The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

image of asian looking woman banned from new 100$ bill

CanuckGAME

if anything, she looks slightly vietnamese, in actuality, she looks like a generic woman without any specific nationality.

maybe it's the yellow/brown colour of the bill that made her look "asian" to the focus group. I wonder if she would still appear that way to them if the bill's colour was changed to a full out orange, or reddish brown.

mczqx3.png

or maybe a teal, so it doesn't get confused with another bill:

2wpnj42.png

Aren't Asians Canadian?

Why not find a simpler solution and represent as many of our multi-cultural group on as many of the different bills as possible, so the money reflects the actual diversity found in all aspects of Canadian life?

How is caucasian neutral? Wouldn't First Nations people be more 'neutral'?

Canada is a multicultural country so even if it was a depiction of a Chinese woman I don’t see how people can be justified in complaining. I think having racists (i.e. Mackenzie King) on our money is a more serious issue.

For those who are unaware he’s the former Prime Minister who is on our fifty dollar bill. He turned away the SS St. Louis which was a ship carrying Jewish refugees fleeing from Germany on the cusp of the Second World War. He also was responsible for the Japanese internment camps. It’s okay to have him on our money but not a Chinese woman looking through the microscope?

We wouldn’t have Canada if it wasn’t for immigrants from Scotland, Ireland, France, China, India, etc. Immigrants built this country. I’d say we should take Mackenzie King and have people like Tommy Douglas, Terry Fox, Romeo Dallaire on our currency instead.

Aren't Asians Canadian?

Why not find a simpler solution and represent as many of our multi-cultural group on as many of the different bills as possible, so the money reflects the actual diversity found in all aspects of Canadian life?

How is caucasian neutral? Wouldn't First Nations people be more 'neutral'?

Archived