Never been a big baseball fan, but this is a great night to be Venezuelan! Panda wins the series MVP!

aXmDa9t.gif

#239 Pineapples

Pineapples

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,078 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 10:27 PM

Ugh, Giants with another World Series win :sadno:

That's 2 too many in the last 3 years for my liking

Pineapple_jumps.gifPineapple_jumps.gif

#240 Alchemy Time

Alchemy Time

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,855 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 10:41 PM

Not that I really care, but congrats to the Giants for winning!
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.